Unified MMA 12: Quick Results – Shaolin Captures Welterweight Title

Unified MMA 12 goes down live tonight at the Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta. Tickets at the door are very limited so if you’re not in the building you’ll have to keep it locked on Top MMA News for all the results.

Pro MMA:
Shane Campbell submits Tim Smith by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 3:41
***Shane Campbell captures Unified Welterweight Title

Neal Anderson submits Dia Grant by Guillotine Choke in Round 1, 0:31

Rocky Biggs defeats Jeff Larkin by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Ryan Rother defeats Simon Shirt by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 3:47

Andrew Bard submits Corey Knapp by strikes in Round 1, 3:57

Neil Doty submits Robbie Jaggard by Triangle Choke in Round 2, 2:38

Cam Yallits submits Josh Ladouceur by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 1:37

Michael Banin defeats Matt Knysh by TKO (Punches and Elbows) in Round 1, 3:37

Amateur MMA:
Justin Jabbs submits Dell Knebush by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 1:25

Dennis Werbicki submits Chris Jolly by Guillotine Choke in Round 1, 0:35

_____________________________________________________________

33 Responses to “ Unified MMA 12: Quick Results – Shaolin Captures Welterweight Title ”

1. Will R says:

…. :) …

2. Mike Davis says:

Yallits is going kill Josh, rough match up for Josh.

Actually I gave Ladouceur the first round and Cam came back and finished him in the second round!

4. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Agree with Cody

5. BDC says:

Hows the show guys?

6. Idolmaker says:

Josh and knysh losing on the same night!!!!! What are the odds???

7. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

I’m enjoying myself. Intermission time right now.

8. Idolmaker says:

And knapp!!! Come on somebody is making this crap up

9. mike davis says:

How was Larkin vs Biggs?

10. Jerobe says:

Dear Matt Knysh:

MMA is clearly not your sport. Please stop taking fights and loosing in the 1st round every single time.

11. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Larkin vs biggs was a great fight, super exciting. Lived up to hype! Controversial decision

12. Idolmaker says:

SHAOLIN!!!!

13. Mike Davis says:

Hope shady sticks at 155 and just defends his belt there he dont belong at 170….well neither guy does really but Shaolin does seem to fight there very well

14. Dean Panas says:

I had Larkin winning 30-27. Could of seen Rocky stealing the third with his late flurry.

15. Mike Davis says:

sucks for Larkin but it is his first loss he will learn a ton from this fight. Glad to see two guys get tested like that who have not loss yet.

16. James Petryk says:

I had Larkin 30-27. It was some pretty bad judging. Clearly not really much knowledge about what effective striking or cage control is. I was actually embarrassed for the judges/commission on that one. It was clear Rocky and all his fans knew he lost, and then… brutal.

17. applejuice4life says:

looked like yellits has been out of a game a while. in the second round it was like josh woke up a sleeping giant i dont know what was said between rounds but that cam guy came to fuck shit up second round 3 head kicks and a couple knees and that body kick was so loud. i wonder what changed. he came out fuckin crazy i liked it

18. chris says:

tough loss for josh he trained hard for this he will bounce back from this

19. chris says:

simon shirt wow man after you beat greg large i gave you respect but now u have lost 4 in in a row i am not any better better man but if u had cardio and trained you would be better and do more damage in the ring

20. Fist fight says:

I had yallits lose the first 3 min the got swept and the the lose the round and then between the first and the second he came to fight and messed josh up. But josh looked really good

21. Jeff Harrison says:

Congrats to Shane Campbell

I had a great time at the fights, one of the better times I’ve had in recent memory. I’ll post more later.

23. Slim says:

Shame for Larkin, he’s a talented fighter with a bad hair cut and an incredible work ethic (jokes people). I hope there’s a rematch. Maybe having the fight outside of Edmonton would keep incompetent judges away from the cage?

Unified is in a tricky spot, Campbell won convincingly, so does that mean he gets to fight Shady again at 155?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind avenging a teammate’s loss and fighting Shady at 170 or seeing him fight James Haddad at 155.

24. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Who sanctioned the amateur bouts?

25. @Marc-Andre Drolet…. i dunno, maybe each amateur fighter will be suspended for 90 days in Edmonton for fighting in an unsanctioned event.

26. Dean Panas says:

You will have a better chance in finding out if there’s life after death or solving the debate of evolution.

27. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

LOL

It’s silly how such a simple question has no answer.

From what I could tell, Andy Social seemed to have a big part in the Amateur portion of the card, I’m not sure who else was involved.

