Aggression Fighting Championship is holding their 2nd show since the merger tonight. Top MMA News’ Cody Rempel is at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta for the event. Here are his quick results:

Quick Results:
Stephen Beaumont defeats Evan Sanguin by Unanimous Decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46)
***Beaumont Wins Inaugural Aggression FC Lightweight Title

Tim Chemelli defeats Simon Marini by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Zach Blaber defeats Andrew Buckland by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:10

Tito Jones defeats Deven Jones by KO (Punch) in Round 1, 0:21

Robbie Merrill submits Joe Keesick by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 3:14

Mike Newton submits Adrian Cardinal by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 1:50

Nick Dragich defeats Michael Swimmer by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 2:30

KB Bhullar defeats Ben Snyder by KO (Head Kick & Punches) in Round 1, 2:46

Nick Heynen defeats TJ Penner by Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30-27, 30-27)

59 Responses to “ Aggression FC 9: Quick Results – Beaumont Captures Belt, Blaber and Chemelli Victorious ”

1. oilcity says:

Whats the attendance like without Ford on there card? Hope its good always been a fan of aggresions cards

2. Joe Doerksen says:

I knew Jones was gonna win that fight.

3. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Awesome job by Zach Blaber! 10secs!

4. Darren Owen says:

Huge crowd, close to 3,000. Very impressive!!!

5. Idolmaker says:

Haha

6. oilcity says:

3000 thats awesome good job aggression!!! Lets Go Beaumont!!!

7. MMAPolice says:

more like 800

8. Oilcity says:

More like 800 huh

9. MMAPolice says:

Stephen Beaumont is a stud , 850 max the place holds 1500

10. MMA truth says:

Low attendance mr Owen go make love to ur AFC homies aka f off.

11. How it is says:

Thanks bobby

12. MMAPolice says:

The attendance is low

13. Oilcity says:

Place holds 1500 you sir are an idiot who has obviously never seen any event at the shaw. You must be talking about the mayfield, that is where mfc holds there events. Tmn can u clarify this please

14. MMAPolice says:

I’ve been to many shows at the Shaw you can set it up for 1000-1500-2500 or so and concerts for 3500. I was also at a rave once at least 5000 and an early MFC when close to 3500 but tonight 850 max.

I don’t know the capacity for the setup they had but I think 1000 is a fair estimate for tonight!

16. Oilcity says:

Capacity is 6000 but that’s for conferences, sorry for the idiot remark my sincere apology!! Just big difference in 3000 and 850. Cody says 1000 you say 850 I’m am clearly the idiot!! Mr Owen why the exaggeration?

I thought around 1k as well.

I had Beaumont vs Sanguin 48-47 for Beaumont.

2,4,5 Beaumont.
    1,3 Sanguin.

5th was close until there was a point in the latter part of the round where Beaumont was working for a takedown and Sanguin just seemed to give up on defending it and accepted being put on his butt. After that he got taken down 2 more times in a similar fashion and that turned the fight for Beaumont.

Main event was a good and entertaining fight. 5 hard fought competitive rounds.

19. Oilcity says:

Attendance aside, How were the fights? Penner any relation to Nick?

20. kjr says:

Zach is a stud. i know it was only 10 sec, but someone give me an play by play

Play-by-play will be up tomorrow… I’ve been awake for 22 straight hours and I can’t even see straight anymore! Have a good night everyone!

22. Mighty Mouse says:

MMATruth – MMAPolice – aka MARK PAVELICH.

You should of taken the night off. You don’t need to be an asshole everyday.

23. kyle cardinal says:

i scored it 1-3 for sanguin and 2-4-5 beaumont also bobby

24. Tyler Davis says:

Great freaking card!!! Great venue

25. Darren Owen says:

I took the time after the event to count. I admit my first number was wrong I’m used to my floor where we sit 700-800. With the tables which were sold out there were 300 on the floor and aprox 1600-1700 in the stands. So very close to 2000 in attendance. Huge crowd support of KD, Draigich, Beaumont. Great night of fights!

26. Dean Panas says:

Had a great time calling the fights tonight. I want to give a huge thanks to David Stanford for his help, I think you did a great job David! Also thanks to Mitch Clarke for his expertise during the last two fights. It’s a challenge doing pbp and ring announcing but I really enjoy it.

Super impressed with Beaumont!! I was expecting his gas tank to run empty but the kid showed incredibly heart and determination and he deserves the belt!

