UFC on Fox 5: Henderson vs Diaz – Quick Results

The UFC holds theri 5th event on FOX tonight from Key Arena in Seattle, Washington. Here are the quick results:

Benson Henderson defeats Nate Diaz via Unanimous Decision (50-45,50-45,50-43)

Alexander Gustafsson defeats Mauricio Rua via Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-27,30-26)

Rory MacDonald defeats BJ Penn via Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-26,30-26)

Matt Brown defeats Mike Swick via KO at 2:31 of Rd2

Yves Edwards defeats Jeremy Stephens via TKO (Elbows) at 1:55 of Rd1

Raphael Assunca defeats Mike Easton by Unanimous Decision

Ramsey Nijem defeats Joe Proctor via Unanimous Decision (30-27,29-28,29-28)

Daron Cruickshank defeats Henry Martinez via KO (Head Kick) at 2:57 of Rd2

Abel Trujillo defeats Marcus LeVesseur via TKO (Knees to the body) at 3:56 of Rd2

Dennis Siver defeats Nam Phan via Unanimous Decision (30-26,30-25,30-24)

Scott Jorgensen submits John Albert via Rear Naked Choke at 4:59 of Rd1

28 Responses to “ UFC on Fox 5: Henderson vs Diaz – Quick Results ”

1. steve hill says:

great card so far..

2. wow was phan that bad?

I had the Siver vs Phan fight 30-25

4. Konrad says:

Wasn’t Pham best performance but siver was just that good!!

5. Steve hill says:

Agreed Konrad… Siver looked very good….

Awesome performance by Benson Henderson!

7. OttawaMMA says:

^^ Agreed, then he ruins it by thanking the magical fairy in the sky.

8. Lee says:

Henderson would have beat Nick Diaz tonight.

9. PBNJ says:

The Henderson/Diaz fight is exactly how the GSP/Nick Diaz fight is going to look

Rory MacDonald is a tough kid, but that showboating crap, lost him some fans everywhere. I have Condit beating him again in the rematch. Both are different fighters since their first bout. Also, I think Jonny Hendricks would put a beating on Rory. His lacking wrestling would be exposed and his cockiness would be met with thunderous lefthand

I missed the card and only caught the Diaz shenanigans via teh web, but this is yet another reference about RoMac showboating. Was it that bad? Disappointing. I have always dug the humility of GSP and other Canucks.

11. booboo says:

DANA WHITE OWES DARON CRUIKSHANK 65 K ! BY FAR KO OTN MABE YEAR , EXCITING FIGHT !!

12. Lakwider says:

Anyone know if Mitch Clarke is fighting in the UFC soon? Man the 155 lb division is stacked with animals. Look at the card today, Cruickshanks and that beast Trujillo. Not to forget that cagy vet Edwards. Anyone know when Mitch’s next UFC fight will be? Tough division for that guy man.

13. Jamie Locke says:

I don’t see anything wrong with Rory doing a little showboating in the cage. He was picking BJ apart but couldn’t manage to put him down. Why not work his mental game and try to get an openning?

It’s not like he was giving him the double middle fingers or anything.

It’s not just the dancing though… Rory seems to have a whole new attitude starting with this fight. I really like Rory as a fighter but this new personality of his kinda rubs me the wrong way! I much prefer the quiet, humble Rory!

15. I don’t mind Rory’s new persona. While not a big fan of his new wardrobe, his call out was great and I have no problem with his actions during the third round of the fight.

16. Shane BTP Mountney says:

To me his showboating was disrepectful….he was claery dominating and negating anything BJ had for him…he wasnt satisfied with a dominant performance over one of the greats…so tried to humilate BJ in the process…this is still a martial art a d some amount of respect and honor must be given and shown…his youth really showed through…it was a masteful fight for someone so young in the game…and he couldnt be satified with that…it not only reflects poorly on him…but on everyone surrounding him…and influence futures athletes and fans of this great sport!…its o e thing for this to happen in the fight…ad than apologize after…maybe even with the excuse that his emotions got the better of him…its another to act like that and tben say…i dont care about my actions or my fans…i fight for me…regardless of what my come for the future for him…he has put a stain on his young promissing career…just my .02$

17. Idolmaker says:

We don’t know what all was said behind the scenes. BJ has always talked a lot of crap, some way inappropriate. Including some nasty stuff about Firas. As long as Rory is willing to deal with the consequences of his actions, I’m fine with it. However it doesn’t send the best message to the younger fans. Inevitably all these guys are role models. I see it from both sides.

