Alessio to Take on Mazany in Hometown Main Event

It was recently announced that John Alessio (34-16) had signed with Aggression Fighting Championship.  Now we know who the Victoria, British Columbia native’s main event opponent will be for Aggression FC 13 on November 3.

Dave Mazany (10-4) will be the fighter trying to upset Alessio in his hometown return.  Mazany has been on a roll in his MMA career lately.  The Wand Fight Team member has won six of his last seven fights, including a win over Shane Campell in a previous Aggression MMA appearance.

Alessio has not fought in Victoria since 1998 when he beat Derek McClinton and Mike Headley on the same card.  Alessio, who has trained with AFC promoter Jason Heit (4-0) will be fighting for the first time since his fights with Mark Bocek and Shane Roller in the UFC.

Alessio and Mazany are expected to be joined on the AFC 13 card with Diego Wilson, Tristan Connelly, David Perron, and Dan MacIver.

18 Responses to “ Alessio to Take on Mazany in Hometown Main Event ”

Great fight for John. Lookin forward to it!

2. I'll Say It says:

Good fight but just to prove my point Mazany is managed by AFC announcers I would say a conflict of interest but either way a great fight,

Does having the announcer on your side give you an unfair advantage?

4. Well Alessio is friends with Jason Heit and has trained with him over the years, so it nullifies the Dean Panas relationship with Mazany.

5. Idolmaker says:

Mazany is deans moistmaker

6. Darren Owen says:

I guess if Dean was announcing the fight he could try to throw John off by calling him the “Unnatural” or something but he won’t be announcing these fights. I don’t really see how there’s any advantage or disadvantage for either guy.

7. Idolmaker says:

I’ll find it interesting to see how deano announces sporting wood

8. Dean Panas says:

I did it this past weekend Idolmaker. Introducing Joe Doerksen infront of his home town got me pretty excited!

9. Idolmaker says:

10. I'll Say It says:

Did I say it was an unfair advantage? Just stating the facts it’s all in house if you want on an aft event have dean manage you,

Idolmaker maybe you can sit next to dean when he announces I heard you were a profession wood worker, and pretty crafty with your hands. Well that’s what Quinn was saying,

I really looked at this fight an Mazany is tough but not ready for this fight to big of a step up for him way to keep feeding your guys Dean understand why AFC keeps you around Deano, lol

11. MMA Truth says:

Mazany could win this as John struggles with ground guys controlling him.

Funny thing the two guys train in Vegas just blacks from each other and they will fly to Victoria to battle.

All in all Dean situation is like this really managers never get good press. If you want to be a manager it comes with the territory unfortunately guys n ladies.

12. john says:

fyi- i will put Mazany to sleep!!! the Pain train will be derailed by Natural Disaster!!!!!

13. Idolmaker says:

No conflict of interest whatsoever, as long as dean can stay absolutely unbiased. Something he has struggled with in the past.

14. Idolmaker says:

I hope so John. Mazany is a tough dude.

15. MMA Truth says:

This will be a great fight :)

I’m honestly looking forward to u beating up Steve Beamount for the AFC belt.

16. Don't Call Me Leon says:

What events has Dean done the announcing at? I’m guessing just Alberta & Manitoba?

17. BEEFSTORM says:

the PAIN TRAIN IS GOING TO GET HIS CABOOSE POUNDED… Yes i understand the conatations lol…. Alessio is ready!!! This will be a great card!!! very excited there might be another announcement soon…

18. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Don’t tease us, just tell us you fighting on the card too!