Whitlock to take on Glenn at the Score Sarnia

Lyndon Whitlock KOs Corey Houston (photo: Peter Chatterton)

(SCORE FIGHTING SERIES PRESS RELEASE)

TORONTO, September 14, 2012 – A clash between two top featherweights will be among the highlights when The Score Fighting Series (SFS) returns to Sarnia, Ontario on Friday, October 19th.

Prolific finisher Lyndon Whitlock (7-2) will go toe-to-toe with Rick “The Gladiator” Glenn (11-2), who is currently riding a nine-fight unbeaten streak. Whitlock, from Hamilton, Ontario, is itching to get back in the cage after a scheduled fight at last month’s SFS event in his hometown was cancelled at the 11th hour when opponent Fernando Vieira failed to complete all his medicals.

“It was a minor setback for me and I can’t let my emotions get in the way of my preparation for this next fight,” said Whitlock, 27. “If it’s given me any advantage at all, it’s that I’ve been able to see Rick fight and he’s not been able to watch me. He’s a very well rounded fighter and I’m expecting it to be a really tough fight.”

After losing via first round TKO to Tristan Johnson last October, Whitlock rebounded with a highlight reel KO of Corey Houston at the SFS in March, the last time he fought. All seven of Whitlock’s professional wins have come in the first round, and Glenn, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was expecting a real battle to maintain his impressive recent record. He called out top ranked Canadian featherweight Chris Horodecki after his August win, but is just as happy to fight Whitlock.

“I’m glad he stepped-up but he’s like a wall in my way,” said Glenn, 23, whose professional career is now mirroring his impressive 15-1 amateur record following his second round TKO victory over Tristan Johnson at the SFS last month. “I’m going to blast through him.”

Also confirmed is a lightweight match-up between SFS veterans Jason Meisel (3-1) and Eric Attard (4-3). Attard, from Welland, Ontario, is coming off a defeat to Jason Saggo by rear-naked choke at the last SFS event, while Meisel, from Caledonia, Ontario, is also looking to recover from his loss to Kyle Prepolec at the same event by triangle choke. Both fighters have a high octane style which will guarantee action in the cage.

The main card of the event will be televised live in Canada on theScore Television Network and in the US on AXS TV beginning 10:00pm EST. Tickets are on sale now starting at $29.95 and can be purchased through the RBC Centre box office and rbccentresarnia.com. Additional fights will be announced soon.

12 Responses to “ Whitlock to take on Glenn at the Score Sarnia ”

1. smash says:

Sick Fight!!!

2. Shane BTP Mountney says:

@smash…you got that right!…would love to see Lyndon finish Glenn!

Pumped to call this one!!!

4. steve hill says:

Yep…great fight

5. onesided says:

glenn walks through him, MMATH works here

6. kinger says:

Whitlock would have lost to Vieira, and he loses here too.

7. steve hill says:

all lyndon needs is one punch…we have seen that time and again..and no one has really seen his ground game….which is excellent…lyndon all the way

Super talented local rising star facing his toughest test against a guy who looked like a killer in his tv debut?

Freakin works for me man.

9. booboo says:

LETS GET REAL , TRISTAN KNOCKED OUT WHITLOCK AND GLEN KNOCKED OUT TRISTAN AND WHITLOCK GETS THE CALL WERE IN THE HELL DID THE GLEN VS CHRIS GO ? GLEN CALLED HIM OUT AND SEEMS TO MAKE MORE SENCE TO ME BUT WHAT DO I KNOW IM NO MATCHMAKER AND ALEX IS THE BEST SO LETS SEE IF LYNDON CAN HANDLE WHAT TRISTAN COULD NOT ! GLEN VS CHRIS , WHITLOCK VS GROSS AND TRISTAN VS SIEJI AND ROMERO VS GROULX ( HAD TO DO IT )

JUST MY THOUGHTS BUT MABE THATS WHY IM NOT A MATCHMACKER

OH YA THE WARDOG VS BOBBY K MABE THAT WILL GET THE WARDOG SOME CONFIDENCE AND A WIN CAUSE BOBBY K IS A FUCKING LOOSER !! NOT TALKING BKB HAHA.

10. LoL says:

I think this is a good match up, Lyndon wants to test himself and move up in ranks,this fight does that for him!

11. I think Whitlock is in over his head with Glenn. Whitlock is a very promising talent but he has not beaten many with great records.

I would rather see Glenn vs Horodecki, Whitlock vs Horodecki, or Whitlock rematches with Tristan or Bourgeois.

12. gorgeous george says:

Don’t under estimate Whitlock..Whitlock has improved so much..He trains with great fighters and as amazing coaches- Josh Hill, Antonio Carvalho, Mitch Gagnon, Claude Patrick, Rory McDonnel, Monkey (not sure what his first name is but i heard he is good and no I am not him) Adrian Wooley, Justin Burkman and Gavin Hesson..I don’t know these guy personally but from what I hear Gavin Hesson knows the game very, very well..I guess he retired because of injury. Lyndon is surrounded by some amazing talent at Bruckmans, Para Bellum, and Pura..Good luck to the fighters.