WRECK MMA Road to Glory Weigh-In Results

WRECK MMA held their weigh-ins today to make their fights official and a few top fighters missed their marks.

In the main event, Eric Perez missed weight by a pound after weighing in on a second attempt. The fight will remain a five round title fight, but Perez will not get the title if he is victorious – only Randy Turner can win the belt.

In addition to Perez, Nabil Khatib and Kit Cope both missed weight as well. All three fighters forfeit 20% of their fight purse.

Here are the official WRECK MMA Road to Glory Weigh-In Results:

Eric Perez (136)* vs. ‘Relentless’ Randy Turner (133.6)
Brandt Dewsberry (168.2) vs. Nabil ‘The Thrill’ Khatib (172)*
Stephane Lamarche (167.4) vs. Mark ‘Boots’ Holst (169.4 )
Valerie ‘Trouble’ Letourneau (130) vs. Claudia Gadelha (130)
Kit Cope (148.6)* vs. Jeff Harrison (145.4)
Manny Alfaro (145) vs. Pablo Santos (144.8)
David ‘Tarzan’ Douglas (156) vs. Felipe Olivieri (156)
Robert ‘Maximus’ Seres (163.4) vs. Andrew Walters (169.4)
James Haourt (135.8) vs. Andrew ‘Animal’ Cseh (134.2)
‘Smilin’ Sam Alvey (189.6) vs. Daniel ‘Jacare’ Almeida (190.2)
Bojan Kladnjakovic (130.6) vs. Brandon Hachey (131)

* Fighters will forfeit 20% of purse

78 Responses to “ WRECK MMA Road to Glory Weigh-In Results ”

1. Jamie Locke says:

Awesome, congrats to the Brighams!

Tough going in to fight without your coach. Who will be in the corner for Mr Perez?

There is often a lot of variables goin on when fighters take fights and get in the cage.

Eric hasn’t mentioned this extra challenge once. Admirable.

3. Wuzjustsayin says:

Not that I trying to be ignorant or disrespectful to Eric, in fact the opposite, but any fights, (let alone Title Fights) have in fact a contract to perform.

I am sure Eric has capable representatives in his corner.

If you don’t make weight you don’t make weight!

That doesn’t give you a choice to back out or make demands. No Huge Props are necessary!

It’s that simple.

No excuse for not making weight ever.

I see your point and it’s a legit good one.

I like seeing a guy take responsibility for his failure and accept the consequences.

But your right perhaps it’s not huge prop-worthy.

A great fight nonetheless and it got even more interesting.

And somewhere right now Randy Turner is calmly and quietly focusing on the task at hand.

7. Sweet Dreams says:

Great stuff Robin, totally understandable on “flip flopping around with the ol’ feelings.” I don’t speak from experience but that’s truly horrible to have a fight pulled after having dedicated a lengthy period of time to preparation. I’m sure Mr. Brigham appreciates the well wishes on their new family addition. Now, coach or no coach I hear there are some SWEET fights on this weekend. Tops on my list are those taking place on Canadian soil in a matter of hours! Perez vs Turner for the gold! go WAMMA!

8. hawkes says:

One of our best kickboxers and erics best pad holder Ed Regier will be there. He has been in erics corner from day one and was even with eric before he was a WAMMA athlete.

9. hawkes says:

Ed is a good dude and a great coach!

Eric, since Chrstine Myra isn’t fighting, maybe you can get Frank Dux to corner you.Just please lay off teh dedley.
    Thanks for chiming in erryone. Still a little puzzled, as a pound has never gotten a * after it on here before. UFC ( I know I know) has a 1 pound allowance for non-title fights. Interesting distinction. Best of luck to both dudes.

11. hawkes says:

Oh and eric will be punished at sparring for letting this pie hit him square in the face. We have alot of 135ers who would have wanted his opportunity and nothing says family like getting stopped by leg kicks in the gym over and over and over!

12. Remz says:

No offence to Eric but we faught and you won fair and square but I train with Randy everyday…. There will be an animal in the cage tonight… that is for sure… Turner’s Job is fighting in his spare time hes fighting and his hobby is conditioning…. just saying… He does this 14 hours a day everyday. This fight will have alot on the line it’s looking like. I can’t wait for the fire works…. Perez is a top 10 fighter for sure but Randy hasn’t had his chance yet to prove his place until tonight…

13. Hawkes says:

Man i have some consitant haters that thumb me down no matter how nice i am on here lol…love it. As one very famous man once told us all “haterz mak me famouze ya bunch o mungies!!! Crackhouse fer lifez.”

14. I think for Eric to win, he will need to stop Turner within the first three rounds.
    I think Randy will win if it goes to the championship rounds or decision.

