MFC 35 is going down live from the Mayfield Trade Centre in Edmonton, Alberta tonight. The main event features a Middleweight Title Fight between Joseph “Leonidas” Henle and Elvis “The King” Mutapcic. Also on the card is the debut of the Featherweight division with Graham Spencer and Shane Nelson doing battle and a Heavyweight clash between Ryan Fortin and rising rookie Smealinho Rama.

Quick Results:
Elvis Mutapcic defeats Joseph Henle by TKO (Knee Injury) in Round 3, 1:45
***Mutapcic captures MFC Middleweight Title

Graham Spencer defeats Shane Nelson by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)

Smealinho Rama submits Ryan Fortin by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 2:02

Derek Parker defeats Jared McComb by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)

Sabah Fadai submits Cody Krahn by Triangle Choke in Round 1, 1:24

Paul Grandbois defeats Jason Kuchera by TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 1:43

Daniel Swain defeats Matt Jelly by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)

Garret Nybakken submits Jesse Veltri by Armbar in Round 1, 1:24

Chase Degenhardt defeats Chad Sherman by TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 0:41

30 Responses to “ MFC 35 – Quick Results – Mutapcic Captures Middleweight Title, Spencer and Rama Get Huge Wins ”

1. Kiss - Destroyer says:

stream anyone? Dying to see this title fight and spencer.

2. Did not see that Veltri loss coming.

3. swollen knob says:

who cares.the hype is over

4. sean quinn says:

Lol…From I was sitting it looked like veltri was going for a foot lock.

5. Jamie Locke says:

Stream is good on awesome win for Rama. Makes the Hackert fight look more interesting. Mikes hands will be crisper IMO.

6. Mike’s hands will be crisper but Rama looked good on the ground. Hackert vs Rama will be a great fight. Rama is 100% better every fight I see him.

7. Marv says:

Wow Rama is for real!!!! Wonder what’s next for fortin?!

8. Jim Dugan says:

Fortin. Vs Hague

9. mike kent says:

marks hair and wardrobe is brought to you by mike Kents contract buyout

10. jared says:

OMG what is this jesse veltri guy doing with himself? he really needs a coach, and real trainer. not this 10th planet bullshit. representing 10th planet, doing his hand signs? wtf is this about?
    you cant just watch 10th planet videos off the internet and say you represent them, or is affiliated with them in anyway. 3 or 4 10th planet seminars wont cut it either. this is constructive criticism. everytime i see his name on a card i see him lose, and comments about his 10th planet crap.

join a gym, move to where there is a 10th planet gym. get belted under a high level instructor, put the hard work in for years, train with guys better than you, get smashed everyday and tapped out, sweat and bleed on the mats. then maybe you can rep 10th planet.
    you coach and teach jiu jitsu , how? if you’ve never been through the ringer

11. Jamie Locke says:

^ I agree wth Fortin vs Hague. That’s a fight that should have happened a while ago. Still makes alot of sense.

Awesome to see Graham win by domination again. It’s true the guy needs to be finishing fights, but he comes pretty close to getting subs in all his decision wins. Also, so sneaky of Pav to throw down that 155 belt BS, I thought he was establishing a 145 div, why would Graham, who is on the cusp of the UFC, want to move up a division just because there are no challengers at 155 and Pav doesn’t want to pay the bigger names at 145 to come in and establish a division. That move was low budget. I don’t get it.

Another great step for Graham, he’ll make it big fo sho!

12. jared says:

fuckin guy makes me sick and makes mma look bad. he shouldnt be licensed anymore, at least for a while.
    Train right if you want to be a fighter!!

13. Dancing Robot says:

How much was your buyout Mike, $29.99?

14. K. RASMUS says:

It was an excellent night of fights . Rama is a slick heavyweight .Elvis and Henle were seriously goin at it till the knee injury . Best of health to all the injured fighters .

15. Oilcity30 says:

Hague vs Fortin!!!

16. Louis Fisette says:

Jesse “The Viper” Veltri… Im all for being loyal to a gym. I get it, Its loyalty. I mean I consider WAMMA as my second family. But please go train at a real gym. Team Grenon isnt a REAL gym. A gym consists of guys who can push you and challenge you, NOT a bunch of nerds sitting around a laptop in some basement in brandon watching videos. Ive met a few members of that so called “gym”… All very nice guys, but common now. (INSERT 10TH PLANET GANG SIGN HERE)

17. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Jamie,

Sorry what were you saying? MFC wants Graham to move up to 155 because they won’t be bringing or finding guys at 145 for their new FW division? So confused with MFC’s direction, poor promoting and shady business model!

18. Derek Lapierre says:

Just like Derek Parker was saying, “Be a hero, stop bullying”. If Jesse wants to fight, let him fight. It’s his passion, win or lose. And also, I am not a basement nerd that sits in front of a laptop. Otherwise I wouldn’t have a silver medal, and a 2-0 record. Good day to you sir!

19. Louis Fisette says:

WELL… actually you could. Ive seen plenty of basement nerds have a 2-0 record. I dont mean to be disrespectful, I was just stating my opinion. I won a silver medal after training at WAMMA for 3 months… Just saying

20. jared says:

Good day to you too. 2-0 amateur record against WHO??? And Jesse is your coach, right??!!

Nobody here is bullying the guy, just trying to give him advice. If it’s his passion he would do what it takes to train properly and win fights. Go to a gym, train hard until you’re made part of a team. Nobody starts off as the coach. No white belts open and gym and take the title of coach.

He goes around saying he’s a member of 10th planet FFS. Open your eyes, Derek. People are going to criticize Jesse because of this.
    Just because I watch Mauy thai and muay thai technique videos over and over on the internet all day doesn’t mean I can go form a team and represent SITBPEEGHON MUAY THAI. If you can’t see the problem with that maybe you rethink what you’re doing
    Because the day you step in the cage with someone who is training properly with a team, you’re going to eat your words.

He’s just making himself look like a douche and people are going to make fun of that.

Like I said, constructive criticism not bullying.

21. Derek Lapierre says:

It’s all biased constructive critisism. And I did fight someone who trains with a real team. He was great, he put a good beating on me, and I won lol. This is all silly. Did any of you even watch the fight, or just criticize based on this forum post? Just curious

22. Louis Fisette says:

was that the fight in the pas??

23. mark says:

I watched the whole 2 minute fight, yes. And I agree with the constructive criticism because I see his name on these forums all the time, and for the same reasons!

24. Louis Fisette says:

For a jits guy losing god knows how many fight by sub within the first round… youre doing something wrong

25. AMLEHTC says:

I watched Jesse drop back for a leg lock and get of that’s what you’re asking

26. AMLEHTC says:

Get armbarred, my bad

27. Derek Lapierre says:

No it was in estevan. I didn’t fight in the pas. I won submission of the night via inverted triangle.

28. Hank Hill says:

What weight do you fight at Derek? I’m sure those would like to know, since now you won’t have a problem finding anyone willing to beat up Veltri’s student

29. Derek Lapierre says:

I fight at 145. If people want to fight me because Jesse is my coach, that’s kind of silly, but sure why not.

30. Derek Lapierre says:

I was just defending Jesse, he’s a wicked guy, he works hard and takes more shit then he deserves. But if people want to beat me up to prove that they’re better then Jesse in some sort of way, I guess that’s just how it is.