Unified MMA 13 – Edmonton – October 5

Date: October 5, 2012
Location: Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta
TV:
Tickets: (780) 695-6656

Pro MMA:
130lbs- Mike Davis (8-3) vs. Eric Wilson (5-2)
155lbs- Neil Doty (3-1) vs. Parwez Ghulam (2-1)
170lbs- Rocky Biggs (3-0) vs. Spencer Jebb (2-1)
155lbs- Anthony Lightning (1-0-1) vs. Devon Neville (0-3)
185lbs- Graham Park (0-1) vs. Connor Radkie (0-0)
125lbs- Michael Banin (1-0) vs. Reece Chapman (0-1)
265lbs- Mike Cobey (0-0) vs. Tanner Boser (0-0)

Amateur MMA:
170lbs- Dustin Greentree (2-0) vs. Dennis Werbicki (1-0)
155lbs- Nick Hrabec (0-0) vs. Cole Campbell (0-0)
135lbs- Eric Haung (0-1) vs. TBA
155lbs- Zach Burroughs (0-1) vs. Ryan O’Kurly (0-1)
145lbs- Abel Burroughs (0-1) vs. Shadey Yellowbird (0-0)
155lbs- Justin Nanaquawetung (1-0) vs. Tyrone Yukon (0-0)

141 Responses to “ Unified MMA 13 – Edmonton – October 5 ”

1. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Biederman is no bum…he’s unofficially 2 – 2 …officially 1-2 he has a 7 sec ko and a 10 sec Ko his losses are to Dickson and none other than recent UFC star Daron Cruikshank …and he’s making his return in October in Sarnia after a yr layoff due to neck injury….as for Taverne another Tough gritty fighter who took MFC star Dhiego Lima the distance…I have a lot of respect for Alin so I’m hoping that’s not the words he used…a coach in his position and being respected they way he is…should not talk about other fighters that way…

2. alin says:

I did not say that about Biderman ever, I remember him from the muay thai days and I have all the respect for him and his coach Shane BTP, I made my comments about Ryan’s opponents in a respect manner under this tread, the attack of the trolls is in effect here…calling us trash! very professional and classy in the same sentence calling others professional lol , never mind the comment about ko, buting out of bussines also very professional and classy. We have a great community I love you all!

3. Idolmaker says:

Yeah butt out big top peewee!!!! Did you happen to manage biderman for those 2 losses?

4. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Thanx for clearing that up Alin ….much respect as always!

5. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Idol your not even relevant anymore….I will only speak and respond on posts on here from real ppl …not fake names…unless I know your true identity….I will not get caught up in all this crap anymore….again thank you Alin…and God bless

6. Arnold Horseshack says:

Lies, Lies,Lies…Man I feel like the little german guy? What was his name again? Alin, did you or didn’t you say all the guys dickson fought were bums…a simple yes or no? I will help you…Yes you did and more then one occasion and more then one person has confirm this. The thing you should of said and done, was I am sorry and i didn’t mean it, it was the heat of moment and apologized and maybe people would not be so hard on you. People only attacked you because of what you said and did..You attacked Dickson and Joslin..A real professional could of called Dickson’s camp and said Shane’s will be fighting at 155 not 170lbs and thanks for the offer and I bet you Dickson’s camp would of just said OK and that would of been the end of it and instead again you write stupid stuff and threaten a guy because he tried to book a fight. If you want to get pissed at someone maybe you should of called the promotion since they put out there that they were looking for someone to fight Campbell at 170 not at 155. The bottom line a real professional would of handle everything differently. LOL BTP, Biederman is tough kid and I hope to see him back soon. Any idea on a return?

7. Arnold Horseshack says:

did BTP find GOD over night?

8. Idolmaker says:

Did stp find tact overnight?? Or a brain perhaps???? I will reveal my true identity to you someday std.

9. Shane BTP Mountney says:

His return is SFS Sarnia in Oct…that’s all I can say for now…I will let the Promoter for that Show Woodrow James fill in the blanks…when he’s ready…

10. Arnold Horseshack says:

thanks, i wish the bum good luck! lol just joking

11. GTAfighter says:

SPEAKING OF BUMS, JEWELL IS NOTHING BUT A FRAUD WITH PISS POOR ARROGANT ATTITUDE.HE IS NO GOOD FOR THE SPORT – FROM BACK WHEN HE WANTED TO FIGHT JOSLIN UNTIL TODAY, I HAVE BEEN IN THE SCENE FOR A LONG TIME AND ALL I REMEMBER IS JEWELL TALKING SHIT ABOUT EVERYONE IN MMA IN THE GTA. NOW HE IS TRYING TO BE EVERYONES FRIEND BECUASE HE CANT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT ALLIES.

