Anderson Silva Finally Snaps

Las Vegas, Nevada – Reigning UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is usually one of the most respectful and sportsmanlike mixed martial artists on the Ultimate Fighting Championship® roster. However, on today’s media conference call to promote what UFC President Dana White said is one of the biggest sporting events of the year – the July 7 UFC 148 main event against bitter rival Chael Sonnen – ‘the Spider’ sounded off like never before.

Irate at two years of taunting from Sonnen, Silva took the opportunity to sound a warning to the man who came within two minutes of taking his title in August 2010.

“I’m going to break his face and every tooth in his mouth,” Silva said through his interpreter and manager Ed Soares. “I know he’s on the call listening to this and playtime is over. There’s no more talking from him. I’m going to beat him out of the UFC. I’m going to make him pay for everything he’s said about me, my family and my country. I’m going to beat him maybe like his parents should have to teach him some manners. I’ll teach him those manners myself.

“No more sh** talking from him. Chael Sonnen’s going to get his ass kicked like he’s never gotten his ass kicked before. What I’m going to do inside the Octagon is something that’s going to change the image of the sport, I’m sorry. I’m going to beat his ass like he’s never been beaten before. This is going to be violent and I am sorry. I’m going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, that his arms are broken and his legs are broken. He’s not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that. He will need a plastic surgeon afterwards.”

Sonnen was disconnected from the call but later said: “People can’t understand why I’m not getting caught up on the hype of Anderson Silva, but he can’t take the magazine covers and press stories into the Octagon with him. He’s just a man with two arms, two legs – and I’m going to beat him on July 7 because I want it more than he does.

“I don’t need anything in my life – but I have to have that belt. Everything I’ve done, everything I’ve worked for and sacrificed – everything I have in life – I would give it all away to be the UFC champion for just one night.”

UFC President Dana White said: “I’ve promoted every Anderson Silva fight since he’s been in the UFC in 2006, and I’ve never heard him talk even remotely like this. He is usually so respectful and doesn’t say anything negative or disrespectful. I’ve never heard Anderson talk like this once – and I’ve never heard Chael be so sincere about how bad he wants to win this fight and what it means to him to be the UFC world champion.”

You can listen to the conference here:

21 Responses to “ Anderson Silva Finally Snaps ”

1. TK says:

I hate to say it, but this makes me want to watch the rematch even more. I love watching Silva fight, and I find Sonnen to be a total mouthpiece. I hope Silva finishes him quickly and in spectacular fashion, but this is a tough fight for him. I can’t think of a more dominant champion than Silva, but Sonnen is just the guy to end the reign.

2. Ditto TK. I am looking forward to this one. I’d love Silva to triangle him again.

It just shows Sonnen has him emotional and that’s not always good.

4. Donald Duck says:

The last time Silva got emotional for a fight was when he fought Maia. He ended up technically caving in the side of Maia’s face slowly and methodically for five rounds. I think when Andy gets worked up the mean comes out in him which is never good for his opponents.

After Anderson smashes Sonnen, I want him to smash Robin Black for assuming what he just posted a couple posts above. :)

Sonnen is the greatest of all time.

7. Donald Duck says:

Andy has shown time and time again that if he wants to make you a candidate for plastic surgery he can. Rewatch the first fight and you’ll see Anderson spend the whole fight looking to finish Cheal with a sub. Not just any sub mind you but a Nog BJJ sub and in the end he hits the same finish that his BJJ instructor has been doing for years.

Sonnen had degraded Nog BJJ in the weeks leading up to the fight and Silva wanted to prove a point. The thing is he’s good enough to do this.

Unfortunately for Sonnen he’s a one trick pony. Its a devastating trick but its one everyone has seen time and time again.

Sonnen is the greatest of all time.

Just ask him.

9. Cody says:

Didn’t have to^ just read his book

10. Jason Bone says:

Sonnen will be roided up again, I was surprised he put Silva to the mat in the stand up last fight. Maybe his trouble comes from fighting another lefty. Apparently Silva is not very humble prior to this interview, he talks smack in Portuguese except his interpreter makes him sound so humble. I think Sonnen gets submitted again after taking some one sided exchanges in the early rounds, more so than he got from Bisbing.

11. Josh Machan says:

Jason, rich Franklin and Chris leben fight left handed

12. Josh Machan says:

They never gave him any problems

13. Jason Bone says:

Yeah that’s right, no problem at all. Good point Josh

Chael’s gonna win.

15. kevin says:

Anderson Silva via TKO late in the second round.

IMHO I really think Anderson’s Rib effected his performance in that fight. He’s the Champion. Undefeated in the UFC, always humble, honest, and a true martial artist. I always believed it when he said his rib was injured and the doctor advised him not to fight, but he fought anyway, and came out victorious. What makes you think it will be different this time??

I can sit and watch Chael Sonnen videos of him talking shit all day. He certainly can promote a fight. He’s the best talker in the business. But no the best fighter. He’s not a better fighter than Anderson. And if you watched Chael Sonnen’s last fight, you might agree that he is not a better fighter than Michael Bisping. That fight was as unbelievably close and controversial. So I would put Michael Bisping right up there with Chael. Neither of them Beats Anderson Silva. Watch and see.

Great post.

But chael says he’s the best. Why would he lie?

17. I love trash talk, but Sonnen steals his stuff. Rips a lot from Superstar Billy Graham.

I remember this favorite from my old rasslin’ days, wonder when Chael jacks it.

“I’m the man of the hour, the tower of power, too sweet to be sour!”

18. BDC says:

@robin black i guess its kinda like when you tell a girl ur the best but really the girl from the night before blew ya way better…sometimes ya gotta hype her up so she wants it again

19. Jamon says:

Spider is gonna make this look like Roy jones jr vs montel Griffen 2

20. Johnny says:

or Montel Williams

It’s threads like these that make you realize entertainment is catching up with (or eclipsing) talent in these crazy times.

I love pure fighting more than straight entertainment.

But I’m starting to get the point- starting to see the pendulum swing.

Weird times.