Unified MMA 13 – Weigh In Results

Unified MMA will hold another sold out show at the Mirage Banquet Hall tomorrow night. Unified’s 13 offering will feature a main event that could catapult one man into the Top Ten Bantamweight Rankings when Unified Flyweight Champion Mike Davis takes on formerly ranked Eric Wilson at a Catchweight of 130lbs. All 14 pro fighters made weight while a few of the amateurs having a tougher time. Zach Burroughs missed by 6lbs while Shadey Yellowbird was a staggering 21lbs over the Lightweight limit.  Top MMA News will have all the live results right here. Here are the weigh in results for tomorrows event:

Pro Fights:
130lbs- Mike Davis (131) vs. Eric Wilson (131)
170lbs- Rocky Biggs (170.6) vs. Spencer Jebb (170.2)
155lbs- Neil Doty (156) vs. Parwez Ghulam (154)
155lbs- Anthony Lightning (151.8) vs. Devon Neville (155.6)
185lbs- Graham Park (183.8) vs. Connor Radkie (184.4)
265lbs- Mike Cobey (253.6) vs. Tanner Boser (253.8)
125lbs- Michael Banin (124.8) vs. Reece Chapman (124.4)

Exhibition Fights:
170lbs- Dustin Greentree (170.2) vs. Dennis Werbicki (169.4)
155lbs- Nick Hrabec (154) vs. Cole Campbell (155.8)
155lbs- *Zach Burroughs (160.8) vs. Ryan O’Kurly (153)
155lbs- Abel Burroughs (154.6) vs. *Shadey Yellowbird (176)

*Overweight

36 Responses to “ Unified MMA 13 – Weigh In Results ”

1. Dylan da Chin says:

21 lbs….. Did he even try to make weight?

I wasn’t able to make it to weigh ins so I’m still waiting to hear if they’re even going to allow that fight to go forward… I can’t see it happening!

3. Roy Park says:

Wow does Yellowbird even know why he had to step on the scale? I hope he’s more prepared for tomorrow than he was for today. Actually I don’t care.

4. mike kent says:

Such a awesome name that it almost takes away from what he did !

5. ruckus780 says:

21 pounds is a little bit shadey….he must of ate a couplebirds on the weigh to the scale

6. ruckus780 says:

a couple yellow birdsthat is

It’s a real shame when a guy disrespects the promoter, the fans, his opponent and the whole sport of MMA by missing weight by more than a full weight class… Someone like that doesn’t deserve to call himself a fighter, I think being that he’s an amateur he should get a lengthy suspension since they can’t fine him but if this fight does go ahead I really hope he gets smashed hard!

8. AMLEHTC says:

They should make the fatties fight each other

155lbs- Abel Burroughs (154.6) vs. *Shadey Yellowbird (176) is this shit for real?

This fight better not happen!

Yellowbird weighed in over the WW limit, I’m pretty sure that’s technically 2 weight classes above his opponent.

I hope for the sake of everyone that this fight is not happening!

FUCK!

10. KP Crew says:

Abel will take the fight , we hope this yellowbird isn’t coming down from 200lbs or something like that cause that will be awkward.

Unfortunately Zach couldn’t make his weight but in his defense he took this with a few weeks notice and actually feels really crappy about not being able to make it either and we actually asked the commission to switch there opponents and do a catch weight to match the weights best as possible however the commission didn’t accept our offer.

But we will push forward with the hand we are dealt.

No excuses or complaints we come to fight we hope our other guys, Dustin Greentree and Devon all the best. I think a few people may be surprised on what we did with Devon as we changed his body and mind.

11. Jake - Old School says:

Absolutely shitty and disrespectful for a fighter to come in that much overweight.

Unfortunately, what I find even more shitty and disrespectful are the comments on this thread. I could give two fucks what ethnicity a fighter is, nobody deserves to see ignorant and racist remarks on a forum. There’s no place for comments like that and I urge Top MMA News to remove them. This is a professional sport and fans and athletes alike should act accordingly.

12. Idolmaker says:

Wonk wonk wonk Bradley!!!

13. Idolmaker says:

Word big jake!!!

14. burred says:

Zach tried hard to make the weight, he has learned a valuable lesson about weight control between fights. I know he wont let this happen again because he plans on fighting more often. Credit the Kamikaze Punishment crew for getting him as close as possible with the notice that he had. As for the other guy that missed weight, 21 lbs …really?… if you dont pay your dues in the gym, you will pay in the ring.

15. burred says:

Abel Burroughs is gonna rock his world!

16. BDC says:

Racist what racist remarks? I think your racist for thinking what they said was racist…

17. Idolmaker says:

So you made an excuse for zach not making weight, and criticize the other moron who didn’t??? Don’t be retarded.

What racist comments did i miss (ok don’t tell me). if youre referring to the jabs at his name, that is just busting balls IMHO. And im not trying to be shadey…

19. burred says:

Idolmaker, I said Zach tried hard to make the weight, Shadey did not. Your obvious limited comprehension is not an excuse to call anyone else retarded.