MUCH RESPECT ALIN- I BELEIVE YOU ARE A GREAT COACH AND WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY THOUGHTS ON JEWELL TOWARDS YOU OR ANY OF YOUR OTHER FIGHTERS, YOU ARE PRODUCING WELL. JUST LIKE SOMEONE SAID EARLIER TAKE OUT THE TRASH. YOU SHOULD STOP STANDING UP FOR A LOW LIFE LIKE JEWELL AND STICK TO YOUR CLASSY FIGHTERS. PLEASE ALIN JUST MY THOUGHTS. MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT.

12. MMA DUDE 5 says:

Who knew so much drama could be started cause a guy did what you’re supposed to do in MMA and tried to Get a fight…. That is what the sport is all about correct me if im wrong though

13. james says:

WHY NOT RYAN VS SHELDON WESCOTT? that could be a good one.

14. james says:

or matt magarth if he wants a fight he is always willing. theres a step up and a guy thats fought who ever, when ever. put that on the score i think he fauth once already for them.

15. mike kent says:

Josh Powell is good fighter with a great all around Game

Joel Powell is a great fighter that fought ufc amd seasoned vet and gave him serious problems. There both extremely legit tough fights for Any one

The Powell bros are very good. Tough everywhere and mentally very tough.

Either Josh or Joel would be an enormous test for any young guy.

Back on topic- very excited for Wilson vs Davis!

17. Alex Caporicci says:

Hello everyone,

I hate adding fuel to the fire, but considering The Score Fighting Series and myself as matchmaker was mentioned, I thought I would give my input.

Let me start by saying that I have nothing but respect for Joslin, Alin, Dickson, Campbell, Jewell and anybody else I’m forgetting.

Jordan fought for me back in the APEX days and he was one of my favorite fighters to watch. He came from a camp I enjoyed working with (who he is no longer with) and came to fight. Unfortunately things went bad with APEX and I could not give him any more fights.

Since then, Jordan has yet to fight (for reasons I am not aware of) but am happy to hear that he wants to fight again and hope we can get him in the cage soon.

But one of the issues the commission has in Ontario is a lack of activity for fighters. For example, we had difficulty getting the Whitlock/Vieira fight approved because Vieira had not been active as much as Lyndon. We finally got it done because Vieira had a fight that wasn’t properly registered in March 2012.

Jordan has not fought since 2006. Dickson has had four professional fights in the last year. This fight will be very difficult to get approved, if we wanted to do it. That being said, I don’t think its the right time for this fight.

Dickson has won four in a row and looking for a step up in competition. I believe we have a very solid opponent for him at our next event after Sarnia. I think he’s at the stage of his career where he will take the next steps to establish himself as a top 170 in Canada. This fight will prove if he’s ready.

Jordan needs to get active again. I assume he has gotten better as a fighter so he will be very dangerous. But I believe he is at a different stage right now than Dickson. If he gets a couple wins on his record, and Dickson has a setback along the way, then this fight makes a TON of sense. Just not right now.

And Shane Campbell is a talented fighter that has the potential to get to the next level. I look forward to see him fight next and hopefully we can help him get to the next level by giving him the opportunities he deserves.

And finally.. nobody has any pull with The Score Fighting Series where they can prevent fighters from getting fights. Not that anybody has tried to. Without guys like Alin, Joslin, Shane, Ryan and the countless others who either fight (or help the fighters) we would not be as successfull.

18. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Well said Alex…

19. Shane BTP Mountney says:

This I why your the best matchmaker in the country….

20. Brett Jewell says:

I felt that in all fairness I should come on here and respond to the comments that have been made in regards to my brother Jordan and myself. I find it very fascinating that myself who has zero fights and Jordan who has been inactive for 6 years could have so many ppl talking about us on a forum that has to do with a promotion in Edmonton but as the saying goes “any press is good press”

To begin Rob A. is a real person and former student of ours. We have not spoken in yrs as he went on to find success in an entrepreneurial project. Just as everyone else is free to draw their own opinions/conclusions from experiences training at different gyms so should he be allowed and has the right to express them. In regards to our short time training fighters we did have great success and only one of our students ended up turning pro and that student was Josh Hill.

