Ronson vs Ricci Set for August 25th

*SCORE FIGHTING SERIES PRESS RELEASE)

TORONTO, July 25th 2012 – Two of the most dynamic strikers in The Score Fighting Series are on a collision course, with Alex Ricci set to go head-to-head with Jesse “The Body Snatcher” Ronson on Saturday, August 25th in Hamilton, Ontario.

Alex Ricci (photo: Peter Chatterton)

Ricci (5-0) from Woodbridge, Ontario will take his undefeated record into the cage against heavy-handed London, Ontario native Ronson (9-2).  This dream match-up has MMA fans abuzz over what will happen when two of the most dangerous young fighters in the sport finally meet in the cage.

Ronson is a seasoned combat sports veteran who honed his lethal hands and feet while racking up wins in MMA, kickboxing and boxing.  He has finished more than half his fights via KO/TKO and is currently riding a four fight win streak.  He trains in his hometown at Adrenaline MMA alongside some of Canada’s top fighters, including WEC veteran Chris Horodecki and current UFC fighters Sam Stout, Mark Hominick and Chris Clements.

Ricci is the definition of a striker and, although he has only five MMA fights on his record, has made a big impact in a very short period of time.

Ricci countered with his own prediction. “Jesse’s a great fighter, and that’s why I asked for this fight. I’m particularly interested in him because we’re both strikers and I want to prove that he’s not on my level. I’m well rounded and very

Jesse Ronson (photo: Jason Bouwmeester)

confident everywhere in this one, but I really want to stand with him and prove who is the best. I’ve knocked out every one of my opponents and I’ll be looking to knock Ronson out as well. ”

Other fighters confirmed for the card include Elias Theodorou, Jason Meisel, Ryan Dickson, Jason Saggo, Adam Assenza and Rory McDonell.  Opponents for all will be announced shortly, pending match-up approvals by the Ontario Athletics Commission.

Every fight on the card will be streamed live on theScore.com and, for the first time ever, fights from the main card will be carried live on theScore Television Network starting at 9:00pm EST.

Tickets start at $30 and are on sale now at the Copps Coliseum box office and online at www.ticketmaster.ca.

21 Responses to “ Ronson vs Ricci Set for August 25th ”

1. Brodes says:

This fight is so good that I might travel from Ottawa to see this card.

I got you and your wife’s first beers at the afterparty if you guys come down.

That goes double for harry balls if he makes it.

3. topmmafan says:

what about for topmmafan Robin…lol

We’ll do some shots then as well.

Really looking forward to calling these crazy fights.

5. woodrow says:

WOW what a scrap!!!

6. Jeff harrison says:

First one to get hit on the chin loses

Thanks, Robinho. I will bring my life partner perhaps. Never been to Hamilton.

8. BodySnatcher says:

Bahahah first one hit on the chin loses. Unlike most other fighters/people I can take a punch. It’ll take more than one. Can’t wait

9. pat kean says:

That’s right Ricci. Just worry about your chin. Don’t worry about the body shots.

10. Jeff Harrison says:

With 36 pro Thai fights and a 100% win/ KO ratio I don’t know if testing the chin against a guy like Ricci is smart… Needless to say you are beasts, I am a huge fan of both, especially after that fight in Sarnia vs Hervey and Alex’s last KO respectively. Can’t wait for this match. I’ll stick with my prediction.. which is someone is getting KTFO.

11. Love the fight.

I think Ricci will try to take down Ronson and test him on the canvas.

12. Idolmaker says:

I like this fight and both fighters. I’ve got Jesse winning this one, but could easily go either way. Was hoping this fight would be announced I would love to see it live.

13. booboo says:

MAN I LOVE THAT RONSON FELLOW , BUT , I GOT RICCI ON THIS 1 AND DONT FOLLOW MY LEAD I CANT PICK A WINNING FIGHTER TO MY ASS!

14. proud novice says:

Ronson looked mentally weak against the other Ricci in Montreal I don’t know how well he handles pressure I guess well see.
    His words in the story is talking about how he doesn’t want to lose doesn’t sound so confident I think he’s getting koed.

15. HardCore says:

This maybe the best fight night ontario has ever seen..Congrats to the matchmaker.. It is going to be a great night. There is going to be some blood, great KO’s by Whitlock, Ronson or Ricci & Submissions with with Dickson in the line up. Pure raw talent and future UFC fighters without a doubt..My predictions on future UFC fighters coming out this show (within 2 yrs) …Josh Hill 135lbs (big test and his biggest test so far..the good news he is getting better and better every fight and has outstanding training partners. Ryan Dickson 170 He has all the tools and has finish all his fights so far. Lyndon Whitlock 145lbs continues to grow as a fighter and according to close sources is being trained by Gavin Hesson former undefeated fighter turn coach because of injuries..according to several fighters Gavin has potential to be Canada’s next top coach, amazing work habits..and lastly I potentially think Jesse Ronson or Ricci may get the call from the UFC as well. all depends who beats who! The bottom line, it is going to be amazing night.

16. Shane BTP Mountney says:

I disagree BooBoo…I think Ronson will walk right through Ricci…I predict Ronson by KO in 2nd…;)

17. smash says:

I agree BTP, Why is everyone underestimating Ronson!!!

18. Jordan Small says:

Great fight! Very excited for this card.

*slow claps for Caporicci*

19. BodySnatcher says:

I like when people under estimate me. More people who’s mouths will be closed when I win. @keith: I think he tries to take me down too even though he claims to want to stand. I say bring the take down we’ll see if you can get me down and keep me there lol 1 month in brazil won’t change a thing for his game. As for being mentally weak against the other ricci that was very true. I was at a difficult spot in my life the cut didn’t go well neither did the recover. Training wasn’t right but I’m day and night different from when I fought mike. The jesse ronson today would finish the jesse ronson who fought mike faster then he did.

20. Rob says:

Wow. Another great fight. This card is going to be great. I’ve got the Body Snatcher by TKO and the Haggis Basher by Triangle!

21. MMA Fan says:

Gonna have to give this one to Ricci – showing that his time fighting in Thailand was money well spent!