Curtis Brigham Discusses his MMA Return Following an 8 Year Absence

photo: Keith Grienke

Curtis Brigham (10-5) took a break from building his new WAMMA gym location to talk with Top MMA News about his upcoming return to mixed martial arts in this lengthy interview. Brigham fights Matt Trudeau at AFC 11 on September 15th in Winnipeg following an eight year absence from the cage.  Not that he hasn’t been around the sport as Brigham has built the Winnipeg Academy of Mixed Martial Arts since his last fight in 2004 and trained such fighters as Roland Delorme, Eric Perez, and even Josh Neer.  In this interview, Brigham discusses:

• why he is returning to fighting now amidst a gym rebuild and a new born baby that he is raising with his wife,
  • his thoughts on MMA in 2004 and now and how he has evolved,
  • his opponent Matt Trudeau and what he expects from him,
  • his WAMMA team and much, much more.

26 Responses to “ Curtis Brigham Discusses his MMA Return Following an 8 Year Absence ”

This is one of the best things I’ve ever listened to on here. Brigham should write a book. I’d buy it for sure.

2. Jerobe says:

No doubt! Brigham is a true Canadian MMA Legend. Its unreal the things he has done for Canadian MMA. Mad respect.

3. Curtis is just a real talented, good guy with a great story.

Seeing him and Doerksen on the same card is pretty special. I hope Winnipeg fans realize that and come out to support this show.

4. Dean Panas says:

I am so excited to be announcing this event. It’s going to be a thrill to intro Joe and Curtis infront of the Winnipeg crowd!

5. EPerez says:

The UFC’s bantamweight division should have a new WAMMA entry in the future. I am not at all exagerating when I say that the things Curtis does on the ground is light years ahead of what a lot of guys are doing and teaching right now.

Man, that was a great fuckin interview and video looked cool too. Keith killed it and Curtis was just exceptional!

Overall 10/10!

7. Sweet Dreams says:

Great interview Keith. I’m glad Brigham wore his dry walling shirt for the event.

8. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

LOL @ Dry Walling Shirt

9. Thanks @Sweet Dreams and @Bobby Karimi. Easy interviewing a guy like Curtis who has a million MMA stories to talk about.

10. Truth Hurts says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 17

11. @Truth Hurts… Going to take your comment and throw it in the trash. I don’t think someone can have a bad interview with Curtis Brigham!

Thanks for coming to the site, though, and helping make it the #1 site for Canadian MMA News!

12. Sweet Dreams says:

@Truth Hurts, never met Keith in my life but I’ve been told by friends he is a gentleman. @Truth Hurts just try your own dry wall shirt on, perhaps it’ll put you in a good mood!

Keith is the man, that was a great interview, was Keith wearing his dry walling shirt when he was interviewing Brigham?

14. BDC says:

Keith is not the man lol but interview was good lol

15. SHOULDRZ says:

Curtis Brigham Is the man. I look forward to the 15th

16. EPerez says:

Newborn baby, new gym that hes been doing the renos on, training for his own fight, teaching all of his classes still and as usual is very hands on in getting ready 5 of his fighters ready for the same card.

17. Truth Hurts says:

Bobby writes for here so he won’t criticize his bumbuddy.

18. @BDC…wow. Thanks.

@Truth Hurts… Bobby is a good friend, but not as close as you suggest. When I do something crappy, he usually berates me over the phone and does not post the criticism here. So I guess I kind of agree a bit with your comment.

@Eric Perez…with Milko, that’s 6 guys from WAMMA that Brigham is working with.

@truth hurts
    I write for here?

20. EPerez says:

I forget Milko, guy doesnt talk or maybe Fisette and I talk too much.

Hurts- “Bobby writes for here so he won’t criticize his bumbuddy.”

Keith- “Bobby is a good friend, but not as close as you suggest.”

I hope not man, I hope not.

22. LoL says:

23. Louis Fisette says:

WAMMA, home of the worlds largest population of high caliber fighting midgets!!!

24. SHOULDRZ says:

WAMMA…… best gym 155 AND UNDER, with the odd freak of nature ( the POL and Andre the giant

25. EPerez says:

We prefer ‘little people’

26. Seventy says:

Looking forward to seeing Brigham fight on Saturday night. Nice to see some info on him as he deserves it.