John Alessio Released from UFC

John Alessio has been released by the UFC following his loss to Shane Roller at UFC 148.

Alessio recently tweeted,

“My ufc employment has been terminated, im very upset!! Now what?? I tried so hard to be entertaining that I forgot to just win, this sucks!”

Unfortunately, Alessio, who is 34-11 outside the UFC, is 0-5 inside the Octagon and was deemed expendable by the UFC. In his most recent stint with the world’s top MMA promotion, Alessio lost unanimous decisions to Mark Bocek, at UFC 145, and Roller.

Previous to his latest run with the UFC, Alessio had 10 wins in 11 fights. However, Canada’s ‘Natural’ could not duplicate that success inside the UFC.

16 Responses to “ John Alessio Released from UFC ”

1. Darren Owen says:

That sucks! Keep your head up Johnny, we are all proud of what you’ve accomplished thus far and the great things you’re going to do in the future.

You the man John stay with it man.

It’ll be a great story when you finish two more men in exciting fashion and return and prove what we all know.

All the best to The Natural.

3. Jason Heit says:

Hate to hear that. John brought it, his opponents stalled.

4. Jarvis says:

Keep your head up and keep working hard. You’re a tremendous fighter.

5. Jamie Locke says:

That sucks, let’s see him fight on the Island for AFC D.O!

Bring the Natural home!

6. Having spent some time with John at the Score event, I’m really disapointed to see this. He took a fight on very short notice and was hoping he’d get at least one more shot in the UFC.

7. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Alessio will be back,hes a great talent & i also thought cause one of his loses was a short notice fight helping out the ufc he would get 1 more shot. All he needs is a good matchup to showcase his talent. U could feel his frustration during and after the shane roller fight. i dont even really know John and felt really bad for him,to have the chance to live ur dream & have someone hump u & not even beat u,but just be able to hold u down hurts. Win 2or3 fights the way u win fights john and ull be back

8. HardCore says:

I think the UFC should give him one more chance…at least He 100% came to fight. Keep your head up John..and it just means you need to knock out a few more guys to get another chance…Your still loved by the canadian fans…

9. Donald Duck says:

@ Marcus – I have a lot of respect for John but your comment “Win 2 or 3 fights”. Against who? This is always the problem for guys like John and other people with established names and reputations. You either end up fighting the jack@sses of this sport who don’t take it seriously and get a reputation as a can crusher or you run the risk of signing on with a dark horse.

I’d love to see John back in the UFC but the caliber of opponent he’d have to beat are going to be hard to come by. As per the ‘management’ discussion on another thread his manager is going to have to be working his or her butt off on this one.

10. Kyle Stoltz says:

Bummer about Alessio getting cut, good guy and solid fighter.

He has an amazing manager, his manager works around the clock for his clients. I think we will see John back in the UFC but might take a good solid run of wins.

Well that sucks, too bad. But I unfortunately figured it was coming.

12. Dean Panas says:

Really sucks that John gut cut! Hopefully we get to see him north of the border on a regular basis.

13. Paveldouche says:

Long shitty day at work and then I come home to read this shitty news.

Keep your head up John and you will get that UFC win.

You have too many people behind you to stop now.

14. Don't Call Me Leon says:

You guys are right, this news sucks. I really thought he was going to finish Roller, close to doing so at the end of the 1st and then Roller just stalled rounds 2 & 3! All the best Johnny!

15. I'll Say It says:

Shitty news, I agree with the Duck

16. BEEFSTORM says:

John is my best friend and I have been with him through out his entire career. He will persevere and always does!!! This sport is not forgiving and the ups and downs are too much for most… sucks to say it but I love and hate this sport equally!!!