Kent vs. Krahn Takes Verbal Tussle Turn

There’s buckets of bad blood brewing between upcoming MFC 33: Collision Course opponents Cody Krahn and Mike Kent.

It all started with Kent calling out for better foes and bigger opportunities. Thus he was signed by the Maximum Fighting Championship. Krahn (11-4) responded with accepting the challenge to battle Kent (8-0) at the fast-approaching card slated for Friday, May 4.

And then all verbal hell broke loose. It’s made for some superb pre-fight hype as they prepare for their showdown which is part of the main card airing on HDNet Fights live from the Mayfield Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta beginning at 10 p.m. ET/8 p.m. MT/7 p.m. PT (check local listings for channel designation).

Shot #1 fired by Krahn.

“I’ve visualized this fight in my head every day,” he said. “I’m going to be aggressive and force him to fight my fight. I don’t see him having any advantage over me regardless where the fight ends up. I see Mike going home with his first loss May 4 … maybe with some of his teeth in a Ziplock bag.”

Over to Mr. Kent.

“Cody thinks I’ll be taking my teeth home in a Ziplock bag? The only thing I’ll be going home with after the fight is the winning purse and Krahn’s spot on the MFC roster,” responded Kent. “For someone who was submitted two fights ago and got beaten for 90% of his last fight he has to know he’s on thin ice and I’ll be more than happy to give him his walking papers.”

Second serve to Krahn.

“I went online and noticed him making some noise about wanting a challenging fight, so I decided the best way to skip to the front of the line was to talk some smack, and it worked! I think I’m under Mike’s skin deeper than his horrible tattoos.”

Return of serve … Kent.

“Cody makes fun of my tattoos because he can’t find any holes in my game to talk about. He should worry less about trash talk and more about how to stay conscious long enough to at least give the fans a competitive matchup. I went online lobbying for a big fight against a tough, well-rounded fighter. We couldn’t find one so I settled for Cody. Once Cody wakes up after our fight he’ll realize it was a mistake taking a fight with me.”

The lively debate has created one of the most eagerly anticipated grudge matches in MFC history, rivaling – and maybe yet to surpass – many of the best anger-filled tilts in the organization’s 12-year run.

Krahn, who is coming off a first-round submission win over Ryan Chiappe at MFC 31, certainly does have his position at stake, and the added extra pressure of pulling off a much-needed victory in front of his home-town fans. Kent, meanwhile, has a lengthy winning streak intact plus a golden opportunity to carry his undefeated run into position to challenge for the MFC middleweight title. The Halifax, Nova Scotia, product, who has fought only once in 2012 after a successful six-bout run last year, comes into his MFC debut with four first-round stoppages under his belt.

Tickets for MFC 33: Collision Course are going fast and available exclusively through the MFC Ticket Hotline at (780) 504-2024.

15 Responses to “ Kent vs. Krahn Takes Verbal Tussle Turn ”

1. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Some nice trash talking by both, should be a good fight! They both look like good fighters, hope to see a good match good luck to both of ya’s!

2. Kazam says:

This is shaping up to a main event . Cody beat Ryan Chiappe , that should make him a favourite .I never seen Mike Kent fight , looking forward to this scrap.

3. Demitri (trev) says:

I was a huge fan of kent… It’s slowly fading though. Little trash talk is good, but he is getting a bit ridiculous. He has talent, so pipe down and just kick ass already. Enough with Internet talk and topmmanews posts.

Just my opinion. But hey, this stuff sells so its understandable.

4. Jana says:

Gonna have to go with Krahn on this one :-)

6. cody krahn says:

Psychological warfare is all it is. Kent is obviously getting mad about my comments and is trying his hardest to fire back.

I just hope he’s dumb enough to stand with me. My chins been tested against tough dudes, he can’t say the same.

See? now that I’ve talked shit about his standup he’s going to get all pissy and tell me mines worse, get all mad and try knocking me out. It’s just too easy!

Oh and thanks for those of you rootin’ for me in this matchup. I want another top mma news FOTN award!

7. peter puck says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 16

8. peter puck says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 15

9. Darren Owen says:

Where do you work peter puck?

10. mike kent says:

demitri i agree with you 100 percent. i always feel the need to answer back when people say anything or my name gets brought up which is silly and dumb and i get in countless verbal wars over the internet and im through with it as it makes me look imature and there is no end to it . I will leave you with this: im already in the best shape of my life , cody is underestimating me and that will be his down fall. Come May 4th ill be stronger, faster and more motivated then ive even been and i KNOW that cody wont have a answer for it. The great thing about everything that has been said is that at the end of this we both get to prove it and will see who was just talking and who can back up whats been said. Good luck to Cody in training hopefully u have a injury free camp and ill see you in May 4th and will work everything out in the cage. Until then i wont be back on here. ill focus on training i suggest you do the same man.

11. Nighty night says:

Peter Puck – Everyone knows your pavelich, who are you trying to fool? “bring my crew from work” haha you are hilarious….and an idiot

12. Lenny wheeler says:

Krahn and kent are going to throw down regardless, you don’t want to miss out on this fight.

Lenny knows what’s up.

These guys are gonna perform man. Gonna be good.

Kent vs Krahn will most likely have someone looking like shit afterwards and needing medical attention. It will be a good old fashioned slobber knocker! (Actually neither guy is that good looking to start, so they’ll be even worse looking LOL)

I hope they stand and bang!

15. cody krahn says:

LOL @ Bobby, yeah this mug of mine wasn’t that good to begin with and sparring with animals hasn’t done much to improve that. I really appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm for this matchup. Considering the other heavy hitters on this card it’s hard for me to say I’ll get knockout of the night but I’ll be god damned if anyone puts on a better fight than me and Mike that night.