Strikeforce: Kaufman vs Rousey Results: Rousey Armbars Kaufman

Tonight, Strikeforce is at the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, California with a much talked about main event.  The headlining bout features Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey facing former Bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman.  Will Kaufman recapture her crown or will Rousey dispose of Kaufman as she has all the rest of her opposition?

Here are the results:

Main Card
Ronda Rousey submits Sarah Kaufman by Armbar in Round 1, 0:54
Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza defeats Derek Brunson by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:41
Tarec Saffiedine defeats Roger Bowling by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
Anthony Smith submits Lumumba Sayers by Triangle in Round 1, 3:52
Ovince St. Preux defeats TJ Cook by KO (Punch) in Round 3, 0:20

Miesha Tate submits Julie Kedzie by Arm Bar in Round 3, 3:28
Adlan Amagov defeats Keith Berry by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1, 0:48
Germaine De Randamie defeats Hiroko Yamanaka by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Bobby Green defeats Matt Ricehouse by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

44 Responses to “ Strikeforce: Kaufman vs Rousey Results: Rousey Armbars Kaufman ”

1. very good fight between OSP and TJ Cook.

2. Ryan W. says:

Poor Robin lol.

3. Wael Saghir says:

The woman is unbelievable.

4. mike kent says:

Rondas judo and wrestling is incredle everyone talks about the arm bar but the technical intricacies are what make her incredible.

In before the robin black hate circus

5. BDC says:

6. Idolmaker says:

No robin hate here. After a few of these gollum like obsessive posts, he might allow for reasoning…haha. Too bad Sarah couldn’t get off, her loss bothers me more than I thought it would. Good for rousey, one of the most talented and marketable fighters in mma. Wmma won tonight, as it grows closer to entering the mainstream. Regardless of how good the fights aren’t, there’s a place for it.

7. tdot says:

Haha keep flapping Robin. I hope nobody lays bets based on his analysis, cause he wrong alot. haha

8. Idolmaker says:

Let robin be. He’s busy trying to spend the 900 bones he made tonight…haha

9. steve hill says:

robins opinion was very sound , on paper sarah should have won !!!

However just goes to show any doubters ; ronda is not just a pretty face, she is the real deal..she came out with good striking and put sarah where she needed her to be !!!

A fight with cyborg !!! what a fight for all mma fans, that fight may happen in the octagon ???

I just refused to accept that she could really really be that good.

No one really has ever been good enough at one predetermined series of things to be able to do it to one of the best in the world.

But she is.

She really is.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

Its just incredible.

Hey tdot (clearly from the west trying to throw off the scent lol), I put my money where my mouth is.

I go out on limbs, and admit when I’m wrong (and boy was I wrong here!) every time.

I’m willing to reach for my opinion even when there’s risk of extreme foolishness, and I reached this time. And, yep, there’s some foolishness.

But I also got to have this incredible feeling of “holy shitt, it’s real- its real- this woman is for real” last night, and it was incredible.

She’s like a rabid dog with an almost unstoppable offense.

She is Mike Tyson.

I’m sorry but that was absolutely horrible!

What was. My certainty that kaufmann would win or the fight or my haircut or what?

I had Ramdeen over at my place watching.

I was in shock.

I was like “wow, this is real. This fighter really is this good. Maybe she really is unstoppable.”

She is so much like Mike Tyson its uncanny.

Rabid. Shot out of a cannon. Desperate. Very specific skill set. Nearly perfect at a few things, and uses those things exclusively.

I just wouldn’t believe this thing was real, but it is.

The media cries ‘wolf’ on these ‘phenomenons’ so often I guess I’m cynical every time one is trotted out for us now.

But she is a legitimate phenomenon.

14. steve hill says:

she is a litle better looking than mike tyson..and sarah left with both her ears…

The fight was brutal! A step back for womens mma

16. Idolmaker says:

Not for the average fan bkb. Regardless of how the fights are, she’s getting so much recognition it’s insane, and deserved.

17. steve hill says:

guess I watched a different fight….she backed sarah up into the fence wth good striking ,,,and then took her down and put her in a position to put on the arm bar….

Game plan worked against arguably the best fighter in the division…

18. mike kent says:

Yeah I Normally agree with you but don’t see where your coming from here.rondas hands looked way better in the one exchange she through to close the distance that was a nice right hand and then that trip right into mount was very very slick and nice and seemlessly transitioned to armbar . All this against someone who is 15 and 1 . Kaufman never even had a chance to blink and it was done. I consider it a virtouso performance . Pure domination.