20. Idolmaker says:

Haha run with that burro… Hypocritical motherfucker cant handle the truth. Keep it up, I’ll show you how to look retarded. For someone with my limited comprehension, I’ll dance circles around you.

21. Idolmaker says:

Racial slurs toward the native fighters Harry. Pathetic as a zach Burroughs attempt to make weight.

22. burred says:

Dancing ain’t gonna solve your problems, have a nice life.

It shouldn’t be up to yellowbird’s opponent to accept the fight, it should simply be cancelled and the loser should be suspended and fined. I’m sure the opponents team accepted the fight cuz the 21lbs guy is a shitty “fighter” but that’s not the point, the point is that when someone comes in 2 weight classes above the agreed to weight, then it’s up to the governing body/promotion to tell the loser to take a hike and boot him out the door, but not before slapping him in the face with a lengthy ban and fine! But hey this is my great city of Edmonton, nothing surprises me when it goes down here!

Too bad I was not able to be there, I woulda raised some complaints, and will be looking into this when I get back to Edmonton next week!
    Edmonton MMA = dangerous for the sport at times!
    Shameful on a multitude of fronts!

24. Donald Duck says:

Um….. okay wow. I mean I’m almost lost for words here but tell you what, I’ll go ahead and try and string some together:

1. Missing weight by 21 pounds is the sign of a fucking amateur fighter from an amateur camp who clearly do not know the first thing about MMA. These guys should have been hauled off the scale and sent back to whatever backwater gym they train out of and told to never ever show their faces again.

2. Where the hell is the commission?!? I mean come on boys, pull you fingers out of your bums and recognize what is going on. Where you busy getting coffee when the weigh in happened? Where you somehow confused because you’d have needed a third person to add up the weight difference?

3. Abel, you need a new team man. Unless this guy looks like a beanbag or one of those old punching clowns you guys should have walked from this fight and demanded not just your show money but the tubby kid’s money as well. You know what, strike that. You guys should have walked period, no question. This isn’t the ‘dark days’ of MMA.

4. To Unified, wow. Nice to show some bush league shit. This isn’t your first fight card by a long shot and yet with one weigh in you manage to completely shit all over your promotion. I mean this is worse than if your cage down swung open and the floor collapsed during a fight.

Amateur amateur amateur.

Donnie is not fucking impressed people, not fucking impressed at all.

25. The Yellowbird fight was immediately pulled from the card after they weighed in.

26. KP Crew says:

Abel’s fight has been cancelled due to commission review Shadey has been deemed 21lbs over which is impossible for the commission to allow the fight to proceed. Abel did nothing wrong I wish Shadey would have told us he was heavy then we would have put on weight to meet him at 176lbs verse make weight 155lbs, the feeling Abel must have to do all this hard work and his opponent ruin it all for him is sickening to me.  Please ban this opponent for life from even watching MMA. I feel sorry for Abel’s next opponent as he will most def have some built up rage inside.

Much respect to Abel and please hang your head high as you did your job and your opponent didn’t do his.

We respect the comission and are have they enforce the rules to protect the fighters ECSC made the right decision. Let’s hope for a ban for Shadey

27. Abel Burroughs says:

What a fucking moron. I wish they would let me kick his ass anyway. I’m sorry you guys don’t get to watch me destroy the fat fuck.

28. Donald Duck says:

Thanks for the clarity Keith. While it is true that “anything can happen in Edmonton” I would have been powerfully shocked if this would have slipped through the cracks.

I retract my earlier statement about the commission dropping the ball.

Donnie

Davis and Wilson will be great.

Shameful about the 2 weight misses.

Normally, a 5 pound miss would be absolutely disgusting, embarrassing and pathetic. Especially with excuses and patting yourselves on the back for “getting as close as he did”. Dreadful stuff.

But lucky for him some other idiot missed by 6421.37 or whatever.

Nonsense.

Where’s ‘that guy’ who calls stuff bush league all the time? This time he’d actually be right.

30. Donald Duck says:

I actually used Bush League in my post.

Donnie ‘Bush Pilot’ Duck

31. Donald Duck says:

I would like to retract my earlier retractment. I have recently been informed that my initial assessment was spot on.

Donnie

32. Gunner says:

Donnie don’t do this to us ??? why the change of heart

33. Donald Duck says:

Its a retraction of a retraction. Sort of like when you hit on a fat chick, bring her back to you hotel room and then kick her out of bed as you sober up. Come on. We’ve all been there.

Donnie

34. Gunner says:

Cannot say we have , i never have kicked out of bed and rarely experience that sober up feeling

35. Kellen says:

Ill offer myself to Sunny at Unified to tech Yellowbird a lesson for missing weight by that much. At 170 tho so he will only miss weight by 6 lbs. what a disappointment to his opponent and everyone involved

Yellowbird doesn’t even deserve the opportunity to step into the cage!