Canadian Rumour Mill – November 26
Black Friday shopping madness! I bought a new TV, what kind of deals did you guys buy?
Aggression FC’s “Make me a Fighter” TV auditions were last Saturday, I wonder if any hotties got picked for the show?
- Most people thought Tim Hague’s retirement would be short lived, well it looks like they were correct as Tim Hague could be returning to MMA. “The Trashing Machine” is in a pretty humorous twitter battle with James “The Colossus” Thompson and the two of them seem to be headed towards a Heavyweight clash in the MFC.
- If Tim Hague and James Thompson do have a showdown, it will surely be in Tim Hague’s upcoming autobiography. Hague is currently writing the book and it should be an interesting read.
- In a lot of sports, you get quite a few offspring of professionals making the big leagues. Brett Hull, Dale Earnhardt Jr, and Peyton Manning are just a few. Could British Columbia’s Lance Gibson Jr. become a 2nd generation UFCer? His father, of course, is Lance Gibson and went 1-1 in the UFC and Junior won his first amateur MMA fight this fall. Gibson Sr.’s fiance is Julia Budd. With the UFC introducing females to the roster in 2013, maybe we will see three Gibsons with UFC experience before all is said and done.
- Rising MW prospect Micah Brakefield is scheduled to be on the Feb 16 BFL card in Penticton. Despite calling out the Riot Maker, do not expect him to tangle with Matt Baker on this card.
- Sad news this week with the retirement of Nick “The Ninja of Love” Denis. I’m sure he’ll keep it sexy and succeed in his future endeavours. Thanks for the good memories Nick! And I do have to say, remember you heard about Denis considering his unfortunate retirement on the Canadian Rumour Mill first!
- Charmaine Tweet defeated Puja Kadian by Guillotine Choke) in less than a minute at Super Fight League in India.
- Philip Deschambeault will have his hand’s full at SLAMM1 as he is facing BJJ black belt Ryan Hall this week.
- Former top 10 Featherweight Brad Duguay has been talking about a return to the cage in early 2013.
- Is “The Finisher” finished? After initially not making weight and then being forced out of his AFC 14 bout due to medical reason just minutes prior to him hitting the cage, the Edmonton Commission has decided to place Victor Valimaki on indefinite suspension. Now “indefinite” could mean a week, a month, or forever, but I’d like to see Valimaki stop battling with weight cuts and just stay at Heavyweight.
- Speaking of Valimaki, his forced withdrawal from his fight with Razak Al-Hassan automatically pushed Al-Hassan into the Aggression FC Light Heavyweight title fight vs Tim Chemelli on March 23rd in Edmonton. Chemelli earned his spot by knocking out previously undefeated Mike Kent.
- Although Mike Kent lost his undefeated record at AFC 14, he didn’t lose his unofficial worst tattoo in Canadian MMA title. What is that thing? (http://topmmanews.com/wp-content/gallery/afc-14-tim-chemelli-vs-mike-kent/chemelli-vs-kent-0007.jpg)
- AND another amateur MMA fight in Edmonton on a show run under the guidance and supervision of the ECSC, so is amateur MMA sanctioned in Edmonton? I’m confused, Pat Reid, do you care to enlighten us?
- Prestige FC will hold their next event in May and just may have a one night only special attraction for MMA fans. Rumour has it the much beloved “D-Bomb” Dwayne Lewis will return to the cage for one fight in front of his hometown fans. Aron Lofton or Ray Penny?
- The Chairman of the Ring, Keith Crawford was released from his Score Fighting Series position. Crawford will work the first Havoc show on December 14.
- Are the Fryia brothers becoming the Canadian MMA version of the NHL’s Sutter brothers? We know about Brent and Mitch, but now there’s Josh. Josh Fryia will make his MMA debut when he competes at “SSFL: December to Remember” in Mount Pleasant Michigan on December 8th. Josh has moved into MMA after a successful high school wrestling career. The oldest Fryia MMA brother, SCMMA head coach and owner Brent Fryia will also step back into MMA arena on January 25, when he travels to Calgary, Alberta to compete at Hard Knocks 30.
- Four MMA fighters will appear on KO Boxing: Sudden Impact in Edmonton on December 7. Nick Dragich will be taking on Jared Kilkenny, Layne McTaggert will make his pro boxing debut against Steve MacGillivray, and Matt Jelly will be making his pro boxing debut versus Max Gagne.
- Yan Pellerin will return to combat sports as he makes his boxing debut against Jean Bernard Gagnon on Ali Nestor’s boxing card on December 8th.
- Elite 1 champ Richard Arsenault won his boxing debut on the weekend in Moncton.
- Caleb Grummet will take on Clay Davidson in the main event of Pure in Red Deer on December 7th.
- Anyone try out for that Bellator reality show? I have not heard from any Canadian fighter that may have tried out. Let me know!
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.