UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao – Quick Results – Carvalho, Jimmo and Ring Victorious

UFC 149 goes down tonight from the Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta. Here are the quick results.

Renan Barao defeats Urijah Faber via Unanimous Decision (50-45,50-45,49-46) ***Barao Wins the Interim UFC Bantamweight Title***

Tim Boetsch defeats Hector Lombard via Split Decision (29-28,29-28,28-29)

Cheick Kongo defeats Shawn Jordan via Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)

James Head defeats Brian Ebersol via Split Decision (29-28,29-28,28,29)

Matt Riddle submits Chris Clements via Arm Triangle @ 2:02 of Rd3

Nick Ring defeats Court McGee via Unanimous Decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)

Francisco Rivera defeats Rolnd Delorme via TKO @ 4:19 of Rd1

Ryan Jimmo defeats Anthony Perosh via KO @ :07 of Rd1

Bryan Caraway submits Mitch Gagnon via Rear Naked ChokeĀ @ 1:39 of Rd3

Antonio Carvalho defeats Daniel Pineda via KO @ 1:11 of Rd1

Anton Kuivanen defeats Mitch Clarke via Split Decision (29-28,29-28,28-29)

41 Responses to “ UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao – Quick Results – Carvalho, Jimmo and Ring Victorious ”

1. Stenson Stark says:

Classic Carvalho. Amazing!

The only thing more beautiful than Carvalho’s fighting performance was his awesome display of his personality and spirit after.

What a great true martial artist.

3. Sean McManus says:

Tony looked amazing…WAR Gagnon now!!!

Mitch fough hard and looked really really good against a very tough guy.

Proved he belongs there for sure.

I hope he’s proud of how hard he fought.

Great job Mitch.

TAKE THAT JIMMO HATERS.

Congrats Jimmo. Way to go man. So awesome to see.

So happy to see that.

6. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmmooooooooooooooooooooo!

How cool was THAT!

8. Oilcity says:

Holy shit, wow!!!!! Jimmos the man!!!

9. nightmare says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 19

10. Ryan W. says:

Jimmo is the shit, war Maritime MMA!

11. Brazil Combat says:

Awesome fight Mitch!! Be proud of your performance!!

Ebersole fight was a snore.

13. Anti-Redneck says:

Those Calgary judges are just as dumb and ignorant as the Calgary fans. All of them need to learn how to score and watch a mma fight. Maybe they should stick to rodeo and cow turds. Shameful, the UFC will not be back

What a disappointing main card. Too many guys pulling out? Hate on the fans all you want; that was pretty unimpressive.
    And I am no fight genius (duh), but Faber had to know he was way behind. Swing for the fences in the 5th when you’ve lost every single round.

15. booboo says:

THE MAIN CARD WAS PRETTY SAD BUT, THE FREE SHIT WAS AWSOME AND GAGNON LOOKED GREAT IN THE 1ST AND GASED REALLY QUICK LOOKED VERY DRAINED BUT PUT UP A GREAT FIGHT . I DONT WHO THE FUCK THE REDNECK IS ( YOUR A DUMB ASS ) BUT BY THE ROAR OF THE CROWD DURING THE PRELIMS (FUCKN AWSOME ) CALGARY FANS CAN AND WILL GET ANOTHER UFC CARD FOR SURE . OUR BOYS DID FANTASTIC AND PROPS TO THE CANADIANS THEY ALL SHOULD BE PROUD , ATLEAST NO CANADIAN GOT HURT AND PULLED OUT LIKE EVERY BIG HIGH PROFILE FIGHTER ON THIS CARD. THEY ALL SHOULD BE PROUD . GAGNON YOU SIR ARE STILL A BEAST AND EVEN IF YOU LOSE YOU NEXT 3 FIGHTS , I WILL STILL BE THERE ROOTING YOU ON SIR , IN MY BOOK THAT WAS FIGHT OF THE NIGHT BUT MITCH CLARK PUT UP 1 HELL OF A FIGHT ALSO. CONGRATES TO ALL THE CANADIAN FIGHTERS ON THIS CARD , IF IT WASNT FOR YOU GUYS THIS CARD WOULD HAVE BEEN DOG SHIT. THE BEST PRELIM FIGHTS I HAVE SEEN SO FAR AND IT WAS FREE . AS FOR JIMMO , THAT WAS THE MOST EXCITING 7 SECONDS I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM YOU , FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE 1ST UFC FIGHT VERY AGRESSIVE OUT THE GATE GREAT JOB AND I LIKED THAT ROBOT SHIT YOU DID TOO CONGRATES SIR AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU FIGHT AGAIN , GREAT NIGHT OF FIGHTS IF YOU TAKE OUT THE MAIN CARD ! ( CLEMENTS WILL BE BACK BETTER THEN EVER )

16. booboo says:

OH YA LOMBARD WHAT A JOKE VERY OVERATED !!

17. Jerobe says:

Nick Ring by UD lol lol lol. Unreal.

18. booboo says:

CONGRATS TO GAGNON AND JIMMO YOU BOTH DESERVE THAT 65000 BONUS 2 FIRST TIMERS WITH 2 BIG ASS CHECKS FANTASTIC DEBUT FROM BOTH !!

19. Oilcity says:

Edmonton better get a show before Calgary gets another, Calgary fans suck!! Lol Canadian fighters kick ass saved the show Prelims rocked Clements and faber fight were great, other 3 fights on main card were disgusting so disapointed in lomard I expected more from him. Silva would destroy him

20. Konrad says:

Pre Lims were awesome glad to have been there live. Very disappointed in the boos from everyone. Mitch did great (both of them) but pretty sure gagnon loss was in the 3round and Jimmo impressed tonight let’s hope he keeps it up!! And looking forward to a Cruz vs barao fight next

21. After Clements, the main card was not good at all. Calgary fans were fine.

22. true mma fan says:

I agree that the main card sucked. The booing was still un called for. I cant see ufc coming back to calgary anytime soon and if anything should go to edmonton. Would sell out in seconds. But i would of rather payed 60 for a ticket to afc or unified or hell i hate mfc but i would of rather payed them 200 for a seat then the ufc for a fight card that was the same caliber in my books.

