UFC on FX 6 Results

The UFC was in Australia on November 14, 2013 to crown two champions from The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes at UFC on FX 6.

The card also featured Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos in the main event. Both fighters were coaches on the season of TUF, which pitted fighters from the United Kingdom against fighters from Australia.

Main Card
Ross Pearson defeats George Sotiropoulos by TKO (Strikes) at :41 of Round 3

The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Welterweight Final
Robert Whittaker defeats Brad Scott by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Lightweight Final
Norman Parke defeats Colin Fletcher by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Hector Lombard defeats Rousimar Palhares by TKO (strikes) at 3:38 of Round 1

Prelims
Chad Mendes defeats Yaotzin Meza by KO (Punch) at 1:55 of Round 1

Joey Beltran defeats Igor Pokrajac by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Mike Pierce defeats Seth Baczynski by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Ben Alloway defeats Manuel Rodriguez by KO (Kick) at 4:57 of Round 1

Mike Wilkinson defeats Brendan Loughnane by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Cody Donovan defeats Nick Penner by TKO (Strikes) at 4:35 of Round 1

26 Responses to “ UFC on FX 6 Results ”

1. AMLEHTC says:

Nick Penner got FOTN

2. BodySnatcher says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 3 Thumb down 13

3. Oilcity30 says:

Think Penner will get cut after goin o-2

4. K.Rasmus says:

Fight of the night was Mike Wilkinson vs Brendan Loughnane . ( my opinion ) I have anouther opinion and that is Nick Penner and George Sotiropoulos should not be fighting in the UFC with their sloppy performances on the grand stage ! I am sure many of Nicks buddies and all of team Hyabusa will disagree , however I stand behind what I say .

5. Jamie Locke says:

Penner looks so uncomfortable in there. He rocks a strange stance where he appears off balance and always keeps his chin high.

I don’t think he is UFC caliber. Not hattin’, cause I hear he’s a hell of a guy, but just sayin’.

6. Demitri (trev) says:

Penner drops his opponent twice and wins FOTN and people say he doesn’t belong?

He has an awkward stance so he doesn’t belong? There’s a whole load of NHL and NFL players who shouldn’t be playing either cause they have awkward style. Interesting point Jamie. Thank God your not a coach, scout or trainer in any sport.

7. Jamie Locke says:

Hey, just calling it how I see it. I can’t think of anyone that Penner should beat in the UFC. I’d love to see the guy see some success there, just like all Canadians that make the big show, I just don’t see it happening for him there.

Who do you think he should fight next? What advantages will he bring to the fight?

8. AMLEHTC says:

Since you’re so confident you should tell him to his face or maybe not be such a pompous ass about it

9. Jamie made valid comments. It would be nice to see intelligent replies from AMLEHTC and maybe a real name.

AMLEHTC…if you disagree with Jamie, why not just let him know the UFC LHWs that you would bet against when they fought Nick Penner.

Off the top of my head, I think Nick matches up fine against Chad Griggs, Cyrille Diabate, Roger Hollett, Kyle Kingsbury.

10. AMLEHTC says:

Eddie Mendes would be another to add to your list of guys. I think kingsbury would be 50-50 fight due to Kylie’s athleticism.
    My issue is people calling for fighters to lose their job when they put on a good performance, but lost. I thought Penner showed a lot of good things in his fight, his counter punching is UFC level IMO , he landed several hard shots and a beautiful elbow one time when Donovan charged in. As Demetri(Trev) stated he dropped him twice and got FOTN , adding I’m not hating after saying someone has bad standup when they’ve won several legit kickboxing titles seems silly to me

11. Totally agree AMLEHTC. The line between winning and losing in the UFC can be very fine.

The UFC seems to be giving more fighters a third fight following a couple losses. Hopefully, Penner gets that third shot especially after a FOTN.

12. AMLETHC says:

205 and above everyone has knockout power and as we saw in Penner’s fight all it takes is one. I also hope he gets another shot, hopefully against someone on your list of guys

13. Demitri (trev) says:

So Jamie you think penner was out of his league in his fight when he dropped his opponent twice? He didn’t match up well?

Keith, to add to your list:
    I would like to see a rematch with perosh.
    Oliveara
    Pokrijac
    Nedkov
    I would like to say Beltran to given his awesome performance against pokrijac
    And of course donovan who he dropped twice before getting caught

I can’t think of to many other off the top of my head but in total I would say there’s minimum 15 that could beat each other any given night.

Like it was said. There light heavys; one punch can change the outcome

14. Oilcity30 says:

No disrespect to Penner but he will get cut 2 UFC fights knocked out in first round both times. He may match up against a few weaker UFC opponents like the ones u mentioned but UFC is for the elite, well at least it’s supposed to. Say it to his face lmfao you clown!!!

