Score Fighting Series – Sarnia – October 19

Date: October 19, 2012
Location: RBC Centre in Sarnia, Ontario
TV: theScore/AXS TV (Main Card)
Tickets: RBC Centre

Main Card: (theScore/AXS TV)
150lbs- Chris Horodecki (18-4-1) vs. Brad Cardinal (16-8)
145lbs- John Fraser (10-4) vs. Tyler Toner (13-4)
145lbs- Lyndon Whitlock (7-2) vs. Rick Glenn (11-2)
170lbs- Gerald Meerschaert (15-5) vs Sergej Juskevic (11-7)
145lbs- Jesse Gross (6-3) vs. Seiji Sugiman-Marangos (5-1)
145lbs- Jorge Britto (5-1) vs. Tony Hervey (14-12)

Preliminary Card:
155lbs- Jason Meisel (3-1) vs. Eric Attard (4-3)
155lbs- Joel Paquette (0-1) vs. Allan Wilson (2-0)
125lbs- Tyler Kirk (0-0) vs Malcom Gordon (0-0)
170lbs- Josh Taveirne (2-3) vs. Brett Biederman (1-3)
145lbs- Kyle Nelson (1-0) vs Jo Pehtatagoose (1-0)
170lbs- Kyle Post (0-0) vs Scott Hudson (0-1)

97 Responses to “ Score Fighting Series – Sarnia – October 19 ”

1. Added Meisel, Gross, Whitlock

2. Lenny wheeler says:

What weight is gross fighting at, him and Whitlock would make a great fight for fans

3. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Whitlock to face Glenn…big step up for Lyndon!…get it done LW!

4. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Meisel vs Attard…this won will be fireworks!!!

UPDATE:
    Added Lyndon Whitlock vs. Rick Glenn and Jason Meisel vs. Eric Attard

6. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 2 Thumb down 19

7. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 3 Thumb down 18

UPDATE:
    Added Jesse Gross vs. Seiji Sugiman-Marangos and Joel Paquette vs. Ronnie Phillips

9. Lenny wheeler says:

Some good fights on this card

UPDATE: Added John Fraser vs. Tyler Toner

11. toe2toe says:

Shane BTP Monkey..I might be wrong but I am going out on a limb but I think you get thumbs down because your a FUCKING IDIOT…I can’t believe you are coach and manager.

12. woodrow says:

kyle nelson 1-0 vs jo pehtatagoose 1-0 145 lbs confirmed and approved

13. toe2toe says:

Hey does anyone know what MMA Ontario does? Some guy J/Jay runs it? Really thin guy with big goofy glasses. I have gone to the site and it is very low end..here i thought it was a major organization because of Ontario MMA and that is what i was lead to believe…probably just another wannabe media guy, he certainly thinks it is bigger then what it is..Oops, just found out that he ran/owned the Discipline show…never mind not worth the time to even think about..

14. Update: added a few fights.

Jorge Britto (12-8) vs Tony Hervey (14-12)
    Gerald Meerschaert (15-5) vs Sergej Juskevic (11-7)

15. blah says:

I luv me some Sergej Juskevic…

16. woodrow says:

wow already updated before the OAC approved. im impressed how quick you guys are!!!!

still a couple more important fights to include as well

17. Chris says:

Tyler Kirk vs Malcom Gordon as well!!!!

18. Thanks Chris. We overlooked putting this one up. I think we had it in our rumour mill a month ago.

19. Update: Added Kyle Post vs Scott Hudson. Should open up the card on the 19th.

20. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Some of my favorite and exciting Ontario fighters on this card…can’t wait to the action that night…ATC Boys representing ….good to see Gross back in action…The Polish Hammer always a possible FOTN or KOTN…Debut of Malcolm Gordon…tenacious with a huge set of brass balls…
    Fraser back in his hometown…Whitlock looking to keep in the win column …(big step up for Lyndon…which is exactly what he wanted) and the Return of Brett Biederman after a year layoff from injury…keep an eye on this kid …if he stays standing this has KO of the night written all over it…this is the best SFS card yet….all your missing Woody is the Big boys…Can’t wait for Oct.19 The Score Fighting Series @ RBC Center Sarnia!!!….COME GET SOME!!!!

21. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Horodecki
    Whitlock
    Fraser
    Gross
    Meisel
    Biederman
    Pauquette
    Hervey
    Gordon
    Nelson
    Post….

22. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Forgot Juskevic

SUPER pumped to call this one!

Awesome fights man.

Woooooodrow!

24. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Still have Horodecki with opponent change!