23. Jake - JHEG says:

Interesting card last night! I thought the prelims were worth the watch and the rest could of easily of been a free Fight Night. I always like to see guys like Uriah throw down but nothing in that fight except for a few flying Barao flying knees were exciting. My thoughts overall:

Mitch Clarke: Warrior! I think if he can get his conditioning to go the full three, that fight could of gone in his favor. His reversals were great and that armbar in the 1st was so close. He’s proven he has the skills to hang in there…and I think his training with The Lab has shown immensely with this last fight.

Jimmo: Wow…that’s all I can say. All I know is that his training with the Blackzillians has to be paying off. He looked like a lion stalking Perosh across the Octagon. I haven’t seen him that aggressive since he smelled blood and had Wilson Gouveia in the corner trying to finish him. If that’s what “aggressive Jimmo” looks like…all I know is that he could of spent a hell of a lot of less time in the ring over his last 16 fights instead of letting them go to decision. Unreal.

Carvalho: Class act. You could see with his emotions afterwards he was nothing but passion. Pineda needs to take some time off. He was 2-0 in the UFC and took two short notice fights as favors and lost both. He’s fought four times in 2012 so far.

Gagnon: Total bad ass. Loved watching him fight. But Rogan was right, blood took over in the muscles and left him with no oxygen. Tough dude though, kept brawling until the end. Caraway was a vet and it showed.

Ring: I like Nick and have always been a fan. Last night worried me. I actually had Court winning that fight but after a lot of people pointed out that they thought he wrapped up rounds one and two, i’ll have to go back and watch it again. Rogan said a lot by saying “hometown decision” though and either way, I don’t see him being a threat in the MW division right now.

Kongo and Jordan was boring as hell and I think Lombard had first time Octagon jitters. Don’t know how else to explain it but he didn’t look himself at all last night.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Got up, had some coffee and felt like writing.

^ The Ring deal , too. Forgot that. I’m totally <3<3<3 for him. but I could have easily seen the decision going to McGee.
    There has been some interwebz buzz about the fans , but you know what? They're paying for something. There should never be an attitude that sports fans should be 'grateful' to have the UFC (or baseball,hockey etc. for that matter) in their town. The main card was not spectacular and it was outright disappointing at times. Hope they come back with a better card for the fans in Cowtown.

25. UFC 149 says:

Barao does present interesting challenges because they are stylistically similar. Both excel on the ground, but Faber’s stand up is better than Barao’s. I think we are going to see Faber pepper Barao with punches early to wear him out before taking things to the ground late. Visit this cagefighterz.com to learn more

26. Bigtoe says:

I forgot there are not bad fans in Edmonton! The Calgary sucks thing from Edmonton people is getting old… For the record, there were a ton of Edmonton folk at the fights! I was on the floor and there were a ton of guys booing with Oil jersey’s on!

The main card was garbage through and through! The prelims delivered on all levels and for the record the stadium was mostly full from start to finish, that says a lot about ALBERTA MMA fans!

Keep your chin up Edmonton I’m sure the UFC has you on their radar! Also, I still need people to weld shit for me, so you should be able to afford your tickets! Ha!

27. LMJ says:

Way to go my boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Priest says:

I didn’t watch the fight, but congrats to Antonio Ryan,and Nick, great job

29. Idolmaker says:

I thought perosh dominated the round up until the knockout

HAHAHA!

31. alandale says:

UFC won’t come to Edmonton while the ECSC circus run by Pat Reid is still in town. That’s the reason they went to Calgary in the first place.

32. Idolmaker says:

Oh snap is that why they went to Calgary. I heard that Dana had a pair of wranglers that were collecting dust in his closet!

33. Matthew says:

LOL @ Alan Dale. There can’t be much left on that axe you’re grinding away…

Zuffa had planned to bring WEC to Calgary however they ran into scheduling conflicts with booking the Saddledome and subsiquent locations in Calgary were unable (for one reason or another) to meet the requirements of the event so they went to Edmonton on kind of short notice.

Zuffa doesn’t give a flying poop who’s in the commission since they almost always do things the way they want to (which are world class for the record) whereever they go. Look at how well Calgary’s closed weigh ins policy was handled by the UFC. There was the current chair and (now I could be wrong but that looked like Dale K from Cree River fame) up on stage doing weigh ins.

They go where the money is and frankly Calgary is the bigger market with the deeper pockets.

34. Mike Free says:

Nick Ring lost that huge the last round was close to 10-8.

Does anyone else think Nick lost???

35. MMA Nuts says:

Dale K was there an honestly when you see him you will have choas.

Hes a dick

36. alandale says:

@ Matthew. Mark Ratner seems to share my opinion. Good enough for me.

37. Donald Duck says:

That doesn’t change the fact that Zuffa goes where Zuffa wants to go. Hell when they wanted into BC they worked with the local groups and appeared before City Hall (some of us are big enough dorks to have watched the live feed that day). Pat may be a clown but if there was enough of a market there Zuffa would be there in a heart beat.

Donnie

38. Donald Duck says:

@Matthew – Where did you hear the story about the WEC and Calgary? I thought Edmonton was always the choice.

39. the dude says:

both mitch clarke and mitch gagnon fought awesome fight. they both proved their skills,heart and determination earning my respect and admiration for what they are about