Unified MMA 14 – Weigh In Results

unified MMAUnified MMA will hold their annual Christmas show tomorrow night at the Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta. The show is completely sold out so if you don’t have tickets in hand you’ll have to keep it locked to Top MMA News for all your Unified MMA coverage.

Fight Card:
155lbs- Tim Smith (154) vs. Matthew Spisak (154.4)
***Lightweight Title Fight

170lbs- Chase Maxwell (171) vs. Jarod Milko (171)
160lbs- Merrick Duggan (159.4) vs. Neil Doty (158.2)
170lbs- Mark Drummond (170.6) vs. Cassian Alexy (168)
180lbs- Josh Dugas (179.6) vs. Dwight Chowace (180.6)
130lbs- Michael Banin (129) vs. *Corey Knapp (134)
155lbs- Cole Campbell (155.4) vs. Brent Haley (155)

Amateur Fights:
155lbs- Zach Burroughs (154) vs. Justin Nanaquawetung (150.8)
135lbs- Eric Huang (130.8) vs. Josh Tse (128)
155lbs- Abel Burroughs (154.8) vs. Will Robbins (154.6)
140lbs- ^Bruno Marques (141.4) vs. Matthew Holinaty (137.8)

*Missed weight, forfeits 25% of purse to his opponent
^Missed weight

50 Responses to “ Unified MMA 14 – Weigh In Results ”

1. Keelan Smyth says:

That Matthew Spisak acted like a complete clown at weigh inn’s

2. BodySnatcher says:

fight the next day or not i’d of punched him in his fucking face for that. gotta respect the control of smith hope he wins so he can face chad laprise next

3. Money bags says:

Spiak acted like a retard show some class… What a douche

4. JAMES says:

shady should have smacked him in the chops, but the big story here is merrick made weight. come one everyone three cheers for merrick. lol

5. tyler davis says:

A camp doesn’t necessarily win a fight, it helps a ton but you step in there alone…… Relying on your team alone sounds like a tinge of fear to me. ,”look at my camp” instead of look into my eyes and see MY focus and MY determination

6. Cody R says:

James it was supposed to be 155 so he gets 1.5 cheers

7. BodySnatcher says:

spisak is a straight up bitch punk who needs to be smacked the fuck out.i’d like to see him try that on any other fighter(no offense to smith) in any other “org” who has guys there at the weigh ins so that don’t happen, his bitch ass would of got beat the fuck down if not by the fighter but by the security.

8. Marv says:

Hahahahaha fuck your camp bitch!! Gotta respect shady’s restraint

9. cavemanbully says:

Seems to me spisak is nervous and a common reaction of some when they’re scared is fight or flight and he chose fight so at least we should see a good fight.
    Good job Milko time to take home the W!

10. sean quinn says:

PUNCTUATION!!!

11. cody krahn says:

Kind of a big diss to Shady’s training partners to diss his camp like that.

Shady by decapitation in rd 1

12. rhondarouseystalker says:

Agree with cody…..

Smith by KO early rd 1

13. rhondarouseystalker says:

Agree with cody…..

Smith by KO early rd 1

Ps. Spisaks actions show how much class hayabusa has… Buncha egotistical punks

14. Gunner says:

I know what my Coach and team would be doing to me if i ever embarrassed them like that

15. Chad Laprise says:

That was one of the most disrespectful things I have ever seen. I would fight Matthew Spisak for free on any show after seeing that. Win or loose please somebody set me up with that clown and I can teach him a professional is supposed to act. It’s guys like this who give our sport a bad rap..

@Cody R.
    “James it was supposed to be 155 so he gets 1.5 cheers”

The Merrick Duggan fight has been scheduled at 160lbs since Sunny first sent me the card

17. dan chambers says:

wow… he better come out and be the man in the cage cause that was a joke… he’s lucky he didn’t get ko’d right there.. I could only imagin what lee mein would do to me or any other cmc guy that acted like that.

18. ShittyBill780 says:

Was Tim on his way to rob a bank after the weigh ins?

19. Jamie Locke says:

^ I think he was heading to hold up a train…

20. Graham Weenk says:

no point in shady smacking him at weigh ins… he gets ample opportunity to that in a cage tonight in front of allot of people. Good on shady to be professional. fight in the cage not at weigh ins

21. IMNOTIMPRESSED says:

Any idea where to pick tickets up and how much? and a start time?

Tickets are completely sold out, unless you can find a fighter that still has some you’re out of luck, fights are scheduled to start at 730pm if you can find tickets!

