UFC 152 Live Results – Johnson Wins Flyweight Title; Jones Retains

UFC 152 come live from Toronto, Ontario.  Here are the live results from the event:

Main Card: (PPV)
Jon Jones submits Vitor Belfort by Americana in Round 4, 0:54

Demetrious Johnson defeats Joseph Benavidez by Split Decision(48-47, 47-48, 49-46)
*** Johnson wins the inaugural UFC Flyweight title

Mike Bisping defeats Brian Stann by Unanimous Decision (20-28 x 3)
Matt Hamill defeats Roger Hollett by Unanimous Decision (20-28, 30-27 x 2)
Cub Swanson defeats Charles Oliveira by KO in Round 1, 2:40

Preliminary Card: (Sportsnet/FX)
Vinny Magalhaes submits Igor Pokrajac by Arm Bar in Round 1, 1:14
TJ Grant defeats Evan Dunham by Unanimous Decision (29-28,30-27,29-28)
Sean Pierson defeats Lance Benoist by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
Marcus Brimage defeats Jim Hettes by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)

Preliminary Card: (Facebook)
Seth Baczynski defeats Simeon Thoresen by KO in Round 1, 4:10
Mitch Gagnon submits Walel Watson by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 1:09
Kyle Noke defeats Charlie Brenneman by TKO (strikes) in Round 1, 0:45

30 Responses to “ UFC 152 Live Results – Johnson Wins Flyweight Title; Jones Retains ”

1. Sean McManus says:

So, lost Bell tonight and my phone is shite – however WAR GAGNON!!!!! I digress…WAR GAGNON – PIERSON, GRANT!!!!! Cheers!

CONGRATS MITCH THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL TO SEE!!!!!!

3. Awesome job by Mitch!

4. Love the ‘Let’s Go Pierson’ chant!

5. Sandman says:

Great job Pierson! You’re a warrior, way to show that tap star heart!

No quit in Pierson great great great job.

Lotsa heart and toughness, got it done!!!!

Congrats to Sean and his team.

7. Pierson’s hands looked so much better. His heart was incredible in the third. Congrats to Sean!

8. TJ Grant’s hands, leg kicks, and knees looked awesome tonight as well. I had it 29-28 Grant with Dunham getting the third.

9. Donald Duck says:

Cub is a beast I can’t believe the betting line was favouring Charles at all.

10. Idolmaker says:

Holy crap hollet looks like shit. I kinda wondered how he got the call after his last bellator fight. He won’t get a second chance.

11. Donald Duck says:

Roger should get the ‘first fight’ pass.

He’ll be back.

12. Idolmaker says:

Idk he looked pretty amateurish

13. Hollett took the fight on short notice. He will get another shot in the octagon.

14. Me says:

Hollett is a ‘one and done’ fighter. But at least he can say he was a ufc fighter and put it on his resume, joining Icho Larens and Steve Vignault, to name a couple. He will not be back. There are more deserving Canadian LHW’s

15. DB says:

Great night for the Canadian fellas! Sean & TJ really left it all in the ring. That is such a huge win for TJ. Mitch still rolling, great. Roger looked a little out of his league which unfortunately he is. Lucky for him he has all the excuses in the world and in all fairness they totally apply. I’m afraid though his second chance won’t be much different. Just not sure he belongs unless they just use him as part of the gene pool to help dudes records. I think he was kinda exposed in Bellator, nice job for his management though to get him on the practice squad in the UFC. Sorry to be negative but first fight? main card? Swing and a miss Lorenzo.

16. DB says:

Before all the fight geeks jump too hard on me, I must correct my final comment reference to Lorenzo match making…should read Joe Silva. Still fair game for Roger Hollett fans though.

17. Swanriverskimboslice says:

Good fight card all in all. Would have liked to see vitor finish the arm bar tho… Sick of Jon Jones.
    Congrats to Mitch and Sean.

18. Tyler Davis says:

Matt hamil is it just me or is ge the guy who played sloth in the goonies

19. Oilcity says:

Dana whites twitter say’s props to hollet for takin fight on short notice and sais’ he would have won fight in first 30 seconds had he let his hands go. So pretty sure he will get another go around.

20. booboo says:

ANY LINK TO SEE THE GAGNON SUB , WAS THE FIGHTS WORTH THE CASH ON PPV CAUSE I JUST GOT BACK TODAY ( PERSONAL SHIT ) AND HAVENT GOT TO SEE THE FIGHTS YET , IF ITS WORTH IT I GET IT BUT FUCKN DONT WANNA GIVE AWAY 60 BUCKS IF IT WAS A SHIT CARD . WAR GAGNON AND WANT TO SEE IT FOR SURE . ANY LINK ?

21. Adam Lorenz says:

That fight was a Facebook prelim Booboo, I don’t remember seeing it on the ppv perhaps you should find out if they aired it again after the main event.

22. booboo says:

@ADAM THANK YOU AND I TRIED FACEBOOK , YOUTUBE AND GOOGLED IT , JUST FIGURED SOME ONE ON HERE HAD A LINK TO THAT FIGHT BUT IF THE REST OF THE CARD WAS GOOD I MIGHT STILL PPV IT , JUST B DISAPOINTED NOT TO SEE GAGNON AFTER PAYING 60 BUCKS FOR FIGHTS FROM LAST NIGHT . IM SURE IF I KEEP DIGGING I LL FIND IT , I HEARD IT WAS FUCKING NICE SUBMISSION !

23. Perfect performance by Mitch.

24. booboo says:

WOW PERFECT IS RIGHT . I HOPE MONTREAL NEEDS A 135ER CAUSE IT DOESNT SEEM HE TOOK ANY DAMAGE AND LOOKED GREAT JUST HOPE HE GETS HIS GAS TANK RIGHT CAUSE HE WOULD OF KICKED CARAWAYS ASS TOO IF HE DIDNT GAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRST . HIS GAS TANK HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN ? CAUSE HE DONT GO PASS THE FIRST VERY OFTEN BUT HE SURE AS FUCK WENT TO PETRO CANADA BEFORE HE FOUGHT GROULX . THE ONLY FIGHT I FEEL HE SHOWED HE CAN GET PASS THE FIRST WITH GAS IN THE TANK . LOVE TO SEE HIM FIGHT THAT DILLASHAW GUY IN MONTREAL BUT THAT ONES JUST A THUOGHT AND IF HE CONTROLS THAT ISSUE WITH THE OLD GAS TANK I DONT SEE TO MANY FIGHTERS OUT SIDE THE TOP 10 IN THE UFC BEATING HIM . CONGRATES TO MITCH AND TY JAKE YOU JUST SAVED ME 60 BUCKS I OWE YOU ONE TY .

25. Unzelle says:

Unreal fight by TJ – this has to put him in the mix for his division. Glad Sean hung on too – he was in no mans land for sure at the end of the third. Roger did look out of sorts, but first fight in the UFC paired with Matt Hammill – eeek. Hopefully he learns from this and can get a W in his next bout. Even place him against Jimmo. Gagnon on the Montreal card would be sweet!

26. Swanriverskimboslice says:

I would like to see Gagnon vs Delrome. Would be an awesome fight. Also think UFC should sign Eric Perez then match him up with Erik Perez. Eric Perez vs Erik Perez. Winner keeps the name. Looser shares names with Robin Black.

27. Swanriverskimboslice says:

Delorme*

28. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

LOL @ loser sharing name with Robin Black. Brilliant!

So I guess beards are allowed in Ontario now?

Strange other fighters had to shave it down to nothing in the past.

Or is the rule for everybody but UFC?

On a side note anybody else think that Jones like like Wedderburn with that beard?