Pure Fighting Championships 10 – Red Deer – December 7

Date: December 7, 2012
Venue Westerner Park in Red Deer, Alberta
TV:
Tickets:

Pro Fights:
185lbs- Clay Davidson (6-3) vs. Caleb Grummett (5-4)
145lbs- Tyler Davis (8-2) vs. Mark Maruzs (3-4)
155lbs- Peter Neufeld (5-3) vs Chris Heatherly (4-0)
135lbs- Ryan Brigham (5-4) vs. Michael Imperato (4-1)
145lbs- Tim Tamaki (15-26) vs. Steve Dittrich (1-1)
180lbs- Marcus Hicks (12-21) vs. Brandon MacArthur (7-23)

Amateur Fights:
170lbs- Jayson Pyper (1-0) vs. Kellen Falt (0-0)
135lbs- Austin Ryan (1-0) vs. Jason Diep (0-0)

74 Responses to “ Pure Fighting Championships 10 – Red Deer – December 7 ”

1. Tyler Davis says:

Tba……so we meet again.

2. showtying says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 20

3. Marv says:

Prediction Tyler Davis by hard fought split decision over the always tough TBA

4. tyler davis says:

I know that dude has cardio issues I Hope I can take him with 2 round tko

5. Marv says:

Very true he seems to back out of a lot of fights too

UPDATE: Added Ryan Brigham

7. tyler davis says:

58th and 58th repping it……only if my neighbors posted on here

8. cavemanbully says:

whos the contact for this card?

9. Frenchy says:

Well TBA backed out and now Mark Maruzs just stepped in to save the TBA fight… Contract is signed in case some people are thinking of giving me shit !!! LMFFAO

@cavemanbully… I believe you can contact George Belanger for this card, I’ve heard he’s handling the matchmaking!

11. Frenchy says:

Maruzs is at 145lbs in case someone is wondering and trying to figure out who it is against ;-) hahaha!!

12. wuzjustsayin says:

Would this be Marks debut @ 145?

UPDATE: Added Clay Davidson vs. Jake Collier, Tyler Davis vs. Mark Maruzs, Peter Neufeld vs. Chris Heatherly, Ryan Brigham vs. Michael Imperato and Tim Tamaki vs. Steve Dittrich

14. Frenchy says:

Yepper!! First time at 145!! it will be fight of the night again as always with my boy Maruzs especially vs talented T. Davis … Awesome fight!!! Watch Maruzs make his way up the 145 division :-)

15. wuzjustsayin says:

Going to be a tough fight for Tyler for sure.

Strange that Tyler doesn’t stick to 135 at this point in his career.

16. tyler davis says:

I enjoy not having to cut as much, and im undefeated at 145. I’ve seen mark fight before and he comes to fight!. I am expecting to go in a little with a little size and strength disadvantage but intend to use my speed. Should be a fun fight for the fans

17. tyler davis says:

Bored at work could use some hating to make the time pass. Just sayin` where are you buddy?

18. Louis Fisette says:

I thumbs down your post cuz im like every other hater on the website lol. I hate just cuz i can… If i get hated for no reason, so can you. And let the thumbs downs begin…

19. Jerobe says:

Cant nobody stop The Show! Cant nobody! Showtime baby!

20. Louis Fisette says:

ten minutes and only one thumbs down? common now step up your hate ppl.

21. tyler davis says:

I thumbs up that one……IM just not into the hate lol

22. Louis Fisette says:

Now were even.

23. Just Sayin' says:

Awwwww, Tyler called me ‘Buddy’…. Sorry I haven’t been hatin’ lately, I’m trying to be a better person…Okay, I’ll say this about this card. I am reminded of an old Sesame Street diddy and it goes something like this: Ohhhh,two of these fights is not like the others, two of these fights just aren’t the same. Can you tell which two just doesn’t belong? Can you tell me by the time I finish this song?

24. tyler davis says:

sorry man just got off work now and my phone died, but thanks for trying…..i knew i could count on you

25. tyler davis says:

danm i bet that could have killed some time too oh well theres always next time

UPDATE: Added Marcus Hicks vs. Brandon MacArthur

Some great fights here.

I really like Marcus vs Brandon too, good match up.

UPDATE: Added Kellen Falt vs. Jayson Pyper and Austin Ryan vs. Jason Diep

29. Mike Davis says:

Hicks vs macarthur is a sick fight !

30. Come on, really says:

What is this centural Alberta bum fights?
    Come on really.

31. Donald Duck says:

Hold on I just snorted coffee out my bill from laughing at Come On’s comment.

McArthur has two loss streaks on his resume in excess of 5 fights. Hell his two longest loss streaks combine for more than some fighters in the UFC have total wins. Brandon stopped being relevant in MMA when he assumed the position of ‘target dummy’ for guys like Harris and Tubby Time.

Back in ’08 a number of people gave Marcus some major props for giving Farmer the fight of his life. This somewhat made up for the sideshow that he’d made of his career up to that point (including accidentally breaking his hand before the Valimacki fight) but since then things have returned to standards. He quickly went on an 8 fight slide and while the loses where to some quality opponents he quickly showed he had no business fighting at that level.

Do these two belong in the ring? Probably not, but neither is really a threat to the anyone else and if the commission clears them (which they probably shouldn’t) and a promoter wants to hire them (I wouldn’t pay to see either fight) then apparently that’s all it takes to get in the ring these days.

Donnie

32. Brandon MacArthur says:

oh donnie , are u being silly again ?!

