Aggression Signs Top Canadian Featherweight Prospect

Graham Spencer

Aggression Fighting Championship (AFC), the fastest-growing MMA organization in Canada, has locked up one of the country’s brightest prospects in Graham Spencer. Training under the tutelage of John Punt in Nanaimo’s Impact MMA, the young, dynamic featherweight is thrilled to be joining the biggest promotion in Canada.

When asked about being the newest fighter on the AFC roster, Spencer had this to say: “I’ve wanted to fight again in the AFC since I was on their Edmonton card a couple years back. I’ve had a lot of my teammates fight for them in British Columbia, and the organization as a whole has always treated my teammates and myself great. This is the organization that will provide the fights I need to establish myself as the top featherweight in the country. I couldn’t be happier to be a part of the AFC.”

The fight he mentioned is in reference to his bout with Adam Lorenz, the only man ranked in front of Spencer who isn’t in the UFC. Graham has vacated his BFL title belt to pursue an opportunity with a bigger organization.

When Darren Owen of the AFC was asked about this signing and its significance, he had this to say: “Graham is a beast. I’ve had my eye on him for a long time and finally he’s coming to an organization where he belongs. I expect big things from him, and I know we’ll see him in the UFC sometime soon.”

The AFC has positioned itself as the leading promotion in Canada, holding events in Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton with expansion plans that include Vancouver as well as eastward into the Prairies.

128 Responses to “ Aggression Signs Top Canadian Featherweight Prospect ”

1. Gunner says:

Ypungins come now,,,, i taught andre “the giant” how to handle 3 cases of beer and 8 bottle of wine at one sitting,,,, i will make you all drink so much you speak, look & act like George “the animal “steel….. All women will loook like queen Elizabeth to you when i am done with you….. I will play you honkey tonk man music, make you dance like the rockers, buzz like the killer bees and feel like the road warriors. Hell Jake and Dean are from this day forward known as the Natural Disasters,,,, :”Earthquake” & “Typhoon”,,,,, you can all join me in “pipers pit” for a feast only “kamala” the ugandan giant would be able to devour…. if your all lucky gunner will not pull his “damian” (jake the snakes pet for you not so bright) out of his pants on that note lets set up a reunion pick the date and we ALL are doing a weekend out at my camp for top secret rituals like Tom Cruise did to earn himself another divorce from Katie

2. Gunner says:

Youngins come now,,,, i taught andre “the giant” how to handle 3 cases of beer and 8 bottle of wine at one sitting,,,, i will make you all drink so much you speak, look & act like George “the animal “steel….. All women will loook like queen Elizabeth to you when i am done with you….. I will play you honkey tonk man music, make you dance like the rockers, buzz like the killer bees and feel like the road warriors. Hell Jake and Dean are from this day forward known as the Natural Disasters,,,, :”Earthquake” & “Typhoon”,,,,, you can all join me in “pipers pit” for a feast only “kamala” the ugandan giant would be able to devour…. if your all lucky gunner will not pull his “damian” (jake the snakes pet for you not so bright) out of his pants on that note lets set up a reunion pick the date and we ALL are doing a weekend out at my camp for top secret rituals like Tom Cruise did to earn himself another divorce from Katie

3. Idolmaker says:

Geez I feel like the prize pig at the 4h festival.

4. Idolmaker says:

Or the prom queen at any hs in Saskatchewan!!! I’m team old school all the way!!!

5. Adam Lorenz says:

Gunner, that was one of the most awesome things I have ever read Haha!

6. Jamie Locke says:

So Graham hasn’t signed this deal? Where are we at with this thing?

7. Not sure exactly what happened, but Graham Spencer is not with the AFC and will sign elsewhere.

8. Jamie Locke says:

Damn, this was some exciting news and the Lorenz fight was a great announcement!

Keep the updates coming, looking forward to hearing what’s next for Graham!

9. Jamie Locke says:

Lets hear some Darren Owen up in here!

10. Dean Panas says:

I find it very strange that Darcy McBride acknowledged the signing of Spencer to AFC earlier in this thread and now things have changed. Going to be very interesting to find out how this played out.

11. It really sounds like Darcy McBride confirmed to AFC that Spencer would sign with AFC.

His comment on TMN seems to support that as well.

