Canadian Rumour Mill – July 16

Wow.  It sure has been hot in Canada this past week.  It’s finally cooling off but it will heat up again in Calgary next weekend.  I will be there to cheer on our Canadian boys and maybe wrestle some Cow-Town cowboys. :)

• Well, No decision has been made by Perez about a return to the cage. He could fight for AFC, SFS, or not fight at all. All depends on if Perez is willing to go through a hard training camp while training for a new career and if a promotion will make it worth his while.
  • Look for the Score Fighting Series to hold an event on August 25th in Hamilton. I’m hearing Josh Hill will be on this show, with Chris Horodecki and Will Romero also possibly appearing. The Score is also looking at Nov 23, again in Hamilton. BUT this is SFS and these are just rumours, so you never know.
  • Chris Stranger will return to the ring after nearly a year and appear on the Winnipeg SFS show.
  • Bellator is looking to return to Canada on Saturday, Oct 6th in Windsor and Friday, Nov 2nd at Casino Rama.
  • Also, it’s very probable that Ryan Ford will be in the Bellator Welterweight tournament next season.  No date or opponent at this time for the Real Deal.
  • Quick Freedom Fights (Oct 27th) update. Two tentative fights: Blake Nash vs Aaron Basso and Mitch Fryia vs Derek MacDonald. How bout some Craig “Wardog” Hudson or Brent Fryia, Pete Rodley?
  • As of right now, Gary Mangat will not be joining Kultar Gill this time on the SFL card in India.
  • Maybe The Black Prince should contact Tyson Griffin to be Spencer’s first opponent on the October MFC show.
  • Is Chad Freeman still the KOTC LW champ? Regardless, Freeman is dying to get into a Canadian cage against top competition.  What’s the hold up??? Opponents? Money? Location?
  • Woodrow… does Meltdown in the Valley return to the RBC Centre in Sarnia on September 29th ?
  • Show Stealer Lenny Wheeler made his decision to join the growing 145lbs division of Aggression FC. Hopefully we’ll see Wheeler make his AFC debut on the AFC/Unifed super show in October, or sooner…
  • I’m hearing a few guys have been asked to be the first challenge to Mike Davis and his Unified Flyweight Championship. Quite a shallow pool of guys to draw from, especially if you want an opponent that’s coming off a win.
  • Look for many of the AFC/Unified “Invasion” show to feature fighters from one of the promotions battling it out with fighters from the other. Some of the names being tossed around other than what’s already on Top MMA News are:  Shane Campbell, Merrick Duggan, Nick Dragich, and Robbie Merrill.
  • Are we going to see Kurt Southern and Dave Mazany  in the AFC cage?
  • A new group is planning a possible show in Brampton, Ontario on Saturday, Nov 10th.
__________________
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

26 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – July 16 ”

1. jarvis says:

Rumor is that Wreck MMA is returning to Gatineau on November 9th at the Casino Lac- Leamy. They always put on a good show here

2. Rumors says:

I here Craig “the Wardog” Hudson is making his long awaited Pro Boxing debut in Sept.

3. Just Sayin' says:

Freeman can’t be ‘dying to get in the ring’. If he was, he wouldn’t wait over a year to defend his title. I am sure there is a large pool of 155’ers willing to step up.

4. BFM says:

Just saying find somebody to make it happen, it was not Freemans fault he hasn’t defended his title

5. Feeman says:

I faught 6 months ago in sanmanuel California for a shot at the kotc world title! I am the kotc Canadian champ and am challenging any 155 er that holds a title in Canada for there title! I am no longer under contract with kotc.

6. Freeman says:

I have nothing but respect for anyone that steps in the cage.i want to fight in oct and am willing to sign a multi fight deal! Unfortunately kotc doesn’t hold enough fights in a year to keep me active.

7. topmmafan says:

Does Feeman, I mean Freeman have two separate accounts on here? lol, easy bud.

Chad Freeman vs. Tim Smith

9. BFM says:

That would ve a great fight Cody and makes sense

10. Chris Ladouceur says:

Where /when is wardog gonna box…I may know somone willing to educate him on the finer points of striking.

11. Just Sayin' says:

Cody, is that a for sure fight? What happens to Freemans kotc lw belt then if he doesn’t want to fight in kotc? Feeman/Freeman KOTC has plenty of fights. I think you’re making excuses. Defend your kotc belt first before trying to take other fighters belts.

No, I was just making a suggestion! I would assume if Freeman is no longer under contract with KOTC, as he said in his above post, that the title becomes vacant and is up for grabs.

13. Freeman says:

I’m not making excuses I’ll fight anyone they put infront of me! Bring it on!

14. Idolmaker says:

Who would you recommend for war dog Chris?

himself :)

16. Demitri (trev) says:

Hate to say it but I think the reason war dog gets no love is because of his manager hyping him up. To bad but I guess that’s what you have to do to get fights

17. Jeff Harrison says:

Score Show is going to be awesome! Can’t wait for our teenaged killa to get out there and fight!

18. Idolmaker says:

Haha silly of me I should have known. Thanks bkb!

19. woodrow says:

hmmmm, sounds like a good date for an event!!!!

20. Rumors says:

Fraser vs Hill SFS….yeeeesssss!!!!!

21. Chris Ladouceur says:

No dissrespect to War Dog, I have never met him nor have I seen him fight. I am currently getting back into shape before the Zombie Appocalyspe( SERIOUSLY) I will not be fighitng anytime soon. If I am ready by Christmas and we are not under attack I would gladly welcome a boxing match against him and some others. If we are under attack to those of you I have PM on facebook keep those co-ordinates quiet we only have provisions for 6 months!!!!

22. Shane BTP Mountney says:

No Rumor …Craig is making his Pro Boxing Debut in Sept….
    Craig was 10-0 as amateur and 2010 Golden Gloves champ…all wins except 1 by ko…4 by body shot…we plan 2 boxing fights and 2 more mma fights by end of year …barring injury…if this happens the WarDog will have fought 9 fights in a year….just stayin busy…the way he likes it…

23. downbytheriver says:

Fighting and not training, just the way BTP likes it!

24. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Yeah cause he’s not training …training everyday clown…

25. Idolmaker says:

Meep meep meep…

26. Chris Ladouceur says:

Shane … do not I repeat do not listen to haters. Would I fight War Dog…YES does that mean I think he sux…NO Where is he fighitng? when? cuz I sould be ready by mid Dec maybe sooner. My Stats with boxing…lets say I am considerably more experienced that Mr Dog. If all goes well for me I will give him the respect he is due and would gladly face him in the ring. All the best to you and Craig.