Andy Social reffed both bouts, I think the judges were Matt McAllister, Marek Satsiuk and Sean Gerke

29. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Pretty sure I could find an El Chupacabra before we found out how this portion of the card was regulated.

Thoughts…

Overall I had a very good time, there were some good improvements over previous Unified shows. I like the 2 screens and the video feed. Also the DJ/Music was much better, more controlled and quieter, but still good beats. Another big thing, in previous shows the security mainly stands around and the fans run up front to ringside and block other peoples view, that seemed to be far more controlled and didn’t happen much. Good food as well and good crowd.
    Now Unified knows that their venue isnt the best for some of the fans as its hard to see cuz of no stadium style seating, theyre building a new venue next year so that’ll improve, but the screens helped for sure.
    also it seemed like the cage area lights went a couple times for some reason, was weird but for short periods of time.
    The show had great flow to it and ended by 11pm, did not drag on.
    I don’t think the ring announcer does a good job, but he was improved.

Amateurs: I don’t care really, so I have no comment.

Michael Banin defeats Matt Knysh by TKO (Punches and Elbows) in Round 1, 3:37

Banin seemed quite a bit bigger and it showed, Banin controlled Knysh and GNP him.

Cam Yallits submits Josh Ladouceur by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 1:37

I gotta say I was surprised. I remember seeing Ladouceur in the past and the dude was not good at all. I know Cam and he is good, and has real good stand up. Still I thought Ladouceur shockingly won the 1st round, and for some reason Cam didn’t seem like he wanted to bang it out (his strength imo). 2nd round was totally different. It was like Yallits tagged in his alter ego and a totally different guy came out. Yallits showed his real ability, great display of stand up by Cam to setup the finish. Props to Ladouceur who looked in good shape, looked to have really trained and taken this seriously. If he continues down this past he’ll be a decent fighter and pick up some wins.

Neil Doty submits Robbie Jaggard by Triangle Choke in Round 2, 2:38

Really wasn’t paying too much attention cuz I didn’t really care that much and fight was a bit boring. I went to the ATM and bought a water for myself and some drinks for buddies. I cam back and saw Doty choked the other dude. Seems like a nice fella.

Andrew Bard submits Corey Knapp by strikes in Round 1, 3:57

Very entertaining fight, both guys went at it big time. Knapp is better than his record and showed it in being competitive in this fight. The finish sequence was insane! Bard had Knapp in an awkward position and did some kinda crazy belly to back suplex move and then some other shit followed by a wicked knee to the body by Bard. Good fight.

Ryan Rother defeats Simon Shirt by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 3:47

It was ok, was a fight. lol

Rocky Biggs defeats Jeff Larkin by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Exciting action filled fight. Was the more technical Larkin vs the hulk like Biggs. they went at it hard all fight. I like Biggs but I thought he lost. I had Larkin 1 and 3, Biggs 2.
    Rematch.

Neal Anderson submits Dia Grant by Guillotine Choke in Round 1, 0:31

Neal cracked him hard early dropping him, then had him in big trouble with the guilotine. I never saw Grant tap nor did he seem out at all. I dunno what the ref was doing, very strange. But I do feel the fight woulda ended within 30secs. Very bad call still.

Shane Campbell submits Tim Smith by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 3:41
    Good title fight, Shady is a tough SOB, and the fans love the guy. I had him winning the first round. But once Shane Campbell got rolling, he really is good. Under rated ground game and everyone knows about his stand up.

31. Trevor Kain says:

When we signed Justin Jabs for the amateur bout. I dealt with Andy Social. We went through all the same medicals as the pros (cat, ecg, eyes, blood, etc). There was no neck cranks, heel hooks, knees or elbows to the head….or head kicks. Dealt with the same docs….as for who sanctioned it…not sure.

32. Trevor Kain says:

However regardless of amateur or pro. We are really excited about Justins abilities and huge potential. He is an 18 yr old monster.. 6’5″ and walks around at 215 solid. He is a national level judo guy and is getting better on the stand up. We knew as soon as soon as it went to the ground with Dell it was over. He did break his foot in the bout which sucks as he doesnt get paid for his fight but will be fighting as a pro hopefully on the October card. We went amateur because of the lack of reckognized mma schools are non-existant in Drayton Valley. We are currently looking for more training in Edmonton where he will progress much faster.

33. butchaboi says:

yeah ill bounce back from this thanx Bobby Karimi was a good fight ill be ready for the next one nothing but improvements ill show next bout and get a win props to yallits