Elite 1 MMA Weigh-In Results

Elite 1 held the weigh ins for their latest event that is set to take place tonight at the Redbull Internet Center in Moncton, New Brunswick. A thank you goes out to Graham Walker from the Moncton commission who was able to send the results in this morning. A few fighters failed to make weight including Nabil Khatib who came in eight pounds overweight. Also Ryan Gallant originally came in at 147 for his match against Dave Spence but did have an hour to drop one pound as the commission allowed the one pound overage.  It is not known if he made the cut at this time. All nine fights will still go on as planned. Top MMA News will be in attendance tonight to give you the results as the they happen.

TV: Click Here to buy Internet PPV

Pro MMA

170lbs- Richard Arsenault (170.2) vs. Ricky Goodall (170.2)
***for Arsenault’s Elite 1 MMA Welterweight title

170lbs- Nabil Khatib (178.8)* vs. Matt MacGrath (170)

160lbs- Eric St-Pierre (159.4) vs Jesse Ronson (160)

185lbs- Todd Henry (184.4) vs. Matt DesRoches (183.80)

145lbs- Ryan Gallant (147) * vs. Dave Spence (145.6)

155lbs- Stpehen Clement (155) vs Nick Guay (154.8)

Amateur MMA

135lbs- Curt Ferguson (135.6) vs. Luke Noel (138)*

145lbs- Mitchell Rogers (143.6) vs. Mike Thorne (146.2)

185 lbs – Dean Searing (190)* vs. Jeremy Misken (185) .

*Missed weight

27 Responses to “ Elite 1 MMA Weigh-In Results ”

1. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

8 fucking pounds! Fuck me!

2. Donald Duck says:

He’s probably wandering around right now looking for a haircut without the least amount of shame in missing weight. Seriously commissions need to start shutting guys down for doing this. Matt most likely spent the day sweating his balls of getting down to 170 (him and Tubby Bill are about the same size) while Tubby Bill barely works.

Shameful, seriously shameful. This is yet another example of why having people who don’t fight or aren’t closely involved in MMA regulating it is a bad idea. If you’ve never seen or experienced a cut and the results you just don’t understand how much of an impact this can have.

3. Oilcity says:

Must off been training with th SHOW!! Very sad War Macgrath!!

4. K. RASMUS says:

if a fighter is more than 3 pounds over weight , the fight should be canceled . THEIR is just to much disadvantage for the fighter who suffered and made his cut . Their HAS to be a high standard of professionalism upheld . Any more than 1 weight miss a fighter should be mandatorily moved up a weight division. When someone misses weight everyone gets jipped ,except the sucker who wasn’t professional .

5. Donald Duck says:

I think it depends on the circumstances. If your cut goes amazingly bad and its the first time in 4+ fights that you miss then maybe there is some leniency but if it is habitual and always a significant amount then, well that’s why MMA has weight classes.

Again, when you have career politicians and lawyers running the regulations stuff like this (which is critical) can slip through the cracks. I’m not saying commissions aren’t well intentioned but could you imagine if you had a guy with a Track and Field or Pro Wrestling background regulating hockey?

Man, that’s terrible. There has to be some serious enforcement of this stuff if MMA wants to be taken seriously. Recidivists need to be dealt with.

7. BDC says:

Commissions should have a no fight 5 lb rule and a much higher than the normal 20% to the other fighter, at least 50% for missing at all.

8. mike kent says:

i know matt always cuts a good ammount of weight some fights upwards of 15-20 pounds so for him to have to go through that and then his opponent shamefully missing by that large a margin is bad ! im hope size,endurance or durabilty doesnt make a difference in the fight and or effect the outcome negetavly

9. Nabil says:

Calm down down guys. I made weight at 171. They weighed me in prior to the photos because I was very dehydrated. They did an “official” weigh in for pictures and the commission announced the weight after I rehydrated a bit. Mat Macgrath already knows all about it. I worked very hard to make weight and I did.

I have more respect than that.

Thank you.

10. Nabil says:

I’ve had 19 pro fights, missed weight twice. Only by a hair. This will be cleared up shortly.

