The Real Deal Returns Home to Take on Tyler Jackson at AFC 14

The Rumor Queen strikes again, you heard it on Top MMA News first. Rumor Queen told us all last week that if Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford came out of his Bellator bout this past weekend against Kyle Baker without any significant damage that he would face Tyler Jackson at Aggression FC 14 in Edmonton. Well fast forward a week and it has been confirmed that despite a hard fought decision victory over Baker, Ford was able to avoid a lengthy suspension and will in fact make his return to the Aggression cage on November 23 just two weeks removed from his war at Bellator 79.

Ford took only his second decision victory with a win over a very durable opponent in Kyle Baker at Bellator 79 in Rama, Ontario this past Friday. In the post fight interview Ford stated “I’m telling you, all my fights, all the guys that I’ve fought, this guy is the toughest dude that I’ve fought so far in my whole career” Ford continued, “Hats off to him, that guy would just not go down.” The victory was Ford’s third straight finishing Luis Santos and Ricky Goodall by strikes following an upset loss to David Hulett.

Tyler “TNT” Jackson hasn’t fought since November of 2010 when fell to Alex Garcia by Rear Naked Choke at Ringside MMA 9. Jackson has only one win in his last five fights with his only victory in that stretch coming over Derek Gauthier. Jackson may not have the most impressive record but he has fought some of the toughest fighters Canada has to offer including Sam Stout, Martin Grandmont and Nathan Gunn just to name a few.

22 Responses to “ The Real Deal Returns Home to Take on Tyler Jackson at AFC 14 ”

1. Donald Duck says:

Yaw jaw breaking yawn actually nnnn

This fight is pointless.

2. Oilcity30 says:

Big Risk, Big Payday I Bet!!

I really like this fight.

4. fightfanmma says:

Atleast Ford takes risks that is what you call a REAL Fighter. Coming off 2 big wins in Bellator a good 3 round fight then takes a fight 2 1/2 weeks later! Dude is a Beast.

Tyler is no push over and will come to fight sure it will be exciting but then again when is a Ford fight not!! Pretty sure Ford will be making a large some of cash to go with it.

Dont hate on this guy he brings it everytime he gets in the cage and Im excited he is fighting back home so we can see it Live!!

Ford takes it by KO/TKO

5. I'll Say It says:

@fightfanmma atleast Ford takes risks, Jackson is decent but come on he’s a 155lbs ford is bigger stronger and just better all around, Jackson has a punchers chance that’s about it.

I wish Ford the best and he leaves it in the cage but when was the last time he was in a fight when you really didn’t know who was going to win?

…when was the last time he was in a fight when you really didn’t know who was going to win?

Luis Santos and Karo Parisyan come to mind, and he almost lost both of those!

7. I'll Say It says:

Luis Santos another 155 who stepped up to 170 and Karo a guy who is mentally just not in it anymore,

So Cody your saying when these fights were announced you weren’t sure who would win? Come on there was no doubt Ford would win

8. fightfanmma says:

Lol Luis Santos a 155er are you stupid and blind hes never fought a 155 the guy was way bigger then Ford when they fought.

Ford is a beast and will fight anyone thats the point. Its funny how people get on Ford when he fights but never any of these other top guys that are fighting.

Lima and his last opponent
    Daley his last 4 opponents
    Ben Saunders Last opponent

And the list goes on.

9. Darren Owen says:

How is TNT a 155er? This is MMA anything can happen. You should go rewatch Ford vs Hullett. I think the general consensus is that the city of Edmonton and MMA fans are happy to have this fight on the card. The alternative is that it’s not.

10. Demitri (trev) says:

Add ford to any card is excellent. Great job guys! This is the best card I have ever seen come out of Edmonton by a long shot

11. I'll Say It says:

Am I stupid why don’t you get off Fords nut for a minute a d look at Santos he fights 155

Everybody gets their panties in a bunch whe. Somebody says something about Fords fight. I didn’t put him down as a fighter just stating facts did Lima and sunders just fight and didn’t Lima just fight for the title

Yes fans of Edmonton get excited that’s fine bit every fight they talk like he’s fighting GSP I wish him luck and again I’m a big fan of AFC but some people need to stop over hyping a fight,

They are getting worse then btp about the wardog

12. fightfanmma says:

Yeah I think you are stupid

This guy couldn’t make 155 if he cut his leg off!

Yeah Lima same card as Ford look who he fought and Ben a few fights before Daley look at the last 4 he fought not to mention his fight with Rudy Bears lol

13. fightfanmma says:

Check Luis Sapo Santos on sherdog and you will call yourself stupid once agan

14. This is MMA and anything can happen as shown by Hulett.

However, Jackson has won one of his last five fights since mid-2007 and I expect the result of this fight to be similar to Garcia vs Jackson and Bellator will breathe a sigh of relief with Ford’s first round win.

15. Oilcity30 says:

You guys are all F@@ked why wouldn’t he take that fight for the $$ offered are all retarded you think he had any day in opponent. Get a life and use for f@@kin brains f@@k most if u are stupid as f@@k.

16. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Why am I gettin mentioned in this post…god I haven’t said a word about Craig in almost 6 mths….you guys are fucked…anyways…Ford fighting in his hometown is a no brainier for any promotion…no matter who he fights…good job AFC!!!

17. Oilcity30 says:

Where did you see your name, but the rest of your post well said!

18. I'll Say It says:

Keep on saying what you want sapo wants to fight at 155 ask him so maybe check ur facts.

And for the last time read my post that started the thread of course Ford will take the fight easy money and that’s what I said just don’t over hype this fight like it’s the biggest fight of the year like a few are doing.

It’s funny how people will read things then switch it around by the end of a post and start tondefend guys, I didn’t put Ford down I like watching Ford fight and wish him the best and the AFC, The only thing I have ever said is AFC gives very very winable fights for Ford on a different post. Davis, Goodall and Jackson

19. I'll Say It says:

And Keith your right on the money with your post

20. fightfanmma says:

Lol he wants to you must be thinking of the other Luis Santos, Not SAPO I was live at Ford vs Santos and there is no no way the guy will make 155 let alone want to fight there.

21. fightfanmma says:

All 58+ fights he has had not 1 at 155 so get your stats straight 170 & 185

22. TheRealDealMeal says:

This fight is a joke just like the AFC and just like the Edmonton Commission for letting it happen.