Josh Hill Recaps John Fraser Victory

Top MMA News‘ Don Wilson catches up with ‘Gentleman’ Josh Hill after his Score Fighting Series bout.  In this interview, Hill, who dons the ‘Big Win’ vest, discusses his:

• win over John Fraser,
  • dominating fighting style,
  • future plans for his fighting career.

106 Responses to “ Josh Hill Recaps John Fraser Victory ”

1. Joe Stevens says:

HILL vs JENS would be a great fight!

2. FLEX says:

Josh Hill is the best bantam weight in Canada yet he isn’t in the UFC. WTF just doesn’t make sense?????

3. BDC says:

@ flex its probly cause he has a case of the jimmos. You either have to put on very fan friendly fights (ones that are not boring if you dont know the guy) or a very massive win streak in canada.

4. Moval alum says:

Why did you back out against my boy LC Davis. You ain’t ready for UFC backin out.

5. Wuzjustsayin says:

6. topmmafan says:

What a joke. Who is LC Davis? First of all, Hill never agreed to fight anyone. He is currently weighing out options on guys who actually have “NAMES” and have been in the UFC. If Hill is gonna accept a big fight before he gets signed why wouldn’t he choose the best most difficult challenge yet? LC is probably option 6 or 7 which means if things turn sour, LC will be lucky enough to step in the ring with Josh. I think it’s pretty unprofessional to have a contract signed when Josh had no idea it was on the table and then call him out. Why don’t you fight one of the 9 guys Josh has dusted first before you chirp. Is that what they taught you at Missouri Valley College LC? Isn’t that an Elementary school? Grow up Peter Pan.

7. BDC says:

Lc davis 17-5 from the us not really a joke

8. topmmafan says:

You said from the US right? Thats all I needed to hear…

9. cliff claven says:

Yes LC David is 17-5, but he is 1-3 is his last 4 fights. Sorry but in this sport its what have you done lately, not what have you done 3 years ago

10. BDC says:

So 1-3 in his last 4 make him a joke? I havent seen him fight or know anything about him other than his record. But i would not call any man whose 17-5 a joke thats just disrespectful.

11. wuzjustsayin says:

@ topmmafan “I think it’s pretty unprofessional to have a contract signed when Josh had no idea it was on the table and then call him out.”

Who are you calling “unprofessional” Davis or The Score?? Maybe it’s Josh!

12. Joe Stevens says:

Who is LC Davis….

13. M.F.M. says:

First off Josh doesn’t choose his opponents or negotiate his own contracts. I do that for him. We never agreed to fight L.C. and never had a contract for the fight. I am currently in negotiations now trying to get us a big name opponent.

Scott Macovi

14. Joe Stevens says:

Seems like another case of the promoters thinking they own their fighters…

15. Steve hill says:

The fact of the matter is josh wants a marquee name fighter…. Torres .pulver, Beebe all fit that criteria … With all due respect to LC davis…he isn’t that guy…and if cliffs stats are correct…1 & 3 at BW…against a 9 & 0….doesn’t make any sense

16. Just Laughable says:

Sort of see the arguement but if your going on records well Torres has lost 4 in his last 7 and well pulver is washed up and lost 11 of his last 16

17. wuzjustsayin says:

@ Just Laughable

LMFAO!!

18. Joe Stevens says:

If the promotors signed the fight without Josh knowing…that’s very unprofessional…I thought the score was one of the better promotions?

19. Joe Stevens says:

Torres, Pulver and Beebe all former champs…who the heck is LC Davis?

20. Just Laughable says:

***FORMER***

Dan Severn, Tim Sylvia, Shannon Ritch were all former champions somewhere to

21. Louis Fisette says:

I would love to see Hill fight Curtis Brigham! Yes maybe not a big name, but 10-5 with 2 loses being from Sean Sherk and CJ Fernandes. I think Brigham would have a pretty good shot in the fight. Opinions???

22. Just Laughable says:

Brigham would have a far better shot than a washed up Pulver that is for sure.

23. EPerez says:

Ends early, another choke for The Boss.

24. Louis Fisette says:

I agree, Hill is forsure talented, but curtis has that OLD OLD OLD man strengh, and is also a killer. IMO the boss wins by SUB

25. Sweet Dreams says:

Josh Hill has been tagged as boring to watch by some. Fighting someone like Brigham who IS a big name in MMA and always comes to finish would provide for an entertaining scrap. I think both fighters would bring out high level performances from each other. It’s tough to smother Brigham for three rounds as he’s always looking for the kill and Josh is a very legit talent at 35. Brigham vs Hill sounds great to this fan!

26. smash says:

Let brigham string some wins together,,, he is irrelivant right now. no offense to him of course, just my opinion.

27. Louis Fisette says:

I beg to differ, Curtis would be 90% of guys in the top 10. Lets do some MMA math… Delorme beats Denis who was #1 for quite some time. Both those guys would beat Hill. Brigham coaches Delorme. Brigham beats Hill lol In summary

Delorme>Denis+ (Delorme+Denis)>Hill= Brigham>Hill

28. smash says:

oooooohhhh i get it. Sorry, my bad.