33. booboo says:

REGARDLESS OF THEIR PAST IN THE CAGE AND WHAT EVERYONE THINKS , ITS ABOUT TIME BOTH FIGHTERS FIGHT SIMILIAR CALIBER RECORD TYPE FIGHTS. BOTH ARE EXCITING TO SEE FIGHT NOW ( MATURITY IS A BITCH )AND ARE COMING OFF WINS , LET THE WINNER ENJOY THEIR WINNING STREAK AND QUIT BASHING B MAC CAUSE OF HIS RECORD . HE FIGHTS ANYONE AT ANYTIME AND IF IT WAS NT FOR FIGHTERS LIKE B MAC WHO DONT PULL OUT OF FIGHT OR MAKE EXCUSES FOR LOSSES AND IS A TRUE FIGHER, MMA WOULD NT BE AS EXCITING. WE NEED FIGHTERS LIKE HIM REGARDLESS OF HIS RECORD WHO GO IN THERE AND FIGHT AND SHOW HEART! THERE ARE A FEW FIGHTERS IN CANADA WITH SHITTY RECORDS BUT EXCITING AS HELL TO WATCH FIGHT. ( ELMER ,B MAC ,HICKS ( SINCE HE GOT REAL WITH MMA )ROBIN BLACK ETC ETC ETC THESE GUYS LOVE TO FIGHT JUST CAUSE THEIR NOT THE TOP FIGHTERS IN THE SPORT DOES NT MEAN THEY CANT PRODUCE A GREAT FIGHT ! HICK VS B MAC GREAT FIGHT AND THE WINNER CAN ENJOY THEIR WINNING STREAK . IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS FIGHT THEN DON T WATCH IT, I THINK IT MIGHT BE FOTN!

Hicks is fighting at 180lbs!!! He looks like he’s in great shape and seems to be taking training a lot more seriously than in the past! Looking forward to this fight, sometimes you just have to ignore the records, who cares as long as it’s an entertaing and evenly matched fight!

35. Donald Duck says:

I always try to give your posts the analysis that I give everyone else’s. I read them carefully and then think about how best to respond. If you’re not going to bother reading my post and instead just mash the keyboard like an idiot, I’m not going to waste my time or effort in replying to any of your points.

Donnie

36. booboo says:

@ THE DUCK – IF YOUR REFERRING TO ME I READ ALL YOUR POSTS JUST THINK THESE 2 FIGHTERS ARE FINALLY FIGHTING THE SAME CALIBER OPPONENT IN EACH OTHER AND THAT S WHAT MAKES A GREAT FIGHT , REGARDLESS OF RECORD THESE TWO WILL LEAVE IT ALL IN THE CAGE AND SHOULD BE AN EXCITING AFFAIR ! I WOULD PAY TOO SEE THAT FIGHT CAUSE ITS EVENLY MATCHED AND WE ARE NOT FORCOMING THE OUTCOME BEFORE THE FIGHT CAUSE OF SOMEONE S RECORD, THIS ONES A TOSS UP . WHEN HAS ANY ONE OF THESES FIGHTERS NEVER BEEN AN UNDERDOG ? NO UNDERDOG IN THIS ONE , FINALLY A FIGHT BOTH FIGHTERS ARE IN THATS EVENLY MATCHED . THATS WHAT MAKES THIS FIGHT EXCITING !

37. Kellen Falt says:

Dont like the fights on the card, dont come watch, pretty simple. There are some good fighters on this card and I bet the ammy fights will be exciting as well, at least I know myself and Austin will bring it!

38. booboo says:

I DONT GET THIS , HOW DOES A GUY WITH 2 FIGHTS FIGHT A GUY WITH 41 ? TIM VS STEVE IN MY OPINION THE COMMISION MIGHT NEED TO STEP IN AND LOOK AT THIS FIGHT EVEN THOUGH TIM TOOK A BEATING FROM BERNADEL LAST WEEK ! STEVE SEEMS VERY UNQUALIFIED TO FIGHT A GUY WITH 41 FIGHTS REGARDLESS OF HIS RECORD. FUCK HE TAKES TOUGH FUCKING FIGHTS ALSO.

39. Joe Doerksen says:

As a promoter, you want to match fights as evenly as possible. Usually that is the best way to get a good show. It is the struggle between fighters that entertains the fans. So in my opinion, Hicks vs MacArthur has the potential to be one of the most entertaining fights of the night.

I don’t quite understand why it’s at 180, though. But then, that’s really none of my business.

40. Calgary MMA says:

145lbs- Tyler Davis (8-2) vs. Mark Maruzs (3-4) is going to be war……Entertaining fight

41. Jamie Locke says:

Joe nailed it. Should be a fun night of fights.

42. Jerobe says:

Imperato is badass. Those boys from Tap Star are no joke

43. Kellen Falt says:

Not gonna lie, Im also looking forward to the Hicks vs Mac fight as well as Davis vs Mazus. Some good matchups that I think will make for some very entertaining scraps

44. thesubzero says:

War Clay Davidson!

45. tyler davis says:

Whoa one of my cat posts on here? !!!!!!

46. tyler davis says:

Just to clear things up I have two cats subzero and cyborg

47. Donald Duck says:

I have a dog called, “I’m not a sissy cat owner”.

Donnie

48. tyler davis says:

Hahahaha Meh maybe I should get a hedge hog named ” not insecure about his pets, nor judges based upon pet selection” ……cats are easy to care for. Id love to get a blue heeler dog but between work and training I have no time to care for it. Id rather be a lazy cat owner then a neglectful dog owner. But I’m sure ducks have plenty of free time.

49. Donald Duck says:

That’s the stupidest name for a pet since I named my Pomeranian “I’m not a sissy cat owner”.

Donnie