In regards to Jordan vs Ryan. Months back there were a couple news paper articles and internet posts that Ryan was having difficulty getting fights and that “NOBODY” would fight him. Well there was somebody who was more than willing to fight him and that was Jordan. This was a couple fights back in Ryan’s career why the fight was never accepted I don’t know. It was not because of The Score or political influences or Jordan and I know for a fact that the fight was offered to Dickson and his camp on the Discipline MMA card and it was not accepted.

As for Jeff’s comments yes we did go there and train and yes we were tapped. As far as I know that is what is suppose to happen in training please correct me if I am wrong. I am a little surprised with Jeff’s comments and that he stooped to those levels I would expect a little more maturity and professional from somebody with his amount of experience in this game. I could very easily mention when we were invited in to come and spar with Ryan and what happened in that training session but I will not and perhaps that has some influence on why the bout with Jordan was never accepted?

As for Ryan every time I have encountered him it has been a pleasure. I wish him all the success in fighting and in life however we just have a different definition of nobody.

I believe Alex summed everything up perfectly that was well said and yes Jordan’s skills have increased since Apex. If he is getting all this attention without stepping in the cage I am excited to see what happens when he does.

For those criticizing Alin you clearly don’t know the man and if you did I would like to see you say half of that stuff to his face. Alin has a huge heart and took Jordan and I in when we had nowhere to go. He has been a great friend and mentor since that time.
    Shane Campbell is an excellent fighter/training partner and an even better person.

If you don’t have the balls to post a comment with your real name attached to it then you show your true character and your comments are irrelevant.

I eagerly anticipate the future and what it has in store for Jordan and his career.

Brett Jewell

21. Thanks for the great posts, @Brett Jewell, @Jeff Joslin, @Alex Caporicci.

22. Arnold Horseshack says:

Brett, you just earned my respect for coming on here and sharing your thoughts. I think what Alex said was fair and I hope Jordan starts fighting again soon so he can get the fights he wants.

Enter to win a pair of tickets to Unified MMA 13 – http://www.facebook.com/unifiedmma.ca?v=app_150794994973742&rest=1

UPDATE: With less than two weeks until Unified 13 and no high level opponent for Shane Campbell, he has been removed from this card

25. Mike Davis says:

Like to say Thank you to Sunny and Unified but also Eric Wilson for taking this fight. 3 weeks to work leg locks is less than ideal but I look forward to this fight and see how I stack up against such a tough test. Eric is an amazing fighter and very tricky to approach and look forward to it. Glad for a chance to try test and prove myself to see where my skill level is at with Wilson.

All I can say is this should be a great fight for both of us and look forward to it. This is going be the fight to watch on this card without a doubt.

UPDATE: Added Anthony Lightning vs. Devon Neville

UPDATE: Steve Dubeck replaces Denny Houle against Johnny Grant and Ryan O’Kurly replaces Spencer Hendricks against Zach Burroughs

28. JohnnyG says:

Just wanted to say its unfortunate my fight against Denny Houle ran into some issues and I was looking forward to that fight!! Also unfortunate thing is that I probably wont ever get the chance as I am planning to go to 170lbs after this fight. I wanted to wish Denny the best of luck with his training and good luck in your next fights! Thanks a lot to Steve Dubeck for taking the fight on such short notice I appreciate him and his camp very much for stepping up in under a weeks notice!

29. AMLEHTC says:

Well said Johnny

30. denny houle says:

Your a class act Johnny I apologize for this really was looking forward to this fight also .thank you and I also wish u luck if u ever wanna try this again I’ll meet you at 185 buddy

31. PUCK says:

Is this still Big Tims show?

32. Idolmaker says:

Was it ever Tim’s show??? I remember sunny doing alot of the work. Think Tim was a name attached to it.

33. smash says:

Winner of Davis vs. Wilson should fight Adrian Wooley at 125. He is ready to go against either one. The Battle for Canadian flyweight Supremacy!

UPDATE:
    Card complete with the addition of Justin Nanaquawetung vs. Tyrone Yukon

35. Tyler Davis says:

Has wooley fought at 125 before?

36. mike kent says:

Bad luck for Johnny Grant, was with dubeck yesterday and i guess dubeck is out as well. Its also on steve dubecks wall on FB .

37. mike kent says:

id take the fight at super sumo weight :) lol

UPDATE: Steve Dubeck and Conrad Gladue out due to injury

39. smash says:

Hey Tyler, Wooley’s entire wrestling career took place at that weight. Currently he is leaning back out, and making 125 won t be a problem.

40. JohnnyG says:

Hoping for a speedy recovery to Steve Dubeck!! FUCK!

41. mike kent says:

sucks Johnny , i hope they find you a replacment fight !