12. Just Laughable says:

and then they heard of the great FW talent pool in the MFC and the low calibre of fighter like Lorenz that AFC was bringing in for him to fight

13. Jamie Locke says:

Darren Owen says he signed on, Darcy confirms it and in the article-

Looks like everyone was confused…I know I am.

14. Idolmaker says:

We now know what Darcy Mcbride brings to the table. Fred durst looking motherfucker. Reminds me of the song “dance with the devil” by immortal technique.

15. OK…. the quote above is completely fabricated as Graham Spencer confirmed it was not from him.

Graham did sign a contract to fight in the AFC. However, he was told he would fight Adam Lorenz.

Check out Darcy McBride’s interview at the end of this MMAMadhouse radio show for his side.

In the interview, Darcy is pissed that the Spencer contract was signed for a while before this press release was released. He believes this is a Top MMA News article and not a press release. Darcy is also pissed that the Ryan Chiappe rumour appeared in Gossip Queen.

As for BFL, they had a championship clause on Graham so he was still under BFL contract when he signed with AFC. Darcy and AFC were unaware of this. BFL released him prior to MFC signing.

Good luck to Spencer in the MFC and Lorenz in the AFC.

I would like to make it clear that when the author under the title is PRESS RELEASE, that means that it is a press release and is not written by anyone at Top MMA News.

16. Idolmaker says:

Isnt that contradictory to what he said above? I mean he confirmed Spencer’s signing, and went as so far as to name his first opponent. This screams of douchieness.

17. Mighty Mouse says:

This is absolutely comical. Darcy McBride has got to be the WORST wannabe MMA Agents out there. The entire podcast sounded like it was sponsored and spoon-fed by Maximum Fighting. What a fucking joke. If anyone has ever listened to Mark Pavelich in an interview or rant, he has the same technique style when he makes statements like “that other promotion” or “i won’t say their name because it will be giving them press”.

DARCY, HERE’S A TIP BUDDY, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF PAVELICH’S ASS AND UNDERSTAND: YOU’RE JUST A PAWN IN THE ONGOING BATTLE OF CHILDLIKE ANTICS MARK PAVELICH DOES IN TRYING TO SIGN FIGHTERS BEFORE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS DO.

You’re about as relevant as the 145 division you just inked your “client” to.

Here’s the bottom line you poor excuse for an agent: You don’t validate a “press release” or “website article” by commenting on how your client signed it and then make a bunch of piss poor excuses as to why you chose not to honor it. Oh that’s right, because you didn’t like the way AFC handled it? They weren’t quick enough to put a press release out for you to brag to your friends about? Of course Scott Zerr had the press release done before you hung up the phone with Pavelich, HE NEVER LEAVES HIS MOM’S F’N BASEMENT!

Funny how now you have ZERO interest in your client fighting Lorenz because he’s so far down the fight matrix scale but you were quick to point out in the above mentioned statement that he’s the #3 FW in Canada which would put him…uh…AHEAD OF YOUR CLIENT.

My God, you reek of amateurism and sad egocentric drivel. You sound just like your mentor “Mark P.” in that podcast. Hear me and hear me well: YOU WILL GET BENT OVER IN THE END AND SO WILL YOUR “ELITE CLIENT LIST”. But unfortunately, amateurs like you need to learn it the hard way…and what’s even more unfortunate is that it will be at the expense of your client’s career.

I love your quotes “when all these websites contacting me to radio interviews” – ok Darcy, name them. Which ones besides your buddies have you done?

“When you have some of the country’s top talent signed to your management company” – ok Darcy, again, who do you manage that is this country’s top talent? Yeah, that’s what I thought. You come off as an insecure WWE ring announcer who loves to hear himself talk.

Here’s a tip Bob Sugar: Go onto the internet, onto to Twitter, onto some radio shows and have a listen. I mean REEEEEEEAAAAALLLY LISTEN. And read. I mean REEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLY READ. Do you see any other managers out there spouting off like you? Like you have some massive agency full of fighters that you need to field questions and PR from the media?? You need to go onto podcasts and boast and brag about your 6-2 Daniel Swains? That’s right Darcy, real MMA Agents don’t do that. It’s their job to procure fights, sign deals and get sponsorships. Their clients do the interviews. Their clients go on the radio and talk about their upcoming fights. Go learn from some pros: Brian Butler, Robert Rovetta, Oren Hodak, Kyle Stoltz, Monte Cox. Hell even Ken Pavia doesn’t do his douchebag bullshit self-promoting anymore.

