Canadian Rumour Mill – October 16
We all love commission stuff, so I’ll start this belated issue of our Rumour Mill with a question… Will Ontario be appointing a deputy or was the whole hiring process a total sham? It’s been a long time and we have not heard much of anything from the OAC.
- Want to see AFC and MFC go head to head and decide who has the superior product? It seems like Aggression and Maximum Fighting will both be holding their Edmonton shows at the Shaw Conference Centre. The same base venue will make a product comparison quite easy.
- Shane Campbell is scheduled to fight Steve Beaumont at AFC 14 in Edmonton on Nov 23rd. Well, let’s hope that fight still happens as Shaolin has a Muay Thai event that he’s fighting on in Calgary on November 3rd. Good luck Shane!
- I’m curious, what’s up with Jordan Mein’s situation in Strikeforce? Strikeforce is floundering and Jordan Mein is just sitting there without any fights. I hear possible rumours of Jordan fighting on the Score in November but what I really want is Young Gun in the UFC!!!
- Adrian Wooley is moving down to 125lbs but having trouble finding an opponent. Is anyone able to fight Adrian Wooley at 125lbs from Canada before the end of the year?
- Unified MMA’s dates for Edmonton shows in 2013 have been set. Shows will be held at the Mirage on March 29, June 21, Sept 27, with the final show being their Annual Christmas show in late December. Also look for Unified to work on holding an additional 2-3 shows outside of the safe confines of their home base at the Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, with shows possibly taking place within a general driving distance of 0.5-2hrs from Edmonton.
- Rumour has it that a certain Milkman will be looking to make a special Christmas delivery in Edmonton at Unified for Chase Maxwell.
- It’s been over a couple years since Nathan Gunn has fought in the prairies. I am hearing the Gunner may be bringing his brand of rock’em sock’em MMA back out west in December at Havoc.
- Congrats to one of Canada’s best MMA referees, Jerin Valel, on receiving his BJJ Black Belt!
- Hayabusa Martial Arts in St. Albert, Alberta will be teaming with Hunter’s Fight for a Cure Foundation of Alberta, and hold a charity event on October 20th. The charity MMA instruction and demonstration event will have all proceeds raised go towards finding a cure for a rare blood disorder called Diamond Blackfan Anemia. For more information check here: http://www.
hayabusamixedmartialarts.com/ charity-in-for-somefight?id= 790
- Will we see Robert Drysdale back in Canada anytime soon? It’s been over a year since Drysdale’s last appearance for the then Armageddon FC. Is the BJJ superstar now with Aggression FC?
- Who’s the toughest guy from Wetskawin, Alberta? Neil Doty and Merrick Duggan will battle it out at Unified MMA to crown the Town Tough Guy four days prior to Christmas. Happy Holidays, LOL!
- We could be seeing recent 10 win club member Brandt Dewsbery back in the cage in November if he could find the time in his work schedule.
- More Unified MMA stuff. It looks like Unified Boss Sunny Singh is finding himself in a tight spot, he’d promised Troy Sorensen a title shot if he defeated Merrick Duggan at Unified 11. Well Duggan won, but showed up 7lbs over weight for the 155lbs fight. Now Sorensen want’s his next fight to be vs Tim “Shady” Smith for the belt. Does he deserve the title shot? He lost but his opponent did come in 7lbs heavy…
- MFC goes Pink! The Maximum Fighting Championships are going to have pink ropes, pink tape, and more in support of the fight against breast cancer at MFC 35.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: email@example.com.