Canadian Rumour Mill – August 27

photo: Rob Trudeau

What a performance by Alex Ricci and Jesse Ronson this weekend at The Score. You have to think an exciting Lightweight like Ronson could get picked up by the UFC after that sensational scrap! The guy has re-invented himself since losing to Mike Ricci two years ago! Great job Body Snatcher! BAM!

• Canadian Olympic sprinter (2008 Beijing) E.J. Parris will make his MMA debut for AFC on their next show.
  • Things that make you go hmm… Why don’t we see Tap Star fighters on the Score Fighting Series? In my (bad) memory, this solid Ontario team has had one fighter on the show (Cirkunov) yet has guys like Peter Nolan, Michael Karkula, Steve Simms, and Mike Imperato who deserve shots!
  • Looks like I was WRONGO! It seems Manitoba’s commish turned down the Deputy Commissioner job in Ontario.
  • Wondering where up and comer Chris Kelades has been.  Well it seems Kelades suffered a serious concussion in his fight with Dimitri Waardenburg and that’s why he has been MIA of late. Now it seems he’s feeling better and looking to get back to training soon.
  • Not sure if we’ve mentioned the opponent for Mark Holst at Cage Warriors FC in Jordan on September 1st. But if we haven’t it’s 4 time BJJ World Champion, Leo Santos (10-3)
  • Jesse Gross will be on Score’s Sarnia card at 145 lbs.  Who dares to take on ‘The Ghost’?
  • I’m hearing at least a few Canadian promotions are wanting to sign John Alessio. Rumor has it we may be seeing John “The Natural” Alessio back in the SFS sooner than later, also hearing a potential multi fight deal.
  • Ryan Ford could face Tyson Steele at Bellator. They were supposed to fight at AFC last year but Steele got injured.  Steele has to get past Jarod Milko first!

117 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – August 27 ”

1. booboo says:

@BKB TY SIR AND YOU SIR ARE ” THE FUCKING MAN “

2. Stupidpeople says:

Before people talk you should get your information straight. Look at the Diaz bros they are head cases but they out on a show that is why they are successful. Everyone of those guys you mention (coaches corner) does the same. The score would benefit from having a variety of home town guys regardless of there past. People grow with the sport and it always takes two to tangle there’s a reason for everything. So instead of acting like a high school girl and gossiping you jould find out the truth before you talk. Talent is talent and those guys got it.

3. booboo says:

@BKB I WOULD KICK YOUR ASS IF I COULD SEE IT !! ( JUST KIDDING )

4. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Thanx for the tip Jake I do have an iPhone and just dl app…no my fax wasn’t broken…the fax number Mr. Rodley gave me is a phone / fax at a Dojo 45 min away from him…everything we tried…it was busy!….does not matter Contract is in now!…and mmafan1…2 things…first Misha already verbally excepted fight…so obviously he thinks Craig will be an easy win for him…guess we will have to see;)…second…I think you need to man up train your ass of and get in the cage and face another man that is looking to kick your ass…before you call Craig or any other pro fighter or amature fighter for that matter a bum!

5. booboo says:

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE ALL STILL TALKING ABOUT A FIGHT THATS NOT EVEN FUCKING OFFICIAL ! CONTRACTS IN ,HAHA , YOU NEED 2 CONTRACTS THERE BUDDY , NOT 1 . THEN AND ONLY THEN , WILL I ALLOW YOU , TO ANNOUNCE YOUR WAR DOG . ( TALKING UNPROFESSIONAL )

6. Ryan W. says:

BTP is a good enough guy and say what you want about his managerial skills, I disagree with many decisions of his, but him and Craig are getting and taking some HUGE fights. Craig has fought Hague on shot notice, signed TWICE to fight Nolan and has signed to fight Misha. Three of the top Canadian fighters. How people can talk shit about that is absolutely ridiculous. Is craig fight Misha after doing nothing but training for a boxing fight stupid? absolutely. But y’know what? Sheldon Westtcott called out fucking Gideon Ray after his last fight and got fired from the MFC for turning down fights and he doesn’t get half the hate BTP does. WHO IS JUST DOING HIS JOB AND GETTING HIS FIGHTER FIGHTS (that was for you, booboo).

In Canada there are countless fighters that are picking and choosing easy match ups. That is why so few of us perform well in the UFC, we have these guys on huge win streaks that have fought NOBODY. It’s the guys like Goodall, Ricci, Craig, Hinchcleff, and Nathan Gunn that should make us all proud. True warriors that will accept any challenge. Shitting on Craig and BTP is just cowardly, especially from people who won’t even post their FIRST name on here. Get real guys.

