Canadian Rumour Mill – May 8
- Congrats to… Manitoba’s Augustino DeNatale and Ryan Pang from the CFC Gym on their wins in Milwaukee on the weekend on Duke Roufus’ NAFC show!
- Congrats to… the Black Mamba Kultar Gill and Gary Mangat for their Super Fight League wins!
- Congrats to… ranked MW Vaughn Anderson who beat Hae Joon Yang in Australia. Yang has a win over Joaquim “Mamute” Ferreira – the only man to hold a win over Junior Dos Santos!
On to this week’s rumours:
- Looks like Jordan Mein will be on the Score Fighting Series card in June. No, he’s not dropped from Strikeforce. He is allowed to get outside fights just like Sarah Kaufman did at Armageddon.
- Speaking of Kaufman, it seems as though she may get her opportunity to get her belt back from Ronda Rousey this August on a summer Strikeforce card.
- Elite 1 will set up Arsenault vs Goodall for their WW belt.
- Still NO Winnipeg shows, but Rumble in the Rez is back. The promotion is actually called Elite Championship Fighting and they will hold their second show, ECF 2: Rez Warz, on July 14th in The Pas.
- Check out Denis Kang on the Korean version of “Dancing with the Stars”
- The Ontario Commission used seven different refs for nine fights at Bellator 67 this weekend. Only Big John and Yves Lavigne reffed more than once. Dan Miragliotta, Ivan Svec, Todd Anderson, Brian Beauchamp, and Graham Bettes all reffed one bout. Seems like overkill to me. In comparison, UFC on Fox had twelve fights and three refs assigned. The same Dan Miragliotta reffed four fights on the UFC on Fox card including three consecutive on the main card.
- Pat Cote, who’s sponsored by Callaway, is working on getting his own TV show on The Golf Network.
- When is Pat Cote going back to the UFC? It must be very frustrating being a fan favourite, beating UFC vets and still not getting the call.
- Mariusz Zastawny will box on May 11 in Calgary.
- Chris Peak and James Hanson were acquitted of their aggravated sexual assault charges. Peak had lost to Roger Hollett at ECC 10 the night prior to the alleged incident.
- It appears David Galbraith, Assistant Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development, will become the Executive Director of the British Columbia commission if the legislation passes.
- If you’re in the Toronto area think about checking this out: A charity film screening of the MMA doc “Jens Pulver – Driven” will be held at the Toronto Underground Cinema (186 Spadina Ave.) at 4:00PM on Sunday, June 3 2012. Money will be raised for four great causes including the Shawn Tompkins Memorial Fund, Seana Rossi Medical Fund etc. This is a FREE screening and will have special guests including the UFC’s Mark Hominick and Sam Stout as well as Bellator’s Chris Horodecki. Spread the word people!