Canadian Rumour Mill – May 28
Well that was a wild UFC weekend. I guess my girl Arianny got into some trouble on the weekend, maybe that’s why she was MIA for the first 2/3 of the show. Also, it seems like Dana really doesn’t like adolescent antics of Mayhem, he got cut again. I’m guessing you’ll see him fight Kendall Grove at ProElite next. Finally, it was a great moment seeing that little boy being brought to the UFC and into the ring by Junior Dos Santos, he seems like a genuine good guy with a big heart.
- So last week I let you know about the letter sent to the Mayor of Edmonton by a senior group of Edmonton officials. Well this week I received a letter that the “Black Prince” Mark Pavelich sent to the Mayor of Edmonton in response to the initial complaints. Here are some excerpts from that letter:
- “the business leaders in combative sports who should be communicating with City management if there is a problem with the Commission, not a handful of disgruntled officials. Currently MFC is satisfied with the Commission and its operations contrary to what the City is hearing from a very small group in the sport in Edmonton.”
- “These current complainers know the city has to follow up with their complaints, so their strategy is to complain over and over and try to destabilize the relationship between the city and the Commission. City managers should not be fooled and should not waste much time dealing with them. If there are serious complaints to be heard, they will be brought to the city’s attention by the business leaders, not the lunatic fringe.”
- “at times of course there will be differences but very easily resolve. I think the current commission has finally showed great organization skills and leadership which has been massively lacking in the past. I believe that’s the factor behind the idiotic complaints and grievances.”
So to summarize;
- Mark Pavelich feels that the current commission is an improvement over previous commissions, and is satisfied with the ECSC.
- Complaints are coming from a handful of disgruntled officials, who will use bureaucracy to destabilize the Edmonton-ECSC relationship.
- If there are valid complaints, they will be brought forward by the promoters/business leaders.
- He does not like the officials that are complaining.
Basically, ignore the fringe, we are satisfied, keep on truckin!
- Don’t look for Josh Powell to be fighting anytime soon, Josh has a regular steady job and will be focusing on that.
- JUNIOR MMA, yup it’s coming. Christian Crowthers, the 12-year-old son of Hard Knocks fighter Charmaine Tweet will fight 14 year-old Roark Franke out of Estevan, with modified junior MMA rules at Hard Knocks 24 in Estevan, Saskatchewan on June 1.
- Former #3 ranked Lightweight Guillaume DeLorenzi is looking for a fight after recovering from injuries. Il Toro seemed to be headed to the UFC prior to his medical and injury issue.
- Elite 1 MMA next MMA event “Redemption” will be at the Redball Internet Centre on July 28th in Moncton. Ricky Goodall will challenge Richard Arsenault for the promotions WW title.
- Also, look for Elite 1 MMA to setup Matt MacGrath vs. Nabil Khatib at 170lbs.
- Lyndon Whitlock is wanting a big fight and has been even willing to take a big pay cut to make that happen. It seems like Whitlock’s team has approached promotions wanting to take on the challenge of Adam Lorenz. Will a promotion make this big fight happen please?
- Tim Smith vs Shane Campbell will be for the vacant Unified MMA Welterweight belt.
- Score is bringing some great fights… Josh Hill vs John Fraser, Adrian Wooley vs Bo Harris and Robert Thomas, the kickboxer mentioned last week, is facing Jeff Sharkey. When will the show be held? Don’t ask me, lol.
- UPDATE: Aggression FC is awaiting a response from Brad Cardinal’s camp on a possible fight against Jason Saggo for their June 15th card
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.