Can’t say enough about Tim Chemelli. Marini brought it tonight and Tim was up for the challenge. He hurt his hand in the first round and will be getting x-rays in the next day or two, he pretty sure it’s broken.

Zach Blaber………WOW!!! Nothing else to really say.

I knew coming in this wasn’t a “sexy” card, but I thought there was the potential for some great match-ups. TJ Penner and Nick Heynen set the stage with the first fight and it carried on from there.

Watch out for KB Buhlar! This kid has star written all over him!

Thanks to AFC for the opportunity.

27. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Sounds like it was a great night of fights…Cant wait till next friday…Craig and I will be in Calgary for AFC 10…love comin out west…see ya next week guys!

Nice my scoring was the same as Kyle’s, I think I should get an honorary judging license. Thanks Kyle :)

29. MMAPolice says:

Zach Blaber is the most improved fighter in Canada, hands down.

Actually Darren is right, I didnt take into account the about 300 on the floor, my apologies I will revise my attendance to 1400-1500

31. mmafightfan says:

Actually there was prob 850-1000 people nothing more nothing less. Why lie do some promoting next time and maybe there will be more asses in seats

Did Dragich impress? There was some hype behind this guy early.
    I’d be nice to have another legit Canadian HW.

33. Joe Doerksen says:

by the way Pavelic knocks the attendance numbers and nothing else, I’m guess it must have been a pretty good show.

Congrats to all the fighters, sounds like everything went well.

Some general thoughts about show and fights.

Overall good show, didn’t have star power of most of their other shows but ended up being better than quite a few of them. Aggression boys made upgrades to flow of show, atmosphere, music, ring announcing etc. Overall improved product so congrats to them on that!

***Beaumont Wins Inaugural Aggression FC Lightweight Title
    I had it 48-47 Beaumont. In my opinion the fight was tied going into the final round and Sanguin gave it away with a min to a min and a half left. Takedown attempt against cage and he kinda grabbed a guillotine and sat/got taken down on his butt. Very good an entertaining fight. Good action for all 5 rounds. Beaumont is an obvious fan favourite, but I feel he needs to be protected. Upper tier Canadians beat him in my opinion, some of those guys are under contract to Aggression I think (like Brad Cardinal) as well as guys like Kurt Southern Jose Rodriguez, Jesse Ronson, etc.
    Needs to get more work and fights in before fighting those guys.

Tim Chemelli defeats Simon Marini by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
    A kickboxing fight pretty much.
    Great first round. 2nd wasn’t very good, 3rd was pretty good. Marini landed some vicious heavy leg kicks and had some decent brawling when backed up, but overall disappointed me. I expected him to be quicker as he was moving up in weight, but that wasn’t the case. He basically did nothing the whole 2nd round (that’s why I feel 2nd wasnt good), seemed like he took the whole round off.
    Chemelli like always showed tons of heart and determination. 1 thing you’re guaranteed with Chemelli is him moving forward and throwing bunches. He always brings the fight, you have to respect that. I had Chemelli winning 29-28 (1st to Marini, 2nd and 3rd Chemelli)
    Chemelli vs Desilets would be great!

Zach Blaber defeats Andrew Buckland by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:10
    Blaber was the most impressive fighter of the night, obviously. Zach’s always had great power, damn he showed it well tonight. He’s come a long way. I’d like to see him vs someone Matt Baker, Nick Hinchliffe, Ryan Machan.

Tito Jones defeats Deven Jones by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:21
    Big shot by Tito, very impressive. Hard to comment
    on Deven when the fight was so quick. In the past he’d shown good technique and composure, I’m sure he’ll be just fine and back.

Robbie Merrill submits Joe Keesick by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 3:14
    Keesick impressed me in the loss (actually he has every time I seen him). Merrill, I expected better from, same I expected better when he fought Unified.

Mike Newton submits Adrian Cardinal by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 1:50
    Easy day in the office for Newton. Good to see him back in the mix after long lay off. Real cool with the school bjj program and Aggression matching as well as giving extra money towards it. Well done.

Nick Dragich defeats Michael Swimmer by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 2:30
    Dragich didn’t impress me, big fan following.
    I think he’s more of an attraction than a real legit HW.

KB Bhullar defeats Ben Snyder by KO (Head Kick & Punches) in Round 1, 2:46
    Snyder is a bum, KB looked good, calm and good technique. KB has awesome fans, fan favourite.
    I like the guy, good fighter and prospect in the Aggression stable.

