Canadian Rumour Mill – October 22

Well unfortunately we start this Rumour Mill with tragic and sad news. Long time Canadian National Judo team and BTT Canada member, Scott Edward passed away due to being involved in a car accident on the weekend. Scott was 0-1 in MMA having lost his debut fight to Todd Stoute, but was a multiple time Judo Champion (5 time National Champion, multiple time International Tournament champion). Scott Edward was just 27 years old at the time of his passing. We at Top MMA News would like to send out our deepest condolences to all of Scott Edward’s friends and family.

• Here’s a great quote from UFC Canada’s big man Tom Wright, “We’re not that far away from announcing our full 2013 schedule. I can tell you that there’s going to be at least four events in Canada. There’s going to be at least two cities that may surprise a few people when we come out with our schedule and right now we’re looking at an additional three. So a total of five events in Canada for 2013.”

Hmmm, makes me think, remember a while back I mentioned that the UFC had Rexall Place in Edmonton booked with a 2013 date…

• Also look for a possible TUF in 2013 for Canada.
  • I’m hearing Victor Valimaki has been very motivated and training hard once again for his upcoming AFC 14 bout.  His opponent is rumoured to be a UFC vet known to Canadian fight fans.
  • Eduardo (Dudu) Dantas may not defend his BW title against Marcos (Loro) Galvao at Bellator 79 due to lingering effects from being KO’d by Nam in Shooto Brazil. I’m beating a dead horse here, but I guess it doesn’t pay to have your stars/champs fight outside your organization.
  • Unified MMA may possible introduce a MW belt at their December 21st show.
  • Anyone else getting the feeling that the two Canadians, Mike Ricci and Mike Hill, will face each other in the first round? Only three fights left and they still have not fought.
  • Sorry to see a good competitor like Chad Freeman decide to retire from competing in MMA. He had some good scraps and I believe still had something left to give for one run of fights. Good luck Chad!
  • Glen Kalesniko may increase the number of his successful Caged Rage shows in Castlegar, BC to two a year.
  • Just wondering, but is the Derek Boyle vs Allan Wilson fight still on at Rage Fighting Series after Wilson getting finished at SFS this last weekend?
  • Hot rising Jason Saggo will definitely be facing a stiff test at SFS on Nov 23rd, he’ll battle it out with the always tough Iraj Hadin.
  • The Tristar/InterBox promotion we have been calling Tristar Fights has now been named SLAMM. SLAMM1 will happen Nov 30th.
  • Hey, has anyone managed to watch Aggression TV yet? Any good? I still don’t have any idea on how to watch it, a little confused. Mind you, I can’t figure out my PVR remote or how to stop the 12:00 from flashing on my VCR.
  • Look for Dimitri Waardenburg to make his return to combat sports in a boxing fight on December 8th for UGC in Montreal. Waardenburg is 0-1 as a pro boxer losing his debut by unanimous decision in April of this year. It seems that Dimitri is looking to slim down some as this fight will be at super featherweight (130lbs). Could we have a new fighter in the 125lbs mix once Waardenburg returns to MMA? Ali Nestor will also be boxing on this show (his own event).

17 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – October 22 ”

1. E-town MMA says:

AFC has a channel? Is it on Net?

Dude AFC vs MFC belt holders 2013 lol at Shaw.

MFC this weekend ya pretty boy mma back in E-towm

2. Oilcity30 says:

TUF is getting old!

3. Tyler Kaizer says:

From what I seen at the last episode of TUF it appeared that Ricci was going to fight next. It was a brief glimpse but I don’t think Hill was his opponent, we’ll have to wait and see.

4. Terrible news about Scott Edward. RIP.

5. Just Laughable says:

Hill is terrible and only on the show cause he has a stoned personna and can barely put a sentence together. Ricci would embarrass him more than he does himself

6. Tuffman says:

What weight class will the tuff show be?

7. cavemanbully says:

@ gossip queen-you need to upgrade to a DVD player would be far more useful to you i’m sure. :)

8. Alex Caporicci says:

Really saddened to hear of the passing of Scott Edward. Spoke to him for years about fighting MMA and was hoping he could fight for me in the future. I actually texted him last week to see if he’d be interested in fighting. Seemed like a real good guy who could have been a major talent in the sport. RIP

9. james says:

Hill can’t be that bad if he made it on the show, his knockout was pretty nice to get into the house.I dont know if he could beat Ricci, but he could probably take out Secor, why do you think he sucks so bad? did he fuck your gf or something

10. Ryan W. says:

3rd rumour mill in a row with no East Coast news on it. Do we really have nothing to talk about? That’s unfortunate.

11. EPerez says:

Keep that trend going

LOL Perez.

I haven’t watched TUF, have the 2 Canadians been featured much?

13. Gossip Queen says:

Sorry Ryan W.,

I have not heard much on the ECC show for a bit. Otherwise, Elite 1 has their show booked up. So no Atlantic rumours. I try.

14. James says:

R.I.P Scott, he was very good at what he did thats for sure. their isn’t to many people that could roll with him in Canada and thats for sure. he was very talented at judo and grappling, most was for the hard work he put in. no one ever had a bad thing to say about him and its a major lost to judo canada. he was someone that could have help alberta later on for sure with their judo team. i hope his family can make it through this hard time. hopefully his brother bobby carries on what his brother has left with judo. bobby keep your head.

15. mike kent says:

ryan ECC is going to be putting on a november show . Late november .

Guys like Gavin Tucker , and Mike Mallott will be fighting

16. Ryan W. says:

Sweet! Thanks Mike!

Oh, and Gossip Queen, I wasn’t complaining. I mean, HOW DARE YOU OFFER ME A FREE NEWS ARTICLE AND NOT HAVE NEWS ON EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!! Lol. That was more or less just my way of asking if anybody knew anything. I heard Goodall’s promotion is working on something, I was just curious if anyone knew anything.

Thanks guys!

Real sorry to hear about Scott Edward passing, I’d heard from many how good of a talent he was.

My condolences.