Canadian Rumour Mill – August 27
What a performance by Alex Ricci and Jesse Ronson this weekend at The Score. You have to think an exciting Lightweight like Ronson could get picked up by the UFC after that sensational scrap! The guy has re-invented himself since losing to Mike Ricci two years ago! Great job Body Snatcher! BAM!
- Canadian Olympic sprinter (2008 Beijing) E.J. Parris will make his MMA debut for AFC on their next show.
- Guillaume De Lorenzi‘s Bellator debut fight has been moved to November 2nd.
- Things that make you go hmm… Why don’t we see Tap Star fighters on the Score Fighting Series? In my (bad) memory, this solid Ontario team has had one fighter on the show (Cirkunov) yet has guys like Peter Nolan, Michael Karkula, Steve Simms, and Mike Imperato who deserve shots!
- Looks like I was WRONGO! It seems Manitoba’s commish turned down the Deputy Commissioner job in Ontario.
- Wondering where up and comer Chris Kelades has been. Well it seems Kelades suffered a serious concussion in his fight with Dimitri Waardenburg and that’s why he has been MIA of late. Now it seems he’s feeling better and looking to get back to training soon.
- Not sure if we’ve mentioned the opponent for Mark Holst at Cage Warriors FC in Jordan on September 1st. But if we haven’t it’s 4 time BJJ World Champion, Leo Santos (10-3)
- Jesse Gross will be on Score’s Sarnia card at 145 lbs. Who dares to take on ‘The Ghost’?
- I’m hearing at least a few Canadian promotions are wanting to sign John Alessio. Rumor has it we may be seeing John “The Natural” Alessio back in the SFS sooner than later, also hearing a potential multi fight deal.
- Ryan Ford could face Tyson Steele at Bellator. They were supposed to fight at AFC last year but Steele got injured. Steele has to get past Jarod Milko first!