Very good fight. You can tell people are excited by all the comments here and on Perez’ interview with TMN.
    Curious what everyone else predicts – Especially those who are not coaches/training partners of these two.

Good luck to both fighters.

While I am at it, the Valerie Letourneau fight and the Harrison/Cope fight also light my fire. Khatib/Dewsbery should be good too.

15. EPerez says:

Im not concerned with how long a day Randal trains. This is fighting and I have proven time and time again what I do best is bring more to the table offensively than my opponent.

I will admit this is the toughest fight to date but Ive done nothing special for this fight. He is just another guy and just another cow on the train tracks. Ive been doing this for 13 years, I have a lot tricks and will have some new ones that I have been working on too.

16. Donald Duck says:

Okie dokie, lots of misinformed people on here but then again not everyone actually takes the time to learn this sport on any deep level. The regulations are pretty clear on weights:

13:46-24A.1 Weight classes of mixed martial artists

(a) Mixed martial artists shall be divided into the following classes:

1.Flyweight under 125.9 pounds;
    2.Bantamweight 126 lbs. – 134.9 pounds;
    3.Featherweight 135 lbs. – 144.9 pounds;
    4.Lightweight 145 lbs. – 154.9 pounds;
    5.Welterweight 155 lbs. – 169.9 pounds;
    6.Middleweight 170 lbs. – 184.9 pounds;
    7.Light Heavyweight 185 lbs. – 204.9 pounds;
    8.Heavyweight 204 lbs. – 264.9 pounds; and
    9.Super Heavyweight over 265 pounds.

Soure: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/sacb/docs/martial.html

No where in the Jersey rules (which are basically what everyone uses) does it state that Championship fights do not get the one pound allowance. The only place this ‘rule’ exists is on the books for the UFC. For whatever reason they adopted this rule (I’m sure they borrowed it from someone else) and it has become the defacto industry standard.

So basically unless the Commission in question has it written into their regulations that a championship fight must have a weigh-in weight at or below the top limit of the weight class this is a BS decision.

Lamarche-Holst. Believe it.

18. Donald Duck says:

Oh and I’m not surprised Nabil missed weight. From what I’ve heard he’s struggled quite a bit getting down to 170 in the last little while. The older you get the harder it is to peel all that weight off. People have to remember he’s a big welterweight.

19. hawkes says:

nabil is huge!!!

No excuse.

21. Donald Duck says:

For Nabil? No but I think you owe Eric an apology based on my post unless you know what the contract looked like or what the specific regulations are in that area.

22. cream puff says:

Complaining about weigh times too early… come on!!!!! Dewsberry came from Alberta it was 9 am for him and he is 6’3 and made his easily… Nabil is smaller and stockier but still should be able to make weight for a veteran.

Wreck makes it clear that there is no pound allowance for title fights.

Fighters assume there is no pound allowance for any title fight.

All the best to the combatants tonight enjoy it guys.

24. Donald Duck says:

I’ve never seen a Wreck contract so I can’t comment but if it is very clear in the paperwork then there is no excuse. I was only making the point that the “one pound allowance” isn’t actually in the NJ Regs (which most people use in some for or another) nor is it written anywhere that there is no pound allowed for Championship fights. If you where to the Regulation to the letter then no fight would have a 1lbs allowance.

They write into their contracts that there is no one pound allowance.

However, IMO, they can change that at the weigh insif they choose.

In this case, apparently, they wanted to adjust it to allow the pound but it is the Que commission that said ‘no’.

Which is very curious in light of your point.

26. Graham Weenk says:

no excuse for missing weight…i gotta disagree, seems to happen in one particular show more than in any other shows. I had Kurt Southern miss weight once in his career, the reason for us was no access to official scale prior to being at weigh in venue. We have had our fighters in a total of over 70fights now with only that one time missing weight. we have had guys in several shows too without proper scale access but LUCKILY our scale always agreed with theirs in those situations… except the one time.

I don’t know if they have changed it since, but i know Kurt was on weight using the same scale we brought to every show and then on the official was 2 over at the weigh in… Provided fighters have access to official scale then yeah, no excuse.

27. Graham Weenk says:

especially when more than 1 guy misses weight, that doesn’t happen often. I’d be curious to know if these guys got to get on the official scale well in advance this time

28. Donald Duck says:

The “one pound” rule seems to be more of a gentlemen’s agreement than anything else. I don’t doubt that some commissions may have included it in their official regulations (note: some areas due to legal requirements will adopt an industry standard as their own and call it “Commission X’s MMA Rules” and there may be some minor changes written in.). Most of the time though commissions are using the NJ Regs even if they’ve adopted them as their own so that they can look to them in the event of an incident and say, “We follow industry standard.”

I digress, missing weight is not an option.