De Lorenzi Returns to Bellator Following 2 Year MMA Absence


photo by Eric Gaudreault (

After a two year absence from MMA, Guillaume de Lorenzi will make his highly anticipated return to the cage at Bellator 76 on October 12 in Windsor, Ontario.

Two years ago, ‘Il Toro’ was one of the top Canadian Lightweights and was ranked as high as third in the Canadian Lightweight rankings. The 9-1 fighter last fought at Ringside 7 in 2010 where he captured the Ringside Lightweight title. Unfortunately, the promising prospect suffered a serious injury following the fight and it has taken two years for him to make his return.

De Lorenzi’s manager, Joey Benoit commented on his return,

Guillaume’s very happy to come back.  He stopped working last week and started to train full time for his comeback. He will train at Tristar with Firas Zahabi and at Nordik Fight Club with Martin Tremblay.

Currently, there is no word on Guillaume’s Bellator opposition, however, Eddie Alvarez (23-3) vs. Patricky Freire (10-3) has already been named as the main event for the Caesars Windsor card.

3 Responses to “ De Lorenzi Returns to Bellator Following 2 Year MMA Absence ”

  1. Bobby Karimi says:

    This guy is simply a stud! Great signing by Bellator!

    Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

  2. MMAPolice says:


    Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

  3. Idolmaker says:

    Male stripper turned mma promoter, now there’s a stud!

    Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

Leave a Reply

Some HTML is OK