Aggression FC 13 Results – Mazany vs Alessio Ends in No Contest

Aggression Fighting Championship is holding their 13th show and this time they are in Victoria, British Columbia.

If you are not in the crowd, you can watch the internet stream HERE.

Top MMA News Awards:

• Fight of the Night: Myles Merola vs Tristan Connelly
  • Submission of the Night: David Perron for his mounted guillotine
  • Knockout of the Night: Louis Fisette for his quick KO

Here are the results:
John Alessio vs Dave Mazany ends in No Contest in Round 1
***Mazany accidentally eye pokes Alessio

Kendall Grove defeats Ariel Gandulla by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2, 4:45
Louis Fisette defeats Diego Wilson by KO in Round 1, 0:37
Dave Perron submits Dan MacIver by Mounted Guillotine in Round 1, 2:07
Ryan Janes defeats Keto Allen by Unanimous Decision (30-27×2, 29-28)
Myles Merola defeats Tristan Connelly by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
Miles Anstead defeats Bill Fraser by Unanimous Decision (29-27 x 3)
*** Anstead loses point for head butt in second round.

Amateur Fights
Alexi Argyriou submits Andy Jack by Guillotine Choke in Round 2, 1:19
Dillon Brown submits Johnny Twofeather by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 2:08
Guy Gauthier defeats Steven Best by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)

Pro Fights:
160lbs- John Alessio (34-16) vs. Dave Mazany (10-4)
185lbs-

86 Responses to “ Aggression FC 13 Results – Mazany vs Alessio Ends in No Contest ”

1. Marv says:

U gonna take this davis

2. Marv says:

You gonna take this Davis?

3. Gunner says:

I got Davis winning that fight Cody

4. Idolmaker says:

Tyler in a walk. But a double ko would work for me.

5. Tyler Davis says:

cody gotta say i like that fight lol

6. I jokingly asked mike at an after party if he would ever fight his bro. At first mike said no and then he found me later and asked how much we would pay. I laughed it off as mike had a few pops. Thought it was funny

7. Dean Panas says:

It was great to meet you too Jamie. I am sorry i was rushed but with flights beng delayed from Calgary I didn’t get to the venue as early as I wanted to. I was hoping to meet up with David as well but I didn’t have time before the card started. It was kind of funny the way we officially met.

This is my first time in Victoria and I have to say what a BEAUTIFUL place!! I am glad my girlfriend decided to come and we booked a couple extra days in town. My folks also came over and were treated extremely well by Darren, Jason, Moin, Phil, Troy and Steve!

If you are every in Victoria and need a place to stay check out Trutch Manor B&B. You won’t be disappointed! http://www.trutchmanor.com/

8. tyler davis says:

Mike has a grappling advantage, I got a little size on him plus a little strength. Striking is a toss up most days, lol I have no doubts we would scrap if the pay was good……he has been known to smash my hotwheels when we were younger lol

9. wallace says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 6 Thumb down 16

10. tyler davis says:

Second thought mike probly subs me second round.

11. Louis Fisette says:

Yea open weight classes… Very logical! Fuck can’t you guys do an IQ test before letting some of these ppl post??

12. Beefstorm says:

@wallace I am injured and will never fight in the cage again. To fight fisette would be fun but these kids are to much for an aging beef. I will say if you wanna get down (dance off)? I will sign up on “dancing with the pussies” or what ever show you star in!!! AFC was good sad about the last fight but after 50 plus fight percentages say it(nc) has to happen…

13. Marv says:

@wallace- open weight classes really?! Idiots like you is the reason the sport of MMA is still viewed by some people as barbaric and tasteless. Give your head a shake..loser

14. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

If we required IQ tests, most people involved with MMA wouldn’t be able to post then.

15. Donald Duck says:

I’d still be able to post…. ;-)

1. Open weight classes = Great idea. If the fight gets slow or boring we could throw in weapons. Hell we could have the crowd vote on what weapon would get thrown into the cage.

2. Tyler vs Mike – I know in the past I once said I’d watch two monkeys with dull butter knives fight over a banana in a parking lot but…. well Mike kind of looks like a monkey.

3. I remember seeing Myles hit and submit a guy with a flying triangle in a grappling tournament. I asked why he was sandbagging in the beginner division when I was told it was his first or second tournament ever.

4. How bad was the eye poke to require a fight stoppage? Is John okay?

Donnie

16. Darren Owen says:

Alessio has an indefinite suspension. He must be cleared by a doctor before competiting. The injury he suffered to his eye could heal in a few days. He was able to take his bandage/pirate eye patch of last night so he should have a better idea today. He does want to fight Southern on the 23rd and he’s seeing a doctor today so as soon as we have more information we will let everyone know.

17. Donald Duck says:

23rd of November?

18. Marv says:

It really is too bad about the no contests between hordecki and cardinal, and alessio and mazany and also the DQ between wilson and davis those were 3 fights I was very interested in what the result would be. But just like any other sport sometimes things like that happen, I wish all the fighters injured a speedy recovery and a strong return

Darren, is Mazany an option if Alessio can’t go and also did Grove come out of the bout without any damage? Will he still be in Edmonton?