25. Donald Duck says:

Horodecki is in a lot of trouble, I get the need for a main event but he’s going to be giving up a lot of size and while Chris is probably the better striker Brad reach will cause him problems.

Will be interesting to see how Chris’ wrestling looks cause if Brad can get this to the ground he can finish quickly.

UPDATE: Brad Cardinal replaces Kalvin Hackney against Chris Horodecki, also it looks like Jorge Britto vs. Tony Hervey is off the card and Allan Wilson steps in to take on Joel Paquette

Don’t underestimate Horodecki. Born to fight and young and still evolving and improving. mentally unbreakable.
    Cardinal a legit challenge. Very skilled and great reach, subs and physical attributes.

Great great match up.

28. ReUpdate – putting Hervey and Britto back on the card. Should not have been removed.

My bad…. wasn’t on the press release so I figured it was off!

30. topmmafan says:

Is there anywhere to watch the pre lim card? Score Website perhaps?

31. Windsor MMA says:

Great card! IF fighters had their choice who they would fight for in Canada?

For me, Score comes out #1 with MFC a solid number two. AFC coming on though. I would like to know what others think:

QUALITY – Score shows are stacked top to bottom with exciting young fighters. The last MFC show was exciting but most of the ones before were boring. MFC gets props for developing some top talent but they rely on ex-UFC guys too much. AFC has lots of shows with some decent talent but overall the AFC shows just aren’t as deep. AFC signed some bigger names now but they are mostly UFC with best days behind them.

MATCHMAKING – Score guys get tough but fair fights. MFC gives pretty tough opponents as well. A lot of AFC fight outcomes seem predictable to me.

EXPOSURE – Score TV shows air all the time on The Score in the same time slots. I never know when MFC is on TSN. Where can you watch AFC in Canada on TV? Can I see it in Ontario somewhere?

TV QUALITY – SCore and MFC television shows are comparable although Rinallo’s annoying. For me The Voice better than Mauro but I know people differ. The Score cage and MFC ring have never had a hole in it. LOL.

SPONSORS – This is a big one to me as it says who advertisers think is the best? Score has big companies. Who sponsors otehr shows?

RELATIONSHIPS – I assume Score is on good terms with UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator based on the fighters who go there. MFC hates on UFC and Bellator publicly. AFC affiliations?

PROMOTERS – Score you seldom hear from publicly except robin. MFC seems crazy based on what people say here. AFC promoters seem to treat fighters well.

Thoughts? Sorry for long post. I am bored at work. LOL

32. Humble Student says:

Team Britto…Go Professor Jorge!!!…

33. @ Windsor MMA – Thanks for the kind words. You’ll be happy to hear that Michael Schiavello will be calling the action for the first SFS broadcast on The Score and AXS TV along with Robin Black.

As far as total audience, the SFS delivered a cumulative audience of 2.5 million viewers last year in Canada. The exposure fighters and sponsors get on the SFS in Canada is second only to the UFC. These audience numbers are third-party verified and there is no debate that no other current MMA media deal comes anywhere close.

So if you want your brand or your fights to be seen by the biggest audience possible the SFS is the place to be!

34. Score with Schiavello and Robin? Great stuff !

Love it The Voice and Robin combo! I look forward to this!

Thanks guys but there’s no way anyone could possibly be more excited than me.

The first time the man says “Goodnight Irene” I think I might crap my pants.

First I get to work with Mauro, one of my heroes, and now I get to work with this legend. What a brilliant character.

Working with Michael was definitely on my career wish list and now its 36 hours away.

I have a lot of prep work still to do to make sure I can do the best job I’m capable of tomorrow.

12 kick ass fights workin with The Voice.

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

STOKED!

38. Sliggy J says:

The main-card looks like a featherweight tournament opening round…MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

39. Sliggy J says:

Also are you guys sure Britto vs. Hervey is 145?

40. wuzjustsayin says:

Congrats Robin!!

Good luck getting a word in and ya better pack an extra Hankie!!

41. Gus says:

My predictions:

Fraser by Sub in round 1
    Paquette by TKO in Round 1
    lavigne does a shit job at all times

42. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Pauquette
    Hervey
    Gordon
    Nelson
    Post….Who do you Got?

43. Jamie Locke says:

Love The Voice! Have fun tomorrow Robin!

This card looks great. I’ll be watching!

Does anyone know what time the main card is supposed to start on theScore? My schedule says it starts at 1030 et and only goes for an hour… that can’t be right!

45. Louis Fisette says:

Yea i got it at 930 again only for the hour?? whats the deal?

Main card 10 pm EST till 12:30.

Weigh ins in 2 1/2 hours getting excited.