Prestige MMA 4 – Ft. McMurray – May 18

Date: May 18, 2012
Location: Casman Centre in Ft. McMurray, Alberta
Tickets: VIP Tables call 780-715-5900

Fight Card:
265lbs- Tim Hague (14-5) vs. Mike Hackert (4-1)
185lbs- Markhaille Wedderburn (10-10) vs. Brandon MacArthur (6-20)
135lbs- Sean Quinn (6-4) vs. Kyle Oliveira (1-0)
155lbs- Rod Montoya (14-13) vs. David Letourneau (3-2)
265lbs- Jannie Joubert (0-1) vs. Kent Forteneu (0-0)
155lbs- Nick Spohn (3-0) vs. Mitch Fryia (1-1)
155lbs- Jon Cowan (3-1) vs David Lafond (1-2)
170lbs- Steve Dubeck (2-4) vs. Chris Lauzon (0-3-1)
135lbs- Ben Jansen (0-0) vs. TBA
155lbs- Travis Moritz (0-2) vs. TBA
135lbs- Ryland Coventry (1-1) vs. TBA

Amateur MMA:
125lbs- Sarah Mcrann (0-0) vs. Jodie Cowan (0-0)
170lbs- Travis Cardinal (0-0) vs. Shane Nest (0-0)
205lbs- Mike Flett (1-0) vs. Stacy Nest (0-0)
155lbs- Matty Macleod (0-0) vs. Adel Bufallo (0-0)
205lbs- Teddy Ash (0-0) vs. Steven Audet (0-0)
140lbs- Paul Carpentier (0-1) vs. Rollin Berland (0-1)
185lbs- Jordan Fraser (0-0) vs. Stephane Hovington (0-0)

476 Responses to “ Prestige MMA 4 – Ft. McMurray – May 18 ”

1. There is also no comparison in regards to wrestling in this matchup either. Quinn is on another level.

2. Antonio Alves says:

Wtf is a nut hugger ? I lose brain cells when I read some of this stupid shi*. Kyle isn’t a kid he is a young man. A kid is someone in 8th grade. He is a young man fighting in the MMA. I’m on one team and that’s team Olivera. He is young new and Just powerful the energy is extreme. I’m not making Kyle look like an idiot. I’m just speaking the truth.

3. MMA Fan says:

All I can say about this card right now is WOW! Lotta hot heads gearing up the smack for this one. Looks like a big card with a lot of action! And in Fort McMurray there’s bound to be a lot of action in the crowd too!

Lotta fights, gonna be a long and entertaining night.

4. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

A nut hugger is somebody who swings off some bodies ball sack like you do.

Kyle is a kid in this game. He has a ton of potential but still has a long way to go.

It’s not a knock on him. He has less to learn than #teamoliveira’s Public relations head.

Quinn has fun online but in no way has he taken Kyle lightly whatsoever in his training.

5. Antonio Alves says:

” a nut hugger is somebody who swings off some bodies ball sack like you do” ( some bodies ) I just lost brain cells reading that stupidity. I don’t get it at all how can some bodies swing off a ball sack ? Too stupid to make up.

6. sean quinn says:

Antonio, you make me want to injure Kyle, just to piss you off.

7. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Sorry it was autocorrect on my phone.

If you can’t figure out what it means then I don’t know what else to say.

But cannot wait to hear your opinion after the fight.

My guess is we never hear from you again.

8. mike kent says:

seems like kyle is a really good young fighter with alot of potential ( and fans ) lol . its obvious that he cam ein great shape .

I think that he is very well prepared for this fight but no matter what way you break it down this was a very tough fight for him to take at 1-0 . Sean quinn is one of the most experienced gritty 135ers in the country . His record is the way it is because he has fought the best.

i think personally that it was a bad call by team/managment to throw a good fighter into the deep end right off the bat but who knows maybe they know something we dont ! one thing we know for sure is that sean is one tough fucker

9. @MMA Fan

I have been to a few Prestige fights and never seen a fight here. Very good crowd who even cheer for out of towners. I hear tonight is a sell out.

10. BIG MCRAE says:

Quinn,

Tick talk, tick talk, tick talk,

Times ticking your DONE!!!!!

The people will see and realize Oliveria
    is 4 real!

make it a good fight for the people, hold on
    for at least 2 rounds.

11. QuinnFan says:

Kyle Oliv is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to small.

12. BIG MCRAE says:

so are pipe bombs,
    until
    KABOOM

13. Winnipeg fight fan says:

Marc from what I know about you, don’t think you should call anyone a nut hugger! As for Kyle he knows this is the fight of his life, and it is the start of bigger things to come.

14. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

What do you know about me?

That I hug nuts? Who’s nuts?

I’ve never said a bad thing about Kyle ever.

I was the first person to sign him to fight Pro, and he had a multi fight contract with CFC.

15. Winnipeg fight fan says:

You just said Quinn could win against Kyle and his team!

16. Winnipeg fight fan says:

As for the team part yes it is only you in there when the fight starts but it takes a team approach to make a complete fighter. And Kyle now has a positive and caring team supporting him.

17. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

I meant as a whole. By beating Kyle it would be defeating #teamoliveira

That was more of a rip on using a twitter hashtag on top mma news like it does anything.

Kyle has nothing to lose in this fight, and is very well rounded, and can win in many ways. He has a great top game on the ground, Dangerous Left hook, and won’t be easy to take out.

I wish Kyle nothing but the best, in this fight and all future fights. Quinn would also want nothing more than the best Kyle can be.

Kudos to the Promotion for putting this as Co-Main event as this is going to be a very exciting fight.

18. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

I don’t think Quinn could move his brother Brady. That kid is a monster.

Too bad he’s wasting all his talent in football. :)

The kid is going to continue to be a star in his sport.

19. chad says:

kyle’s left ? wait tell u see the right aha

20. quecas says:

Listen up. The bigger they are the harder they fall. Kyle has the heart of a champion. Born and raised in Winnipeg this kid has gone through a lot. Nothing to lose in this fight. He is the pride of Winnipeg in MMA.

Tony you da best man. I have known you since you were 10. Lol.

Wish this fight was streamed on line. I would have purchased. Just can’t be bothered to fly or drive to Ft. McMurray. I read from the Ft. McMurray Tourism bureau that the biggest shopping district in Ft. McMurray is the crack dealers on the main strip and for entertainment you need to get a hold of the nut huggers.

21. oilcity says:

Showgirls is always a good time!!!!!!!!!!!lol

22. truth be known says:

Now that hyping up the fight is over… I think a lot of people will see these ‘winnipeg guys’ as nut huggers just because they haven’t had a team like Kyle clearly has.

Not from winnipeg and don’t know him, but you can tell that everyone is behind him, pumping him up and not caring if they look a bit over zealous with the way they are talking because they have a tight knit family (by the looks of it)

whether kyle wins or loses this fight, it appears that he has the type of people around him that will get him to that next level because they see themselves as a team instead of individuals who just meet up when its time to compete..

something, especially in the prairies, that is hard to find amongst the ego’s, attitudes and head cases in combat sports.

23. Realtat says:

Yes showtime, Looked Really good

24. quecas says:

Kyle head up bud. We are still here. Will always support you. Winnipeg proud.

25. EPerez says:

Kyle needs to start training at an mma gym. There are 2 in Winnipeg and 1 loaded with guys his size.

He needs to look at where he is training and lose the rest of ‘Team Oliviera’

26. EPerez says:

Antonio, Big Mcrae and whoever else was talking on ‘Team Oliviera’. Not good to motivate your friends opponent. Lesson learned?