Former KOTC Champ Tim Hague Planning “Great Show” for Grande Prairie Fans

Tim Hague, Former KOTC Heavyweight Champion

Later this month, one of Canada’s most established heavyweights will return to the promotion where his accomplished career began: King of the Cage Canada. On April 28th, former KOTC Canadian champion Tim Hague will head to Grande Prairie, Alberta, to take on rising heavyweight Jordan Tracey, and the UFC veteran couldn’t be happier about it.

“It’s awesome,” said Hague, who made his pro debut for KOTC Canada in 2006 and proceeded to score victories over fellow vets like Jared Kilkenny, Ruben Villareal and Sherman Pendergarst under the promotion’s banner. “It’s where I started my career and I’m 8-0 for King of the Cage so far. I want to keep the perfect record intact and put on a great show for the fans.”

The card, which is being presented by Unified MMA, will be hosted by Grande Prairie’s Crystal Centre.

“I’ve never competed there but I’m really excited to,” said the 28 year-old “Thrashing Machine”. “It’s a bit of a newer market and I’m just excited to put on a great show for the fans and show them what a UFC level competitor is able to do.”

In Tracey, Hague will face a heavyweight who is coming off back-to-back wins over Ali Saif and Troy Wilton.

“I think it was maybe his last fight I watched on Youtube and from what I’ve heard he trains out of the Gracie Barra gym in Vancouver,” Hague noted. “So I’m expecting his jiu-jitsu to be his strong point and just go from there.”

“It might be a bit of an advantage but I don’t think it’s necessarily a disadvantage for me,” Hague added, when asked if he’s concerned by the fact that there’s much more footage available of him fighting than the less experienced Tracey.

“He might be able to pick up on a few things and game plan accordingly but I try to fight every fight differently. I’m trying to game plan accordingly for him as well. It’s going to be a battle of wills as always.”

Heading into the upcoming “Unified” card Hague is three and one in his last four fights, with his only loss during that stretch coming against Matt Mitrione, which took place at a UFC Fight for the Troops card last January.

“Mentally I’m a totally different kind of fighter than the last time you saw me in the UFC,” said Hague. “My head is cleared and I’m happy nowadays. I enjoy training again and I enjoy going to the gym. I’m also getting more out of my workouts.”

“I don’t want to underestimate Jordan at all but I’m hoping to exploit his inexperience,” Hague added. “I want to take over the fight early, work my game and show what I’ve got.”

And to prepare for his KOTC return, Hague continues to enlist the help of some of Edmonton’s most experienced trainers and fighters.

“The same guys have been helping me,” Hague furthered. “Kyle Cardinal, Victor Valimaki; been picking up new tricks here and there. I’ve been watching lots of videos and learning new techniques.”

Tickets for the April 28th card can be purchased at the Crystal Centre Box Office.

“Unified” will also feature a bout between Behrang Yousefi and Ryan Machan for the KOTC Canadian Bantamweight title, as well as, Travis Briere challenging an opponent to be determined for the Unified welterweight belt.

13 Responses to “ Former KOTC Champ Tim Hague Planning “Great Show” for Grande Prairie Fans ”

1. Jerobe says:

Lol Hague. Watching some Eddie Bravo videos on Youtube will get you back in the UFC

2. Lance Bass says:

this guy is terrible, i saw him fight in the ufc and basically folded after matt mitrone landed one leg kick.

3. Justin says:

You fight Matt Mitrone then.

4. Kazam says:

Train Hard Tim and Kick some Ass . Super Heavy Wieghts sell tickets bro.

5. Lance Bass says:

Never said i was a fighter brah, but i think its sad that he is the best heavyweight this fine country can produce….single tear

6. Tim Hague says:

Hey man, I just got into this sport while becoming an elementary teacher. Making the UFC was a bonus. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to perform better against the best in the world, but outside of the UFC I’m 12-1 and I’ve avenged that loss. I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished while doing this sport for fun. God damn rights Mitriones leg kicks hurt. My game plan was to get him on the cage and complete a high crotch/single, establish top control and work for a submission. I couldn’t get the takedown and Mitrione did his job well. What can I say, he beat me fair and square. I’m proud I got the win against Barry. Winning a fight in the UFC is something I never dreamed I’d do. So I surpassed all expectations I ever had for myself. If people want to hate on me there’s nothi g I can do about it either so it doesn’t bug me. I just want to say that I do this for the pure enjoyment and exhilaration of the sport. I hope you’ll enjoy these next two fights I have booked and that I can perform well enough to win impressively. It’s a tough sport man and I try my hardest.

7. mike kent says:

love him or hate him tim is the best heavyweight in canada on skill and credentials. good luck

8. booboo says:

HOLY SHIT ! I am officially a Tim Hague fan ! GREAT POST TIM !

9. Guns Loaded says:

Tim ur corner for ur UFC fights says it all.

No Bodies

Train hard an get a real team out of the states man.

We want to see u good.

10. Nighty night says:

Damn rights Tim, you were a teacher gone fighter. Took the dream and stood in with the best in the world 4 times. Who gives a shit what people say, you were there, they were not.

Put on a good show, dont retire anytime soon. Even if you dont make the UFC again, keep it going, work hard, and keep knocking people out in Edmonton. Nothing wrong with that

11. Jay Parr says:

Hey Tim’s out there working hard and getting better. Have you seen the monsters now as heavyweights in the UFC?
    Anyone can sit on their keyboard and criticize, but takes a real pro to know he’s got more to learn and get back in there.

12. M2977 says:

Tim is a warrior guys,respect him, he fights for real unlike all the keyboard killers lol though I dont think he’s that good either (kinda slow,keeps his head way to high when he fights,seems like he likes to sit on guys to get them tired rather than submit them,whatever works)he can knock your f-ng head off if he catches you,I still hope he wins because he doesnt talk shit he cant backup,hes respectful.

13. Guns Loaded says:

Ok champ isn’t Tim fighting a guy with like 5 times less fights then him?

Seems unfair and unprofessional.

Tim should fight guys with more than 10 fights;