7. Robin dick says:

Ryan must be your last name cuz stupid is def your first

8. Uh oh says:

Don’t hate on Tapstar guys. Not theyre fault there not on the score , no one wants to fight them! You know you’re doing something rite when haters notice!

9. vlad says:

@ Bobby, thank you, very kind of you.
    @Jake, great point, nice tip, thanks.
    @Donnie, something really, really, really wrong with you man , if you r choosing Paula over Jlo :)
    @ Booboo, I didn’t get your joke about girlfriend, WTF is wrong with you man?
    @ Ryan W, totally agree.

10. Contradicting! says:

@mmafan1….strange in this comment of yours… Back in may,you were praising Craig for being a Great coach and hopin he wouldn’t leave TapouT and yesterday your calling him a bum!

Seems strange to me,are you just upset he doesn’t have the time to Coach at TapouT anymore,or are you personally angry with him!

Either way calling him a Bum is uncalled for!

11. coaches corner says:

There’s 9 fights between those 2 tapster guys and 7 of them have losing records they’re the ones that turn down fights and god the only thing they have in common with the diazes is the headcase part get real.
    My team and I have witnessed countless idiotic actions from them and clearly we’re not alone these guys are bad for sport in Canada and clearly actualy think its cool judging from their own comments.
    Last time we comment on this. This is more attention than they deserve.

12. Gunner says:

I turn down a fight a week at least if not more,,,, my wife keeps trying but i run like a mofo.

My thoughts BTP can only present a fight to Craig, its Craig’s signature that has to go on the contract. In the end Craig decides who and where. (BUT when you have a contract sent to you that usually means you have verbally agreed to everything so send the thing back ASAP)

Some guys like the low risk and the low reward of a few bucks and girls patting them on the backside at the after party for winning against what they dont realize was a glorified he-man figurine, Craig does not seem like that type of guy so props to him

Other guys go for the high risk big reward of being in a tough tough fight against another man who is there to bring the best out of you both regardless how ugly you are after.

i guess i am one of those dumber ones who would rather fight a guy who can finish me at any moment if i slip up but make an exciting fight and create a good story to tell my kids when i am 65 (prolly wont make it to 70 liver will fail)

Gunner is da bomb.

Shame about his liver.

I have a great deal of respect for Sam Zakula and his coaching and I think some of the stuff his guys did when they were younger might have been sketchy but its not the end of the world.

Some guys are super pro and respectful right at 19 or 20, others need a bit of time to settle down into the respectful vibe that seems to be modern MMA in Canada. We tend to be a bit more mellow and allergic to drama than our American counterparts.

These guys are mellowing out and it would be great to see them fight more.

It’ll come.

14. Craig Hudson says:

Contract is signed sealed and delivered,looking forward to fighting misha cirkunov have great respect for him. It will be a great fight, Challenging for both of us.getting in the best shape of my career, I love this sport so much, hope to please the Canadian MMA fans, this Sport has come so far I’m glad to be a part of it.for all those people bashing my coach for any fights that I take its my decision in the end, and when the gate closes, its only me in there.if there’s mistakes made, we make them togather.there’s knowbody to blame just learning experiences. Looking forward to October 27, Misha lets make this happen.

15. booboo says:

I AM OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM THIS SITE TODAY MY WIFE SAYS IM ACTING LIKE A FUCKING CRACKHEAD ON HERE AND NEED A BREAK FROM ALL THIS . GOOD LUCK TOPMMANEWS HOPE ITS NOT PERMANENT !!! @ VLAD THAT IS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME , I LOVE THIS SPORT AND JUST HATE SEEING FIGHTERS GOING DOWN THE WRONG PATH CAUSE OF MANAGEMENT . TY FOR LETTING ME BE MYSELF AND I ENJOYED BEING A PART OF THIS . I TALKED SHIT TO SOME OF THE BEST CANADA HAS TO OFFER AND THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS EVER SCARED ME IS MY WIFE , WHEN SHE SPEAKS I FUCKING LISTEN !

PEACE BOOBOO

16. Shane BTP Mountney says:

@BooBoo…Can’t say I will miss the insults…;)…but I will miss the verbal tennis and your witty comebacks!as always it’s been a pleasure BooBoo…

17. Uh oh says:

Coaches corner…. Who is your team?