Canadian Rumour Mill – September 25

(photo: Jim Beattie)

I’d like to start this week’s column of by congratulating the North Dakota State Athletic Commission for doing what many have been clamouring for and suspending unprofessional fighters who miss their contractually obligated weight by ridiculous amounts. North Dakota gave Jason Ehresman a 90 day suspension for showing up to an agreed catch weight bout of 160 +/- 1lbs, at a staggering 174lbs. Now how great would that be if Canadian commissions started adopting a more harsh and strict policy such as this. BRAVO!

• Sounds more and more like Will Romero will get a chance to avenge his loss against Tristan Johnson at Score Fighting Series in Hamilton on November 23.
  • Here’s a gripe I have… Why don”t the Canadian Commissions appoint more Canadian refs to UFC events??? Refs like Jerin Valel and Kyle Cardinal are qualified and talented enough to join Yves Lavigne reffing the upper echelon of the sport.
  • Elias Theodorou will be on the Nov 23 Score card. Also…he’s latest Canadian prospect to head to Tristar to train.
  • Winner of Rama and Fortin will be the next challenger for Mike Hackert in MFC and his undisputed #1 Canadian HW ranking.
  • Curtis Brigham is looking to fight again at the end of this year.  Looks like he is making up for lost time!
  • Look for Evolution Fighting Championship to return in late fall this year.
  • Ryan Machan will face Quinton McCottrell at Welterweight at Hard Knocks in Calgary on October 26.  Chris “Auto” Mattock will look to improve his record to 3-0 on the card.
  • WAR DOG ALERT! Craig Hudson is scheduled to be taking on Troy Talbot on October 20th in Moncton for his 2nd pro boxing bout.
  • Congrats to Thierry Quenneville on attaining his BJJ Black Belt through Gracie Barra.  Hopefully, we see him back in the cage after he beat Luke Caudillo earlier this year.

__________________
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

64 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – September 25 ”

1. Idolmaker says:

He seems like a douchebag and a half, with no reason to attack robin. What joe just posted sucks ass! Not cool joe, and I have mad respect for you!!

2. Joe Doerksen says:

I get where you’re coming from, Idolmaker. Basically I’m thinkging, fuck this piece of shit for attacking a dude out of no where, just to get attention for himself. The somment I made is probably super far from accurate, but mostly I don’t care. The guy has no place talking that way. Say you don’t like a fighter, or don’t care to watch him fight. No problem. Talk shit about a guy just for trying, I’m gonna hate your shit til I die. Fuck you and your dog, and your family. Chicken shit mother fucker, hiding behind a fake name and talkin shit about someone who actually got in there and took some punches. That dude is not and will never be a man.

3. Darren Owen says:

I’ve had the pleasure of personally meeting Robin, Joe and Louis and guess what… They are wiked awesome people! Tank your clearly a loser, you can go F yourself now. But thank you for bringing our real Canadian MMA alumi closer together in our distane for you and your dumb ass comments.

4. kyle cardinal says:

Jerin Velal has reffed in the UFC, i have yet to had that honour still plugging away after 10 years reffing..we both could use some experience at the higher level i feel like i can handle the heat ,i know Jerin’s capable. ill continue my pursuit, love doing it regardless of being in UFC or not.

5. Formerhater says:

Honest to God truth Robin Black’s response post inspired me to think different a bit about hating on people. For real. Best thing I’ve ever read on this website.
    I even bought a book about motivating yourself yesterday because of it, and I’m really enjoying it.
    Great post Robin thanks for the story it moved at least one person.

6. Idolmaker says:

I totally understand joe, you are a legend to me. You are a true pioneer in this sport I love so much. My concern is not with this asshole, but with the huge percentage of the population that is affected by such a thing. this is coming from a nameless faceless keyboard warrior, so it must not matter.

Thanks so much guys for bein good friends. Its cool to have buddies. Thanks guys.

Formerhater that’s some sweet feedback man thanks dude (I’m assuming you’re a dude) feels great to hear that stuff.

8. Idolmaker says:

You’re a good man robin, that’s plain to see. That dude just wants you to be famouser

9. Being a dickhead on here means you actually have to be funny. I am appreciative as anyone else of some good ol’ trollin’, but this is barely yawn worthy.

10. mike kent says:

lmao i will never get tired of seeing that screen name .

best part is when you click on it you get taken to a tattoo removal site hahahahah

11. Joe Doerksen says:

Grouup hug?

Tank, you can get in on this, too.

12. Tank Neal says:

hahaha yup im backkkk..joe doerkson FTW obv i cant even say anything to him hes a legend of the sport and real warrior i already said that in a previous post…and i will stop my rant about robin black aka KD lang

13. BDC says:

Hey tank go fuck urself…n thats the bottom line cause BDC said so

14. Sean Quinn says:

I gave Robin the thumbs down. Cuz that’s how i roll…