29. @Joe Steven… LC Davis is a good wrestler and a big name as I am sure you know. Would be interesting to see how/if Hill could combat a wrestler.

Would also be interested in Hill/Brigham but understand that Hill would try for a bigger name opponent.

Lastly, I hope it is not Pulver.

30. Steve hill says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 16

31. Ron says:

Ivan Menjivar, Nick Denis, Yves Jabouin, Mitch Gagnon, John Fraser, Josh Hill,Roland Delorme, Adrian Wooley, Stephane Pelletier… Every single one of these fighters would beat brigham and most of them would run over him, especially Hill

I have no idea what some of you are thinking. Next you’ll be saying Doerkson would beat up Anderson Silva

32. CM says:

lol @ calling Wamma guys morons & then saying they are from the West Coast in the same sentence.

Google Maps is your friend Mr Hill. You should try it some time.

HAHAHA! Yes, my name gets mentioned again, lol!
    Thanks for the historical reference Steve!

(Sorry fans, I’ve been busy with work the last few days to comment)

How does Prime Josh Hill 2012 version do against a Prime Fedor 2005 version?

35. Ditka wins that one easy

36. smash says:

Shit sorry guys… I didnt realize He was the guy that just beat 2-1 Matt Trudeau, and tore up the scene in 2001… ya he should 100% get a shot at Josh, he deserves it for sure!

37. Idolmaker says:

He deserves the fight in 2001, not right now.

38. @Smash… you can also say that Curtis Brigham was the guy who recently handed the unbeaten, rising prospect Matt Trudeau his first loss and tore up the scene in 2001.

When Hill beat Eric Wilson, I am sure you would have said Hill beat the guy who beat Roland Delorme instead of saying that Hill only beat a guy who had not won in over 17 months.

Sounds a lot better depending how you write it.

btw… I still agree that Hill should fight someone with a better name than Curtis Brigham. He should fight an ex-UFCer or WECer.

39. Louis Fisette says:

im not arguing, Hill has nothing to gain by fighting Brigham at this point… But Brigham would still beat Hill! The ppl on the west coast might agree, but unfortunately im not from there dummy

40. BDC says:

Steve hill you are tarnishing josh’s name. What you say on here will effect him thousands of people see this website. BRUTAL

41. Gangnam style says:

If Hill avoids any real challenges before he does make the UFC or he’ll go 0-2 at best, if they even are interested in him.

42. Adam Lorenz says:

I have some prime ocean front property here in Saskatchewan for sale if there are any takers.

43. Donald Duck says:

Yeesh, that ain’t the ocean homie, that’s Wascana.

44. booboo says:

BINGHAM VS FRASER REGARDLESS OF THE OCT FIGHT , THEN I THINK WE WILL SEE CURTIS (LESS SOME RING DUST)
    START GETTING BETTER FIGHTS MABE JOSH BUT I THINK AFTER 8 YRS OFF , JOSH MIGHT BE A LITTLE TO MUCH BUT IF HE CAN FINISH OR DOMINATE FRASER ( WHICH I THINK THE HAGGIS BASHER WILL WIN )THEN GIVE THE OLD GUY A SHOT AT HILL, IF HILL AINT FIGHTING UFC CARD BY END OF YEAR. HAVE THAT FEELING INJURYS WILL THEN AFFECT SOME END OF THE YEAR FIGHT CARDS AND HILL JUST MIGHT BE A ZUFFA PRODUCT , MABE AGAINST DENIS ? MONTREAL WOULD BE NICE !

45. Thanks for the support from my friends, and to the people critical of me, i don’t disagree with most of your comments

I’m hoping to have a couple more good fights, Hill would be an awesome challenge, and while i’m down for it, I agree that i haven’t earned it yet

fraser would be a cool fight too booboo!

46. Donald Duck says:

I heard Curtis has small hands and smells of cheese.

Donnie

47. Sean Quinn says:

You’re wrong…he smells of cabbage.

48. Idolmaker says:

My comment was not at all critical of Curtis, I think he’s a worldbeater, as he said he hasn’t earned it yet. I like josh alot, my only issue with him, is Steve hill!

49. I'll Say It says:

@Gangnam style how can you say Hill has bot fought anybody yet? He just beat John Fraser and had complete control the whole fight, that’s the fight most people on here talked about wanting to see.

And now Louis and many more want Curtis to fight Hill yes Curtis is tough but he is not on Hill’s level, I have tons of respect for Curtis but not interested to see that fight, but him and Fraser would be a great match up.

If Jens Pulver vs Hill is set up chances are it won’t happen how many times did Jens back out of fighting Stephane Pelletier? So chances are it wont happen which like i said Earlier I dont want it too. And I remember Josh being asked to fight Pelletier before the Hill fight and wanted no part of that.