One FC 5 – August 31

Date: August 31, 2012
Location: Smart Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Philippines
TV: Internet PPV Р630am eastern time
Tickets:

Fight Card:
Bibiano Fernandes (11-3) vs. Gustavo Falciroli (12-3-2)
Felipe Enomoto (6-4) vs. Eduard Folayang (11-2)
Andrei Arlovski (17-9) vs. Tim Sylvia (31-7)
Jens Pulver (26-16-1) vs. Eric Kelly (7-0)
Tony Bonello (16-1-1) vs. Rolles Gracie (6-1)
Jung Hwan Cha (8-6-1) vs. Igor Gracie (5-2)
Kevin Belingon (9-1) vs. Soo Chul Kim (5-4)
Gregor Gracie (6-2) vs. Nicholas Mann (4-1)
Phil Baroni (14-15) vs. Rodrigo Ribeiro (9-9)
Mitch Chilson (3-1) vs. Shannon Wiratchai (2-0)
Honorio Banario (6-1) vs. Andrew Benibe (4-2)

13 Responses to “ One FC 5 – August 31 ”

1. Donald Duck says:

I’m kind of sad to see Jens listed up there. He’s always been one of my favorite fighters but he’s looking more and more battle scarred each time he goes out.

The rest of the card looks great. Rumor is Big Tim has been training his butt off and is seriously focused….. then again we’ve heard that before.

Donnie from the Block

2. Jamie Locke says:

Andrei Arlovski (17-9), Tim Sylvia (31-7), Jens Pulver (26-16-1), Phil Baroni (14-15)

Are all done IMO… AA has the best chance at another run.

3. Donald Duck says:

I’ve always liked Sylvia. My neighbor was convinced I was a Sylvia fan after seeing me in an old Chute Boxe shirt and saying, he liked Wanderlei but not his brother Tim.

But I digress.

AA has a jaw of spun sugar. I think as the fight goes on and he sweats on it it gets even weaker. Sadly he was, like Tim, considered a world beater for a long while.

I was never a huge Baroni fan until I saw him fight Hose in Icon Sport. He’s one of those guys who has just always lacked a real team around him. I mean no disrespect to Coleman but yelling, “Come on Baby!” and “Take him down!” over and over again isn’t really effective coaching.

Hopefully 1FC can fill the void in my life that Pride left.

Donnie

PS – Don’t even ask what my neighbor had to say when I asked if he was a fan of Pride… :-/

4. K. RASMUS says:

I hate it when I feel sorry for over the hill fighters . I dont think they making much for the damage their taking . Eventually a man has to get a job and work for some assholes and swallow ones pride .

5. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Donald

LOL! Coleman’s corner advice is hilarious to hear, so truthful yet never informative/helpful!

6. Hobnot says:

Is Bibi Canadian yet?

UPDATE: Shinya Aoki moved to One FC 6 on October 6

8. Wow. Arlovski vs Sylvia. I am actually looking forward to that again.

9. BDC says:

That will be very neat to see the change the fighters have made.

10. BDC says:

Is that fight at 265 max?

I want Arlovski pull off the win and see them go for a best of 7 series! lol

12. Jelly says:

I got to train with felipe and yasubey enomoto and when ever one of them fights its going to be a good one! Big fans of those guys.

For those interested in ordering the internet pay-per-view the link has been posted and the event will beginning streaming live at 630am eastern time!