Canadian Rumour Mill – December 3

Well it’s now officially the Holiday Season, but I sure don’t get that warm and fuzzy feeling when I come to Top MMA News. Boy oh Boy, there are some angry and vile remarks going back and forth recently.

Time to take a chill pill guys or else Santa will only be “gifting” you lumps of coal.

• Mitch Fryia improved to 2-2 defeating Kelly True by 1st round submission at Rumble on the Border in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan this weekend. Two amateur fighters from Steel City MMA also competed on the card – Owen Martin (win) & Josh Deluco (loss).
  • On the same card, Ho Shin Sool Martial Arts fighters went two for three – Trevor Dowhaniuk took a loss, while Dalton Macfarlane and Nick Naccarato won.    Other Canadians who were victorious were David Firlotte and Kyle Custer-Jones.   All in all, a very successful night for Canadians defending our Border! :)
  • Alex Halkias improved to 3-0 defeating Zhang Huipeng, while Albert Cheng fell to 2-2 losing to Kleber Koike at Real Fight Championship 1 at a 65kg bout in Zhengzhou, China.
  • Mike Kent is fighting for the Middleweight Title at ECC 15 on February 16.
  • After breaking his arm ground and pounding Tony Hervey, Jorge Britto has had his surgery and had his first BJJ training session last week. Jorge is already looking to get back into the cage.  Hopefully he gets another chance to pound out Hervey!
  • Promising Middleweight fighter KB Bhullar has signed on with Aggression Fighting Championship for three more fights.
  • Krzysztof Soszynski is moving to Torrance, California to be the coach of the new UFC gym there.
  • Congrats to David Lea and Team Toshido who will be moving to a new training facility. The new facility will be just under 6,000 sq/ft and have over three times the mat space of their old place and will include an octagon. Looks like it’s going well for them.
  • Mike Ricci will take on Neil Magny in the semis of TUF after defeating Mike Hill via unanimous decision.
  • Luke Harris is looking to sharpen up his skills for his upcoming February MFC fight with some training at Tristar MMA.

__________________
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

30 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – December 3 ”

1. Oilcity30 says:

Maybe it’s better mike don’t fight Luke would probably hurt him bad!!

2. Oilcity30 says:

I mean Luke would hurt him!

3. Northern MMA says:

Britto didnt pound Hervey, remember his post fight interview “That is my plan against BJJ guys,, let them tire out and and beat them in the 3rd”
    Easy Homer Simpson!

yea I remember that, I thought it was hillarious… basically said I plan on losing against BJJ guys, then I come back.
    HAHAHAHA yea right buddy!

Congrats to Mitch Fryia!
    He’s a good fighter and I had the pleasure of meeting him at Prestige in Ft. Mac. , real good dude!

6. Mitch says:

Thanks Bobby!

7. I read the Chase Degenhardt excerpt. That was an enjoyable read. I hope he keeps up with that.

8. E-town MMA says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 12 Thumb down 25

9. Gossip Queen says:

“Black Friday shopping madness! I bought a new TV, what kind of deals did you guys buy?

Aggression FC’s “Make me a Fighter” TV auditions were last Saturday, I wonder if any hotties got picked for the show?”

Mentioned in first paragraph of my last week’s column!

Feel free to email me any other insider info you have as you must be hooked up with this show in some way. My email addy is at the bottom of every column.

By the way, did you notice that KB Bhullar signed a three fight deal with AFC in this week’s column? Or does that not count as AFC ?

10. Donald Duck says:

WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP IGNORING AGGRESSION!!!

FOR F**KS SAKE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Donnie

11. Chief says:

Agree with E Town and Donnie^^^

It is quite obvious who their favs are, and I do agree there is a lack of reporting on AFC, even if their news is boring, mundane and Irrelevant, it is still news.

12. AMLEHTC says:

Maybe AFC should have more than 6 fights on a card.

TMN I think does a lot of reporting on AFC, E-Town MMA is just mad cause they won’t report on Kamikaze Punishment’s gym

13. E-town MMA says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 17

14. KP Crew says:

We got nothing but love.

No drama no issues.

Thanks

15. @E-town MMA…

Going to have to disagree with you here. No doubt in my mind that there is more AFC coverage on here than MFC simply due to the number of shows and number of Canadian fighters on the AFC cards.

Thanks for commenting though. Good to know someone is trying to keep us honest.

16. Eric says:

You guys do a great job. I coach at Tristar, and last year I went to Fort-McMurray with one of my young prospects, David Lafond. Sandy Bowman runs a great show up there. But I was surprised to meet Keith and Bobby there covering the event and giving media exposure to these young guns. Anyone who travels to these events to give us the coverage is good in my book. There is way too much drama in Edmonton. I know Keith, and his integrity is impeccable. This being said, he is open to critism. I just thing you guys should do it in a more constructive way. It’s a small world, don’t hate on the people helping grow the sport. This is my opinion.
    Eric O’Keefe, Tristar

17. joe doe says:

Brandt is pretty tall, like 6’2 or 6’3 isn’t he? He might just wanna take some extra “supplements” and some more food and just grow in WW. Unless you want to be the next Corey Hill

18. Thanks for your comments, Eric. Much appreciated! It is always great to head out to shows and meet people like yourself and talk MMA.

19. Shane BTP Mountney says:

This is a little off topic guys but need some serious help if someone has info…i have a 6’6″ 408lb monster looking to make his amatuer mma debut…yet we cant find a league that has a superheavyweight division …if anyone can help with this it would be much apprectiated

20. AMLEHTC says:

WARDONG!!

21. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Its getting to the point on here where cant even ask a simple valid question…brutal

22. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 15

23. Oilcity30 says:

408 pounds lol ya that will be easy fight to find lmfao!!!

24. @Shane BTP Mountney…. I don’t believe that Quebec has an upper limit on Heavyweight. It is 206+ lbs.

25. Eric says:

@Shane. It’s not going to be easy, especially at the amateur level. I will ask around. I will tell you that even if he has limited experience, Japan loves BIG fighters, and if you get proper representation for your guy, they might throw some low levels his way and build him up. He could actually make some coin doing what he likes, and isn’t that the point in the end, live doing what you love. Food for thaught.

26. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Thanx Eric….Keith ive tried with a cpl of the quebec amatuer leagues and they wont touch it

27. Woodrow says:

I def got a spot for him in michigan!!! Call me next week

28. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Thanx woodrow new phone lost your number…i inboxed you my new one

29. McInnes says:

I’ll fight the 400 lbs’er

30. Shar 1 says:

Shane BTP Mountney after your boi gets a few fights… I’m sure Quebec’s LT would be up for a new opponent. Wait I just check, Lenard Terrance is only 279? WTF? Wow. yeh, he’ll be a difficult fighter to get a match.