Unified MMA 11 – Quick Results – Davis Captures Unified Flyweight Title

Unified MMA 11 goes down live tonight in front of a sold out crowd at The Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta. The event will feature a bout to crown Canada’s first Flyweight Champion between Mike Davis and Corey Lautscher. There are no tickets at the door so Top MMA News is the best place to get your live results.

Pro Fights:
Mike Davis submits Corey Lautischer by Rear Naked Choke in Round 3, 3:38
***Davis wins Inaugural Unified Flyweight Title

Merrick Duggan defeats Troy Sorensen by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 3:21
Josh Dugas defeats Nick Campbell by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Mark Drummond defeats Spencer Jebb by TKO (Punches) in Round 3, 3:46
Neal Anderson defeats Jevon Marshall by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 1:05
Ryan Rother defeats Leo Constant by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 3:38
Jeff Larkin defeats Brandon Hammond by TKO (Corner Stoppage) in Round 1, 5:00
Rocky Biggs defeats Jarid Howse by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:24
Neil Doty submits Robb Buzzeo by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 3:03

Amateur Fights:
Michael Banin defeats Eric Huang by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Justin Nanaquawetung submits Steve Zachary by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 0:46

50 Responses to “ Unified MMA 11 – Quick Results – Davis Captures Unified Flyweight Title ”

1. KP says:

Boom!!! Kamikazee Punishment goes down!

2. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Very proud of Neal, glad he did so well! Sorry I couldnt be there!

3. Congrats Mike!

4. Demitri (trev) says:

Great job merrick

5. Really? says:

Pretty shit way to run this event. I wont be attending another one from this promotion.

The music was WAY to loud and overdriven. The DJ had NO IDEA what he was doing. Then, he screws up the entrance theme for Lautischer. The goof DIDN’T even play his entrance. Everyone knows thats another way a fighter psychs himself up.

The camera positioning for if you couldnt see only had 1 angle… and you couldnt see anything if the fighters went to the matt.

Staff wasn’t attending to the dozens of people standing in front of the seats. Made it impossible to see most fights.

Worst MMA event I’ve ever been to in Edmonton.

The announcer seriously needed to stop SCREAMING DEISEL into the mic after about the first 10 times. We get it dood, they’re a sponsor. But really, screaming DEISEL!!!!!! Lame.

Word to the promoters.. look at the age of your crowd next time and take a lesson from some of the more prominent promotions out there. This was really disappointing.

The fights.. pretty decent. Davis was lucky.

Congrats Davis enjoy the victory!

7. mike davis says:

Thanks Robin worked ass off

8. Dawna says:

It was pure skill and dedication that you are now the Champ Mike!!…You worked hard as always…no luck involved!! We are all so proud of you!!

Happy for you Mike.

Ignore Really? he’s probably Cory’s relative again.

Don’t take that belt off at all today.

10. Getting old says:

I agree with Really except Mike Davis looked like he had a great game plan. At no point did he look like he was in any danger. That was a great win for Davis.
    I think the event could have been great if it wasn’t for that dj. He ruined the night. He wouldn’t turn down the music when the announcer was talking. They also need to have food available for non VIP tickets. It was a great night of fights ruined by horrible production.

11. Jamie Locke says:

Congrats Davis, I became a fan after your tmn radio appearance. Number one 125 in Canada, good job.

12. Will H. says:

This was my first experience at a live MMA show. I enjoyed it and will be back for more. I wanted to say well done to all of the fighters that competed. I can’t minagine the work you put in for the 10 – 15 minutes you have in the cage. I agree with Really and Getting Old about the dj. It was to loud and several times he wouldn’t turn down the music for the announcer and the announcer had to get louder. I paid $60 to watch finely tuned athletes show their skill, not have to wonder if I would have a hearing problem afterword.

Safe to say hire a new dj for the next one and everyone will be happy?

14. Donald Duck says:

@ Jamie – You wrote:

Number one 125 in Canada, good job.

Not to be a dick but let’s be honest here. I think what you meant to type is:

Number one 125er in Western Canada fighting in a small regional show.

I don’t mean this as a slight against Mike, nice win and congrats on the belt but I think we can agree there are a few boys in the TO area who would be more than a match for Mike at 125. Out West Mike is clearly the top dog but let’s not go making too much out of this.

Donnie from the East

15. @Donald Duck…. who are your top 3 Flyweights in Canada based on results at 125? (so no Nancoo allowed).

16. Donald Duck says:

Remi and Eric jump to mind as two who should be higher ranked. Like I said this is a great start but lets be realistic here. Mike is young and this is his first/second fight at 125.

You don’t want to hear a mention of Monkey that’s fine but how well would Mike fair at an Iron Heart Crown? How would he stack up against Shooto talent? I know this is ‘outside of Canada’ but isn’t that the eventual direction a young fighter wants to go? How well would Mike stack up against an Ian McCall?

I’m not saying Mike isn’t talented but lets see him stack up against a few other’s in the division before we start throwing around ‘best in Canada’ at this stage.

Donnie

17. Cotton51 says:

This was my first MMA Fight. All the fighters did the best they could and put on a great show. The DJ sucked , BIG TIME , missed Lautischer’s entrance music, everyone else had one, where was his? DJ screwed up. Lautischer kept slipping on something in Davis’s corner. Lousy camera coverage, couldn’t see what was happening when the fighters were down.Very poorly set up, I thought these things were supposed to be something to remember. More like, something to forget.