Btw I almost always agree with robins predictions or the fight network. He is right a lot but he was just so adament about this one that I had a feeling he would eat his words . His prediction or paper was spot on rousey just showed everyone she’s the real #1 in the world

19. Brandon MacArthur says:

perfect fight by rousey . didn’t give time and space to Sarah.
    got to work right away and won in quick fashion. i really thougt Sarah would be able to win but rousey is that good! can’t wait to see what she can do striking when someone or if someone can keep it standing with her !

20. I was surprised at Kaufman’s footwork. I expected a Jacksonesque gameplan of circling and keeping the distance by the top female striker – especially in the first round.

Instead, Kaufman got hit, did not circle away, and backed into the cage. Rousey made the second best 135er in the world look below average.

It seems to me that strength is the major difference between the elite females, Cyborg and Rousey, and the rest of the pack.

I feel bad for the Queen of Canada. It could have been just a bad night or just a slow start. Based on that performance, I don’t know if she can ever beat Rousey and it’s obvious Rousey is improving tremendously.

21. Jay B says:

Rousey may have been critical towards cyborg and her positive test, but they are both taking same vitamins.
    Cyborg just needs to keep better track of days, half-lives and inquire about the Dolce stack…I mean diet. If soooo many others can do it, so can you…if you want to be one of the best

22. Graham Weenk says:

Rousey looked amazing… in every way, that girl can fight and great for women’s mma didn’t give Sarah a chance to really get set and comfortable in there, furious offense right out the gate

23. I'll say it says:

Cyborg will absolutely smash Rousey, her only chance is if Cyborg drops to 135 and tires and gases. But Cyborg has stated she will not drop to 135, maybe they should do a catchweight at 140,

Either way Cyborg by first round KO, I read a while back that her camp in Brazil has mandatory KO days, which means the only way to finish training is to KO ur partner or you get KOed, and she fights pro men and KO’s them

I’m never gonna doubt Rousey again.

25. Heisenberg says:

Thoughts of rouseys opponents. Don’t get caught in an armbar, don’t get caught in an armbar. Fuck!! She got me with an armbar!!

26. Jamie Locke says:

KO days, that’s rediculous.

27. Heisenberg says:

Lmao. I read somewhere that cyborg dresses up in a spider man costume and jumps from building to building. Has to be true. Just has to be.

28. Graham Weenk says:

KO days? that’s insane. that would take years off the careers of all fighters involved due to concussions.

29. Heisenberg says:

Who gives a fuck bout careers. KO days are clearly so the world can see how crazy cyborg is!

30. I'll say it says:

I also read Heisenberg dresses up like a UFC fighter and likes to be put in the RNC is this true? It has to be it just has to be

31. Heisenberg says:

Oh fuck ya. That’s what I like to do. I also like to take long walks on the beach, but hell that’s enough bout me. Tell us more about u n ur beautiful mind.

32. I'll say it says:

Thanks for clearing it up, now did I day the KO thing was true no I said I read it, did I say it was true no, could it be sure could be, you never know, regardless Cyborg is on a whole different level then any female fighter, Do you remember the hype on another good looking female who seemed to walk through every women so the hype began and it all ended when she stepped in the cage with Cyborg. if you can’t remember it was Gina Carano where is she now? I hear a comeback but really who cares Cyborg ended her career

33. Heisenberg says:

And there u have it. A long useless paragraph full of shit that nobody cares about. Written by what is either a really really big fan of cyborg, or a family member.

34. I'll say it says:

I’m not really a fan of hers just stating the facts, as for me being a family member of Cyborgs ibcould probably say I’m sure that her family does not come on here but you never know.

And looks line you seemed to care what I write, how many times did you check to see if I replied come on be honest I bet you hit the refresh button atleast 5 times

35. Heisenberg says:

U r right again. I’d be lost without you. I need u to be in my life. U r super inlmportant to me.

36. I'll say it says:

Always a good time Robin lol,

38. Idolmaker says:

I wanna see rousey vs Wang!!!!

39. Idolmaker says:

I bet you she could take Wang pretty easily

40. Idolmaker says:

I think if Wang came in big for this bout, rousey can handle a bigger Wang with ease.

41. Heisenberg says:

Yes no Wang is too much Wang go Rousey.

42. Idolmaker says:

Oops did I type Wang? I meant cyborg!!!