18. @Shane BTP Mountney…

Rory did this to a guy who kissed his downed opponent on the lips, has licked his opponent’s blood off his gloves, and during interviews answered BJPENN.COM to questions. Not even going to mention vaselinegate.

I am not crying over what Rory did here.

19. I am actually very annoyed at the response to Rory. Diaz bros can be dicks and are loved. BJ has been a dick and is loved. Rampage is a dick and is loved.

Rory is not being respectful. Give me a break!

Same goes with Rashad, he is hated for doing things that Ramapage would be loved for.

20. Jamie Locke says:

^ Keith nailed it.

All the guy did was a little footwork dance. Guys do it in boxing all the time. He didn’t spit at the guy (Bisping), he didn’t jack the fingers or curse at him throughout the fight (Diaz’)… Why can’t the guy have a little fun during the bout, BJ said some rude stuff about him and his team.

IMO he doesn’t even have a “persona” yet. I mean, he was “the Waterboy” which I thought was awesome. He would be calm cool and collected until someone landed on him, then you’d see the crazy side. Now he’s at Tristar and is “Ares?”, I’m not even sure what this is about yet. I think the kid is still finding himself. It’s cool that we get to watch it happen. I don’t think he should be hated on for schooling BJ and showing off a bit in the process. Rory has all kinds of respect for those who he feels deserve it from him.

BTP… What’s with all the… after… every… thought…………………?

21. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Just the way ive texted my whole life….keith i come from a very traditional martial arts background…i dont agree with anyone disrespecting the sport…the art…or another competitor ever!..no matter who it is…like i said its just my 2 cents …and god im gonna hate myself for this…but i agree with idol…Rory could very well be the next star..the next champ..and a very influential role model…to the younger atheltes and future fans…and now there gonna take this as acceptable behavior…just seems sad to me that we have competitors act like this is the WWE…

22. Shane BTP Mountney says:

And dont get me started on that jack ass Nate Diaz…

23. Shane BTP Mountney says:

But besides the sideshow shinanigans….to me this was the best ufc card to date….the fights were awesome…all the fighters showed skill and heart!…and it was awesome for the fans….but i truly believe Cruikshank should have gotten KOTN bonus…

24. Jamie Locke says:

Definitly the best free card so far IMO.

25. Jerobe says:

@Mountney

“keith i come from a very traditional martial arts background…”

Yeah Mountney, I can totally tell your such an honorable traditional martial artist when you spaz out on here like a caveman and start telling people to come talk shit to you to your face and how you will kick their ass. Real traditional martial artist dood. And by the way, whats new with Wardog, all of us on Top MMA News are DIEING to know about Wardog updates lol lol lol

26. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Jerobe…yes i get angry with guys like yourself …being an ass for no aparent reaso than just being an ass…when it comes to the martial arts and martial artists…ive have the utmost respect for their dedication…their art…and the hardwork that they put into it….when ive gotten angry on here …ive have also come back and apologized for my actions…but not once in my 32yrs in the various martial arts have shown any disrespect to anyone i have fought anyone i have trained with anyo e i have taught or coached….so you can make all the insults you want and you can say whatever you will …it is a public forum…that being said…all ive ever seen on here from you Jerobe is negativity….you .ust not lead a very enriched or happy life…that you need to publicly insult someone from behind a computer screen to make yourself feel better

27. Shane BTP Mountney says:

But in replying to your bs again the opinions are takin away from tbe post…i was just conveying my opinion on the fights sat. Night…right or wrong…its my opinion…and just like yourself am allowed to have one…sry for going off topic

28. Jamie Locke says:

Haters… Make… BTP… Famous…