15. Demitri (trev) says:

Oilcity – your right UFC is for the elite. If he beats the weaker guys in the ufc, they are still the elite in the world.

I think your the clown….

16. Jamie Locke says:

Obviously it would be disrespectful for me to walk up to Penner and tell him I don’t believe he beloings in the UFC. I have never met the guy, I would probably say “Congrats on making it to the big show, looking forward to seeing you fight again.”. That doesn’t mean I can’t state my opinion on a message board that is directed at talking about Canadian MMA fighters, I am sure he would respect that.

Yes he is an established kickboxer, and he has done well in the Canadian mma circuit. I didn’t say he had shitty stand-up, he obviously has creds to prove me otherwise. I just don’t believe with his style, and essentially that high chin, that he will see success againt the best in the world.

If he does get a thrid go, which I hope he does, I like a couple of the picks you made.

Chad Griggs could be a crazy fight, both would have a lot on the line. I’d pick the Gravedigger FTW in that one.

A Roger Hollett match up would be a cool Canadian LHW bout, would be a nice fight for an MTL card. This one would be awesome to see in the UFC.

Kingsbury could also be an OK match-up. If he gets another go after 3 straight L’s.

These are big guys and as everyone knows, anything can happen. I just don’t see Nick bringing anything unique to the table, though it’d be great to see Nick get a big KO win on the world stage as it would anyone from the Canadian grass roots!

17. Oilcity30 says:

He just lost 2 of the lower elite fighters in UFC like I said no disrespect to nick he made it to the big show. I just figured he would be cut as most guys who go 0-2 inside the first round do although his fotn honora may earn him another shot. Jami I like the hollet vs Penner loser gets the bootatch lol

18. PeanutButterJellyTime says:

Penner doesn’t belong in the UFC. Perosh is a joke and he schooled penner…look what Jimmo did to him. Every stand up fighter in the UFC would knock him out. He’s barely top ten in Canada

19. Bdc says:

Lol Jamie Locke doesn’t mean I can’t talk shit on the Internet and disrespect him there but I’d never do it too his face. That’s basically what u said WOW

20. Demitri (trev) says:

That is what Jamie said. Lost all respect for him with that comment. Pretty ridiculous

21. Demitri (trev) says:

And pavelich your a douch. I remember that screen name from before. When will you get any class? Dumbass

Your friends don’t even like you

22. Jamie Locke says:

I’m not talking any shit about him? I also don’t think it’s disrespectful to talk about whether or not a fighter is capable of hanging in the big leagues on an mma forum.

If he wasn’t Canadian would you guys be so mad? There is a lot of shit talk on this site, but I don’t believe what I am saying is disrespectful or shit talk.

I don’t understand how I’m being rude or “pompus”. I’m just saying there isn’t anyone in the UFC LHW division that I think Penner could beat on paper.

I asked who you guys think he could beat in the UFC and why. You listed a couple of potential match ups against the bottom end of the LHW spectrum, and nobody mentioned why he could beat them just “Like it was said. There light heavys; one punch can change the outcome”.

There are a couple of good fair fights for Penner in the UFC that you mentioned and I responded to, but I don’t think any names that were mentioned thus far are guys that Penner beats on papaer.

I suppose the most disrespectful thing I said was he has an awkward stance and keeps his chin high. This is something I could say to Penner if we were to ever be sitting down drinking beers and chatting about fighting – which isn’t ever going to happen because I am just an internet nerd who doesn’t know him, and if it did happen he would probably think “yeah buddy, what ever, I am a kickboxing champion and in the UFC so what you think about my stance is so irrelivant that I’ve forgotten about it already”…

I’m not disrespecting anyone or talking shit, I’m attempting a converstaion about who you think Penner can beat in the UFC and what skills he has to bring to the table in order to get that W. If the only answer is that Penner is a big guy and he just needs to land the KO punch on anyone in the bottom end of the division, than that can be said for any big hitter at 205 lbs.

“That is what Jamie said. Lost all respect for him with that comment.” – does this mean I have a hatter now? H8ers make me famous!

23. You said nothing disrespectful about Penner.

He is a pro athlete and you are allowed to comment on his performance – good or bad.

You didn’t bash and you used your real name. Thumb’s up from me!

That is what this site is about.

I 2nd that Keith.

The great thing about someone saying “Punchy McSmash looked terrible in his last fight” is, on a great forum where people debate, someone else can say “I disagree! Punchy looked great in those pink tights!”

It’s awesome to debate. Discuss. Agree and disagree. Get to see different perspectives that change your opinion.

This is why it’s fun to hang out with like-minded nerds and talk fights!

25. Donald Duck says:

I think Robin looked more like KD Lang in his last fight than he has previously.

Hot debate. What do you think.

Donnie

26. K.Rasmus says:

Them 2 drops weren’t very good ones cause Mr. Donovan got back up to win .