20. Darren Owen says:

Mazany is an option for Southern if Alessio can’t go. Kendall did receive some damage, not sure of the severity yet, we should know more within a day or 2.

21. tyler davis says:

Donald who wouldn’t watch monkey knife fights?

22. i liked ufcs 1-3 after that it got boring as rules were adopted to appease the politically correct crowd which sadly most of todays “fighters” seem to belong/subscribe to… violence is violence

i see nothing wrong with occassional open weight class bouts with larger cash payouts to the smaller fighters to bring some excitement back…
    weopons would be great too

and yes i have a problem with “coaches” and trainers that cant hold their own sparring/rolling with their own students….ie AB

and amateur fighters who spend more time planning out their celebration antics and watching ultimate fighter reality bs than actually training…

23. Donald Duck says:

Hey Chief,

Welcome to the interwebs. I’m going to assume you’re new here and for that reason alone adopt a patient and detailed demeanour and address your points as you raised them. If I could preface my answers though I’d like to say you’re all over the map with your logic.

1. The rules where not adopted to appease the politically correct crowd. The point of ‘who’s martial art reins supreme’ was past it’s due date and since everyone was basically training some similar variant of the same style. The rules were a reflection of the growth of MMA as a sport and a movement away from an advertising campaign.

Also, and you’ll find I’m a bit of a stickler for details, the UFC basically ran ‘no rules’ up till UFC 12.

2. Open weight is a danger to the fighters plain and simple. While everyone talks about the good old days what they tend to leave out is that everyone fighting the little Royce was basically bringing a stick to a nuclear war. BJJ at the time trumped just about everything out there. Keep in mind the family’s original pick was Rickson but he was deemed “too scary” to be a convincing marketing tool.

Now with even skills acumen an open weight fight is just careless and dangerous.

I hope you’re joking about the weapons but if you aren’t perhaps a good dose of Dog Brothers would cure you’re need for armed combat. I will say that I’m a massive fan of the Brothers and would train with them if there was an affiliate close enough but they are not MMA.

3. I will be a happy happy coach when my students can kick my ass. If you don’t see the wisdom in that then I can’t help you, sharpened whit and all.

4. This I agree with. All fighters need to woodshop and get their skills honed however, and this is a gap in the current MMA environment, there are different levels and engagement for athletes. Just like hockey has a range of people from recreation up to professional there is a similar range in MMA. Our current system does not accommodate for this range and so you get someone who should be doing the equivalent of “pick up hockey” fighting someone who’s on their way to the big show.

I hope this has been informative and welcome you to respond with an equally thought out response of your own. If however your response is nothing more than keyboard mashing vitriol than I will thank you to excuse me responding.

Donnie

24. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Connelly has what 3-4 FOTN in the AFC!

25. donnie,

thanks for the intelligent and thoughtful post

no i dont think the dogbrothers really fit the bill either

for a cowardly troll i keep in fairly decent shape hence some of my deragatory comments towards some

thnx–

26. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Those who had a good stream, how was the commentary?

27. Donald Duck says:

Dear Chief,

Word to the wise, when one man tells another man that he stays in shape and posts a YouTube video I ain’t clicking on it for all the KY in the world.

Donnie

28. DD,
    well, you mentioned your ability to keep your young students in line which could have gay connatations as well so i guess were even…

dont be so afraid its only the internet

all the best

29. Donald Duck says:

Dude I see links like that and I instantly think:

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y-RxUYzBOc&version=3&hl=en_US%5D

No offense meant, you seem like a nice enough guy..

Donnie

30. Marv says:

Wow!!! donnie, You are a nice person!! You politely disarmed Wallace………Well anyway my retort is gonna be a little different, Wallace you ignorant, uneducated boor if you are suggesting we open up the weight classes, use weapons and go back to the way it was at UFC 1 then you can hook me up with the glue you huff alright? Did you think even once about fighter safety?!?! Oh right you don’t care as long as you see someone get knocked out or bleed right?! if you wanna watch that kinda bullshit go to the fuckin bar and run your mouth and watch your buddies step in and get stomped.. If you go to the right bar you might even be able to find your hero.. Tank Abbott

31. well put DD…thnx

very eloquently put marvin i am in awe of your obvious education and Tank Abbott/internet trash talk references.

ill mind my keyboard antics in company of enlightened individuals such as yourself who refuse to progress and advance and frown upon any outlook other than their small minded own…

keep worshipping Gracie and ignoring the obvious

32. Marv says:

I never said one thing about a Gracie at all Wallace, because I am a fan of MMA which stands for mixed martial arts in case you didn’t know, which means I am a fan of everything such as Muay Thai, BJJ, boxing, different types of karate, judo and my personal favourite… Catch wrestling, if I want to see these things put together by athletes who practice day in and day out ill watch an MMA card, if I want to see two drunk losers swing for the fences at each other over an ugly girl ill go to the bar.. See ya there man

33. Donald Duck says:

Maybe TMN needs a “Donnie’s Mail Bag” section?

Donnie

34. Marv says:

Hahahahahaha agreed

35. Marv says:

It could be called “Donnie’s quack sack”