Nick Heynen defeats TJ Penner by Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30-27, 30-27)
    Heynen has always been a good talent, look good last night. Really beat up on TJ Penner.

Dean Panas was a MAJOR step up over the dude that did the ring announcing the previous shows, that guy seemed like he was a funny and good guy but made many mistakes that took away from previous shows. Dean knows the sport, the fighters and announces it well.
    Good DJ/music through out the night.
    Good lighting.
    Would have liked better and more screens, I found that to be disappointing.
    Didn’t like the 30-40min intermission and interview piece. I wish they woulda done the interview piece during the intermission. Also was hard to hear from the new Aggression ownership group, was interested in hearing that.
    Shaw Conf. is always a great MMA venue.
    Loud and active crowd.

Looking forward to the show next week, I’ll be driving down with a few guys.

35. BDC says:

Thanks BK nice to hear how the show went

36. Dean Panas says:

Thanks for the positive feedback Bobby. It’s GREATLY appreciated! Steve has asked me to work the Calgary show and I’m looking forward to doing it. I recommended he use David Stanford for color. David was very good last night in my opinion. I will be ring announcing only so it will be a lot less work.

37. Shane BTP Mountney says:

See you there Bobby….;)

38. mymmaopinion says:

I really don’t see how people who weren’t at AFC 9 can comment on the attendance. I was there, and whatever the number is, the place was packed and it was a killer card from start to finish. Great night of fights all round.

39. Wuzjustsayin says:

Great write up Bobby!

40. Jake - JHEG says:

Great write up Bobby. Dean is a great announcer and David Stanford should be doing color for not only Aggression but for Super Fight League as well. He’s a gem.

Although my PERSONAL PREFERENCE is Jake Hirsch (yes I just referred to myself in the 3rd person) and Joe Doerksen doing color. We don’t come cheap though and our calendars are usually full with beer and stuff.

41. num1fan says:

I have heard so much about Tim Chemelli and last night i got the chance to watch him and nothing personal toward him but how has this guy even won 8 fights he probably hits hard but he has no stand up what so ever . did he even throw a combo?? and he needs to work on checking kicks i hope he has a ground game.

42. David Stanford says:

Thanks Dean and Jake, your sentiments are very much appreciated, and I’ll be applying sand paper to the rough edges today.I had a fantastic time last night. We saw back in forth wars, one punch KOs and one of the most awesome head kick KOs by KB that I have seen in a while, and some nice submissions. My hat goes off to “Big Bad”, and all the other fighters, for digging deep and fighting HARD for 25 minutes to earn his championship. That’s exactly the kind of performance that makes champions.

43. Oilcity says:

Didn’t mean to take focus of the card itself and get people talking about attendance was just curious how they would do without ford as a headliner he is the biggest draw in Edmonton. Glad the place wad packed and everyone enjoyed a goodnight of fights. In my personal opinion Aggression puts on the best fights in town. Congrats on the event and really hope I’m there for the next one!

44. Nighty night says:

I wonder how many accounts Mark Pavelich has?

I think Chemelli vs Desilet would be an excellent match up. Two guys with heavy hands who are always exciting. Chemelli will need to continue training in Edmonton though if he wants to improve and fight top Canadian Light Heavys

I would like to see Blabber step up competition, interesting to see where he is at. Personally, a bit to short to prove to me that he has really stepped his game up that much. But I am excited and happy for the guy

Aggression had another really good show. I think Darren kind of pulled a Pavelich there with his estimations, better be careful, you dont want that type of reputation! But I definitely thought minimum 1500 people and 2000 wouldnt really surprise me. Everyone has drastic opinions of what 2000 people look like though

Good luck AFC!

Now that I think about it, Unified almost always sells out and I’ve been told that Mirage holds about 1000, if that’s true, which I have no reason to believe its not, then Aggression realistically probably had about 1500

Just in case no one sees it in my recap, Tim Chemelli called for a rematch with Valimaki in his post fight interview and it appeared that Victor motioned to Chemelli that he accepted, so I’m thinking we could see Chemelli vs. Valimaki II at the next Edmonton show.

47. num1fan says:

if that fight happens again I hope chemelli learns how to throw a strait punch and maybe follow it up with a couple more after that because i personally think he has brutal stand up but maybe he has a good ground game and he could take valimaki to the ground and look for a sub .

48. Tyler Davis says:

Card ran really smoothly, I’d put attendance between 1000-1500. Enthusiastic crowd

49. Jab jab says: