Aggression FC 11 – Winnipeg – September 15

Date: September 15, 2012
Location: Winnipeg Convention Centre in Winnipeg, MB
TV:  Internet PPV
Tickets: Ticketmaster

Main Event:
185lbs- Joe Doerksen (48-16) vs. Kalib Starnes (12-7)

140lbs- Curtis Brigham (10-5) vs. Matt Trudeau (2-0)
170lbs- Tyson Steele (8-1) vs. Jarod Milko (5-1)
135lbs- Agostino DeNatale (2-1) vs. Chucky Mady (5-7)
145lbs- Yoon Heo (5-7) vs. Dominick Blais (8-5)
145lbs- Dwight Sutherland (5-3) vs Jon Henderson (1-1)
135lbs- Louis Fisette (4-1) vs. Allan Munroe (4-3)
160lbs- Mark Durant (2-2) vs. Joe Keesick (3-3)
155lbs- Corey Houston (4-2) vs. Tristan Connelly (2-3)
170lbs- Mariusz Ksiazkiewicz (1-0) vs. Dejan Kajic (2-1)
140lbs- Sarah Moras (2-1) vs. Christina Barry (0-0)
170lbs- Martin Trendota (2-0) vs. Chris Jones (3-2)

178 Responses to “ Aggression FC 11 – Winnipeg – September 15 ”

1. set it up says:

I have a 135er licensed if you need to step in. Pay flight for him and corner. From Ontario but he’s a killer and ready too shine. Who’s the matchmaker??

2. SET IT UP says:

Got a licensed 135er that will step in if you need?… Who’s the matchmaker?

3. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Darren Owen is the matchmaker for this event.

4. SET IT UP says:

how do i contact him?

5. Update: Kyle Oliveira will not be fighting on the card. Removed Noah Ali and K.O.

6. the truth says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 25

7. Shane BTP Mountney says:

A little harsh there I think…@the truth…the card is actually pretty good IMO…the peg fans will enjoy the fights to be sure!

8. cavemanbully says:

why was Kyle Oliveira’s fight taken off?

9. Tyler Davis says:

Lol what are you talking about this card is stacked. Sad Noah’s fight was taken off really was looking forward to that

10. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

This is looking to be an excellent card. Looking forward to it.

11. Jamie Locke says:

I don’t know who “the truth” is but in all my dealings with Darren he’s been an awesome guy. Always honest, treats fighters great (when they show up and do their job) and puts on great shows again and again.

Everyone I know that deals with Darren here in BC would say the same.

12. Darren Owen says:

Awesome my first public hater. @the truth the only thing I have a problem with what you said was that I don’t know how to treat fighters. I’ve probably personally dealt with about 250 fighters and I’ve only had an issue with Wedderburn… That I know of. I’ve given every fighter respect, I’ve given them pay days, opportunities, advice, and my time. I’ve put my heart and soul into this sport and to say I don’t know how to treat fighters is BS!

13. Brad Wall says:

Darren, has always been a great person to deal with and treats the athletes and fighters very well!

14. Idolmaker says:

Its all good Darren, people say crazy shit when they GRIND 22/7!!!

15. Brad Wall says:

He also treats the coaches well!

16. Shane BTP Mountney says:

And just because he’s a ginger and has no soul…does not mean that he doesn’t know how to treat fighters…;)

17. Gossip Queen says:

@Cavmanbully

You can find out why Kyle Oliveira vs Noah Ali is off by reading my column this week.

Gingers to da werl!

19. Update: Added Sarah Moras vs Christina Barry to the card as per Sarah’s tweet.

20. cavemanbully says:

thanks gossip queen for the answer to my question but i’m curious now and i’m hoping when the manitoba commission decides to suspend a fighter when they find out he/she has been ko’d 3 times in a year whether in a fight, training, car accident or training that they must provide some kind of proof that you were in fact knocked out 3 times as Kyle’s pretty animate that he’s only been ko’d once this year. Hoping their not going on word of mouth and are going on medical records or something concrete that kyle suffered 3 knock outs

21. @cavemanbully…. it is not 3 KOs, it is 3 concussions in a year.

