Canadian Rumour Mill – September 25
I’d like to start this week’s column of by congratulating the North Dakota State Athletic Commission for doing what many have been clamouring for and suspending unprofessional fighters who miss their contractually obligated weight by ridiculous amounts. North Dakota gave Jason Ehresman a 90 day suspension for showing up to an agreed catch weight bout of 160 +/- 1lbs, at a staggering 174lbs. Now how great would that be if Canadian commissions started adopting a more harsh and strict policy such as this. BRAVO!
- Looks like no Derek Medler on the AFC Victoria.
- Sounds more and more like Will Romero will get a chance to avenge his loss against Tristan Johnson at Score Fighting Series in Hamilton on November 23.
- Here’s a gripe I have… Why don”t the Canadian Commissions appoint more Canadian refs to UFC events??? Refs like Jerin Valel and Kyle Cardinal are qualified and talented enough to join Yves Lavigne reffing the upper echelon of the sport.
- Elias Theodorou will be on the Nov 23 Score card. Also…he’s latest Canadian prospect to head to Tristar to train.
- Kendall Grove coming to Battlefield? Sounds like it!
- Winner of Rama and Fortin will be the next challenger for Mike Hackert in MFC and his undisputed #1 Canadian HW ranking.
- Curtis Brigham is looking to fight again at the end of this year. Looks like he is making up for lost time!
- Look for Evolution Fighting Championship to return in late fall this year.
- Ryan Machan will face Quinton McCottrell at Welterweight at Hard Knocks in Calgary on October 26. Chris “Auto” Mattock will look to improve his record to 3-0 on the card.
- WAR DOG ALERT! Craig Hudson is scheduled to be taking on Troy Talbot on October 20th in Moncton for his 2nd pro boxing bout.
- Congrats to Thierry Quenneville on attaining his BJJ Black Belt through Gracie Barra. Hopefully, we see him back in the cage after he beat Luke Caudillo earlier this year.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.