23. Cody R says:

O, shit that’s embarrassing on my part, my bad

I’m obviously in the minority and prob gonna get it but whatever, I love seeing weigh-in or pre-fight scuffles and heat. I think it’s absolutely great and puts a smile on my face.

As a fan I’d like to see it happen more often.
    Hopefully this makes for a more heated fight, nothing worse than these bromance, hugfest, lovey dovey fights that have become common place.
    I want guys to go in there and fight, not high five, hug, and chuckle during fights.

What other sporting event do you see where if a player takes a good shot, scores a good goal, makes a big hit, etc he has a bromance moment with his competitor.

I’m expecting a good time!

25. IMNOTIMPRESSED says:

THANKS

26. Roger A says:

AWWW shit Bobby…now your gonna have all these righteous fukers start bashing you. What time is church on Sunday again? Actually nm ill still be hungover from the night before. But i don’t see nothing wrong with a little brotherly love. Honestly it was just a fight before last night…now it has a little tenacity and makes things more interesting. Just saying.

27. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

BKB is the devil

Hallelujah! Thanks Roger, exactly!

As a fan here is my opinion:

Church is closed pre and during fight. That’s when it’s time to just bang bro!
    After fight, you can bro it out and be all chummy if that’s what you like.
    That’s why church is on Sunday after you’ve weighed in and scrapped on Thurs-Sat.

Let’s keep it that way!

Amen!

29. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

WTF does church have to do with anything?

MMA is the religion we all live.

30. sean quinn says:

I gave MAD thumb down. Cuz that’s how I roll.

31. sean quinn says:

Y’all are bitches.

32. R & W says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 21

33. Josh Machan says:

I hate comments like this ^^^. We are professional athletes why the hell would we be fighting in the streets?

R & W I’ll give you a million dollars if you can last one minute with Jesse Ronson anywhere. Cage, “the streets” (grow the f#ck up man), your mom’s bedroom, where ever.

35. booboo says:

EVIDENTLY R @ W HASNT SEEN MUCH OF THE BODY SNATCHER , BUT YOU WILL , IN THE UFC ON TV SOON , YOU FUCKING CLOWN !

36. Donald Duck says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

37. R & W says:

Grow the fuck up? First of all I am a fan and have my opinion like any of you. Second of all your an other fighter that likes to think he is something but also gets hand picked fights. Love seeing all these keyboard tough keys. That is all I have to say.

38. Donald Duck says:

Dude I will smack the jiggle bells out of you if you ever talk about a fighter like that again.

You unna stan?

Donnie

The “grow the f#ck up” was aimed at any loogan stupid enough to write about no ‘refs to protect someone in the streets’.
    That is one of the most ridiculous things that tough guys always write on mma message boards.

40. sean quinn says:

Robin is only saying that cuz he’s in bed protected by his wife and that hideous “dog” Pluto.
    He’d never have the plums to talk like that in the streets.

41. BodySnatcher says:

Hahahha yes Robin Black. I got no time for grassers like RW

A ref saved me on the streets once. True story……

43. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Ive reffed probably over thousand karate…kickboxing…pankration ..etc..matches in my lifetime and i have saved lots of ppl on the streets…;-)

44. Shane BTP Mountney says:

@RW its funny to me that you think Jesse and Chad have their fights hand picked…honestly in my experience the Score Fighting Series matches their fights the most evenly anywhere in the country…Jesse has fought very experienced and tough dudes especially his last fight…as well as Chad…they juzt happen to be that damn good…and if you dont know this ..than really your not much of a fan and lack the smarts to actually see this!

45. Idolmaker says:

Shut up Sean Quinn and robin black!!! There are no weight classes in the street ;)!

46. booboo says:

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAND PICK , MIKE RICCI , ALEX RICCI AND HEALY . SFS HAS THE BEST MATCHMAKER IN ALL MMA ( IMO )AND YOU WONDER WHY SFS IS AT THE TOP OF CANADIAN PROMOS . THE ONLY THING THATS HAND PICKED IS YOU PICKING YOUR SLONG , SO QUIT JERKING IT BEFORE YOU HURT YOURSELF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE AND GUESS WHAT YOU ARE NOW AN ASSHOLE TOO !

47. Bdc says:

Shane watching ur kids play mortal kombat dose not count as reffing lol

48. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Thats actually funny!

49. tyler davis says:

No lighting bolts to the back of the head………..who the Hell would be dumb enough to try and did the body snatcher? He Danm near beat a man to death his last fight, well I geuss someone who calls people keyboard warriors and then threatens them with in Da streets!!!!!(probly grand theft auto streets)

50. Kiss - Love Gun says:

Nice pic Big Win! Candy cane in the mouth is provocative.