18. Corey Lautischer says:

I have many positive things to take from this fight, some holes to fill within my training and I will be back. I did not slip in the cage, I was taken down. My lack of entrance music did not contribute to my loss. I don’t have any complaints with the promotion, they put on a good show. Please everyone show respect to Mike’s accomplishment, he trained hard and deserved the win.

CLASS ^^^^^^

20. Idolmaker says:

Former lead singer of honeymoon suite^^^^

who?

me?

I wish. Those cats made some change.

22. mike davis says:

Thanks so much Corey, your a great guy and was a honor to compete against you. Had a great fight man and hope we can train together in the future to take next step up would love to train with you. Your fans were amazing and great people before and after fight. Hope to see you back in there soon man!

And Ian McCall would kick my fuckng ass but im not at that level yet. I am reaching 4 years of traning and working had o keep taking steps up fight by fight. Its a long road to feach top level and am just starting.

Thanks for support everyone and again corey i was reafy for this fight cause you are a great fighter not to be overlooked

23. Idolmaker says:

Haha @ robin

24. Jamie Locke says:

Donnie,

I believe he is number one based on Canadian fighters currently fighting and winning at 125lbs.

Who, in Canada, is current and winning at 125?

I agree, if Remi had won overseas he would be an easy pick above Davis; alas he did not.

Davis for #1 until someone better gets a win at 125.

Where is monkey?

He is not #1.

No one is #1!

Let’s not be so quick on jumping on ranking people till there’s been a few fights.

There is no #1,2,3 etc

26. Jamie Locke says:

1 of 1 is 1

27. Donald Duck says:

Why don’t we just call Mike the Unified featherweight champ and leave it at that? I’m sure Mike wouldn’t mind being known as that. I’m trying my very best to not piss on anyone’s parade and stay positive here.

Donnie

Because he’s not the Unified Featherweight champ.

He’s the Unified Flyweight champ.

:p

29. Just Sayin' says:

Donald makes a good point…

1 of 1 is 0 :)

31. Donald Duck says:

Fine:

Mike Davis Unified Flyweight Champion

It has a nice ring to it and is a very defendable position as opposed to some other slippery slopes we could get on to. Congrats Mike.

Donnie

32. Tyler Davis says:

Yes Donnie agreed mike fought a great fight, it took alot of dedication just to make the wieght!!!! He trained relentlessly and had a great opponent who looked equally in shape and he also made the wieght which judging by his hight must have been very hard. So I think that title is very fitting

33. Donald Duck says:

See Tyler, me and my many many online personas, can be nice people. I truly do love the hell out of this sport and its nice to see people achieving things.

Donnie

PS – I have the Block Of Wood winning by Arm Bar in the first round.

34. Jerobe says:

Tyler Davis when is your next fight? The people want to know! :)

Mitch McPhee (3-0) vs. Tyler Davis (6-2) at Pure FC 9 on May 11

36. Idolmaker says:

I can’t stand Davis!

“Now let’s all go back to discussing how many times Bobby K would lose a fight to a block of wood.”

What color belt in BJJ is this block of wood?

Purple belt level

39. CM says:

The block of wood doesn’t trane in a gi but would probably be a brown belt.

40. Donald Duck says:

The block of wood trains in homestyle wrestling.

The block of wood has a reach of 0 inches.

Block of wood by suplex KO, rnd 2.

41. I hear that block has a wooden chin!

btw… @Donald Duck…who is Eric that you mention at 125?

42. Donald Duck says:

Perez although in hindsite I don’t think he could make 125.

43. Idolmaker says:

Oops I mean Bette Davis, those eyes get me every time. Congrats mike.

44. alandale says:

45. Mike Davis says:

“Does it seem strange to anyone that the Edmonton Commission had the parents of a main event fighter act as time keeper and official score keeper????”

They did announce they had to change this for Corey and my fight.

As for title and all that jazz, I am just happy I won this fight and finished it. I do not care about anything else I reached two goals of mine in the same night and could not be happier. Now my only goal is to keep moving forward and get better and work on mistakes which I made and just come a better fighter. Defend my belt and learn much as possible.

Next goal is to have a few beers this weekend than get ready for the grappling tournament coming up :D

Block of wood by Shin Kick !

46. Mike Davis says:

“Why don’t we just call Mike the Unified featherweight champ and leave it at that? I’m sure Mike wouldn’t mind being known as that. I’m trying my very best to not piss on anyone’s parade and stay positive here”

Do not care what I am know as long as you don’t ruin my my pants party!

lets just all agree and say Anchor Man 2 got us all nervous but are looking forward to the show.

47. Sauce Boss says:

I do not see a reason not to start ranking 125lbs, remember when they ranked 3 heavyweights and what top5 135ers and now look at it. Starting to rank with who has made weight and is winning is a start and can change with time.

Having 125 rankings will add to the division and the arguments of who is #1 can be settled by more people coming down and trying take that spot.

^ Link above top 5

^link above Top 5

Why hate on the little guys and not rank them!? did for these groups??

48. Marcelo says:

Why against Flyweight rankings? They ranked Heavyweight with 5 guys….Also use to rank only 5 135ers.

49. ginger says:

even tho the ranking is unofficial it can still up the fighters pay, gives guys the national recgonition, bragging rights, and its fun to debate about so hy not rank them i cant think of any negatives

50. Urijah Cruz says:

Wait until someone has fought at Flyweight for a couple fights before ranking them. No use now.