Someone asked earlier “why hasn’t Darcy McBride posted on here more often?” and my answer to that is “by the Grace of God, we have enough educated fighters, fans and LEGITIMATE promoters on here to know bullshit when we hear it”. I’m guessing that was the deterrant. Do us all a favor and quit blaming everyone else for your bullshit mistake and slowly crawl back under the rock in which you came.

NOT WELCOME

18. Darren Owen says:

A. Darcy did know about the champion clause. And thought he didn’t need to mention it to me because BFL verbally told him they were going to give Graham his release.

B. I took so long to send out a release because he had not faxed contract in. Darcy does not have a fax machine. It was after him giving me his word that it was a done deal that our publicist sent out a release.

I really do wish Graham the best he is a great fighter and even better person. And so excited to have Adam in the AFC and look forward to a great future with him.

19. Idolmaker says:

20. Jamie Locke says:

So crazy!

Lots of publicity for Graham lately. He’s an awesome dude and an animal on the mats, he’ll do very well no matter who or where he fights.

Sounds like a lot of shiftiness going on contract wise. Hopefully everyone comes away from this with a cool head.

AFC, BFL and MFC have all been awesome to me and everyone at Impact MMA. John Punt is an awesome coach and always gives his troop solid advise when it comes to opponents and contracts. Darcy has been doing a solid job hooking up Graham with great matches and gear, I’m sure this shananigans is a minor slip up on Graham’s road to the UFC.

Darcy does a solid job doing commentary and is now taking care of most of BC’s winningest pro fighters. I’m sure he’ll learn from this experience, as he’s relatively new to management, and it’ll help him be a better representative to all the guys he works for.

Spencer vs Lorenz would be an awesome fight and it’s still one I’d pay to see! Both these guys will see success in their new promotions!

I think Mighty Mouse just dropped the biggest hate bomb on TMN in 2012!

21. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Darcy doesn’t seem to understand how things work.

Bushleague

You are making your client look bad.

By the time Graham is ready for the UFC he’d have a new manager by then anyways.

22. kid lightning says:

ok ok ok.

im just getting caught up on this all but
    SOMEONE GET LORENZ A FACK’N FIGHT. whether or not he is number 2 or 3 or 500, he’s a good looking guy. i’d pay to see that handsome man anytime.i better see you in Thunder Bay soon!

next, jake… I MISS YOU!

spencer good luck wherever you end up fighting and

GUNNER sober up and get to the gym before you kill the last 3 brain cells you have.

23. BFM says:

Lee Morrison has been trying to get a fight against any of the top 145 Canadians, but no takers he lives pretty close to the boarder so travel is not really that big of an issue.

24. Kyle Stoltz says:

Okay I had a good buddy tell me to read this thread so I did, wowzers.

What I took from it:

1. People really don’t like Shane.

2. Oh my lord do MMA manager’s need some sort of entrance requirement to be a manager. Like must have college degree, pass a yearly exam, pay yearly dues and maybe even have some sort of legal representation as part of your company. If not holy cow are we getting some interesting people managing. This guys rep is a clear sign of that. I’ve been around a bit and the level of knowledge in the MMA managment relm is getting worse and worse.

25. tdot says:

@ keith

Did you mean to say that the Graham Spencer quote in the press release is completley fabricated? If so how did a completley fabricated quote get into an official press release?

Am I misunderstanding something or is it as weird as it seems?

26. Shane "BTP" Mountney says:

I don’t need to be liked…lol…I find it funny that I posted about Lyndonvs Lorenz…got bashed about it…everyone saying no needs to be spencer vs Lorenz..and his manager confirms that’s the fight and then…Spencer signs days after to MFC…lmao now it won’t happen…so again…I’ll post that I want to see Lorenz vs Whitlock…;)….Steve,Moin or Darren one of you bring Whitlock out for this fight …you won’t regret it …FOTN all the way….just sayin

I like you Shane lol :)