11. mike kent says:

Well in that case sorry and have a good fight lol

12. Gofak Urself says:

So if a fighter doesn’t make weight, does that mean you are not gonna watch the fight or care about the result? Only an opponent has any reason to complain, not screen names who have never cut weight, besides sitting on the toilet. You guys whine more than a PMSing chick

13. Nabil says:

Lol, that’s funny but true. Cutting weight is not an easy task especially when you cut 25-30lbs as I do on a regular basis each fight. But I did it.
    I can understand people getting upset over not making weight which is why I try extremely hard and meet my goals.

Believe me when Showtime came in over weight by as much as he did, it was pretty upsetting to say the least!

This commission was a little confused that’s all.

Nabil Khatib

14. mike kent says:

Its Gonna be great fight . Two great guys , one of the best match ups to come to maritimes

15. David Letourneau says:

When Nabil mentioned will Romero gave him some advise on how he makes weight I kind of figured this was what he meant.

16. Sean Quinn says:

So… you were allowed to weigh in before the official weigh ins? That seems very, um, odd…

17. Graham Walker, head of the Nova Scotia commission, reconfirmed with Derek Leblanc that Nabil weighed in at 178 at the official weighins.

18. just laughable says:

So Keith did you just give us permission t laugh a Nabil again??????? Excuses for everything we seee. Sad as all he does is deminish his what was respectible self and not to mention lowers everyone that trains under him/

19. Nabil says:

That’s ok, it’s all ok. The commission already knows what happened, the promoter knows what happened. I got no deduction from my pay. Their mistake not mine. All I know is I made weight, they accepted, promoter paid me correctly.

Thanks Matt Macgrath also knows. All I care about

And Keith maybe you should speak to the promoter and they will give you the correct story.

20. Nabil says:

David Latourneau, Will never gave me advise on weight cutting, he makes a shake with kale. All I said was I learned how to make a kale shake from Will. Don’t where your story came from.

For Sean Quinn:

Some commission will allow you to weigh in early because a person is in rough shape from the cut.Which I was. They allowed me to weigh in. Accepted it. So I re-hydrated.

The promoter already admitted their mistake, not mine. I am and always have been professional in this sport. ‘m not going to change now.

21. Donald Duck says:

@ Gofak – I count at least 5 people (not including Nabil) on this post thread who have cut weight in the past. I think there is enough first hand knowledge on this discussion.

@ Nabil – A commission allowed you to weigh in ahead of the set time? Bravo for you but it once again shows what I was talking about, when people who haven’t fought run commissions sh*t is allowed to slide. How would you feel if you had a rough cut and had stayed dry right up to the set time of weigh in just to find out that your opponent had weighed in 3 hours earlier.

Donnie

22. Nabil Khatib says:

@Donald Duck

I would have no problem with that as long as the commission witnessed and weighed you. NO problem at all. All I did is what the commission allowed me to do. Along with the promoter.

23. David Letourneau says:

Excellent point Donnie, After a rough 21 lb cut If I was told my opponent has already rehydrated 2 hours earlier I would be questioning the validity of the commission who let it happen.

24. Donald Duck says:

Happened in my first fight actually. The scum bag promoter told the out of town guys that weigh ins were at 11 but told his fighters the real time of 1pm. Sat around in a room for two hours dry as f**k waiting for the weigh ins.

Nabil, I’m not so sure you’d have “no problems” with it and even if you were okay with it I can’t see your coach and corners being okay with it. You’ve been kicking around this sport long enough to know that an additional 2 hours of rehydrating can be a huge advantage.

I dunno, maybe you were so tired from your cut you didn’t notice but the commission sure as sh*t should have cared. If not then f**k it everyone should just be allowed to call their weight in from their hotel room.

Donnie

25. Sean Quinn says:

If i was given the same option Nabil was given, i would have done it too.
    With that said, that option should not have been given, it is unfair to ALL of the other fighters and incredibly amateurish.

26. Nabil Khatib says:

I would have had no problem waiting till 3pm, along with everyone else but the commission AND the promoter allowed it. Simple as that.I agree that the commission should be more consistant but what can I do if that’s what they allowed. I persoanlly thing once the scale is up, everyone should be allowed to weigh in. As long as the commission and the fighetrs all agree which I’m sure they all would. Pictures and other things can be done later.

27. Big Boi says:

Shaddy game was played, but since it didn’t seem to help Khatib in the fight, we shouldn’t worry about it to much.