22. cavemanbully says:

thanks keith yes 3 concussions but how do they find out ? i’m hoping they dont go on word of mouth, you know i’m just curious. How did they find out Kyle had 3 concussions this year? I’m hoping they saw this in medical records cause then you know it’s legit

23. Update: Chucky Mady to take on Agostino DeNatale.

24. Johnny says:

The energizer bunny is getting knocked out. HARD!

25. Darren Owen says:

Card finalized:
    Added
    Agostino DeNatale vs Chuck Mady
    Christina Barry vs Sarah Moras (First sanctioned female MMA fight in Manitoba history)
    Dwight Sutherland vs Jon Henderson
    Luis Cepeda vs Ash Mashreghi (Blixt removed)

Removed
    David Quangvan vs Fraser Jordan (Injury)

26. CM says:

Sarah Kaufman fought Alexis Davis (the 1st time) in Winnipeg. Davis also fought Kate Roy in Winnipeg so Barry/Moras is not the 1st sanctioned women’s fight in Manitoba.

27. EPerez says:

Mady should hope for a short night

28. EPerez says:

This card is unreal!

29. Darren Owen says:

CM those fights happened before the Manitoba Boxing Commission was established. I spoke to the head of the commission today to confirm that.

30. EPerez says:

The simplicity of ‘stupid red head’ is hilarious

31. Darren Owen says:

EPerez I can only think of 1 more bantomweight that could make it even better. Hopefully next time.

32. Idolmaker says:

Sean Quinn?

33. CM says:

The Manitoba Boxing Commission was definately around then, as it was established in 1993.

option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Those fights were in 2007/08 when Maureen Black was running the commission. Here’s an article from TMN from August 2008 that specifically mentions Maureen & the MB commission.

34. Joe Doerksen says:

Hey CM, what show did the girls fight on, and when? I dunno why, but I have absolutely no memory of those fights happening in Winnipeg. Maybe I was out of town or something.

35. Joe Doerksen says:

Also, just because the Comission was around in 93 doesn’t mean they were sanctioning mma. Pretty sure they just started doing that a few years ago, around the time UCW got started.

36. Jamie Locke says:

Awesome card!

37. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Both fights were on Ultimate cage Wars.

Maureen Black lol

I am in no way related to Maureen Black.

Just puttin it out there.

39. Idolmaker says:

Alter ego???

No, totally different people.

But Ronnie James Dio and Rhea Pearlman are the same person tho, right?

I mean, you’ve never seen them in the same room together have you?

41. CM says:

The 2nd Davis fight was late June of 2008. The TMN article I referenced that mentions the MB commission was from August of 2008 so they were sanctioning MMA back then.

Here are some pics from that fight which have the usual Manitoba officials working as refs & judges (Valel, Cheadle, Jackson, etc.)

42. EPerez says:

Robin Black/Maureen Black = Garth Brooks/Chris Gains.

Do I see a country music album performed by Robin…..I mean Maureen Black in the near future?

This Maureen lady better be one hot trick.

44. Joe Doerksen says:

Ok, so what I don’t get is how few people are freaking out about the return of Curtis Brigham. Been eight years since he fought. Am I the only one who thinks this is the coolest thing ever?

Cause it’s pretty damn cool.

45. @Joe Doerksen… Brigham coming back is very cool.

The site is lining up an interview with Curtis in the next week.

Damn I wish I was there to see Curtis fight!!!!!!

47. Jerobe says:

Brigham returning is huge! This guy is responsible for making beasts such as Delorme, Perez and Hawkes. Brigham is king.

48. Winnipeg fight fan says:

Kyle was screwed big time! Guess the god fairy made a lot of calls telling some “tales” of ko’s