Canadian Rumour Mill – March 13
I’m really enjoying reading Nick Denis’ Blog, pretty fun stuff to read. I want a Shawarma now, Robin get me one!
Good Canadian fight week coming up with 4 shows on the horizon for this week!!!
- BFL is planning on holding their first event outside of Canada. Look for BFL MEXICO in December!
- OUCH, Clay Davidson will be forced out of his AM Ford Fight Night Middleweight title fight against Stephan Frictra after unfortunately sustaining a broken ankle. Get healthy, Clay!
- Looks like Freedom Fight’s Pete Rodley will be looking for a new 135er for Brent Fryia. Bo Harris is moving to the Bellator card at Casino Rama where he will take on Nick Kirk.
- What’s in the water in Alberta? Private weigh-ins in Calgary now? No media allowed? Will the UFC be allowed to hold public weigh-ins in Calgary but not shows like Hard Knocks or Ax Combat? Here comes the fun police!!! What’s next Pride Rules??? Oh wait…
- FIGHTER ALERT – Thinking of fighting on an unsanctioned card? Any fighter that has competed in a pro or amateur unsanctioned event,as defined by the Calgary Commission, at any time in their career must have an MRI of their brain done prior to competing in Calgary. Check with the CCSC to see if your fight is sanctioned based on their criteria. It could be cities with no commissions, commissions that don’t oversee amateur, or commissions that the CCSC does not recognize.
- It sounds like Luigi Fioravanti will be signing for a couple fights with Instinct.
- John Alessio has brought to light that in his past (over 10 years ago) he dabbled in PEDs. While I admire his honesty, I guess he was not completely Natural.
- Mark Hominick will be featured in a documentary called Lights Spirit Pride about his rise from regional MMA to the UFC title fight!
- Sources are saying that Unified MMA 11 could be already sold out two week’s in advance of its March 30th date. Congrats to promoter Sunny Singh! I guess fans are really looking forward to that Mike Davis vs Corey Lautischer Flyweight title fight.
- So no Indestructible MMA show in Yarmouth, I guess. Sounds like they were in talks with the Maximum Fighting Championship to hold a big card in Yarmouth, but the guy at the venue wanted to keep his town down and thought maybe the idea was just too big for his britches. The show had the backing of HDNet and TSN2 as well as the mayor of Yarmouth. Too bad the Mariner Centre played hardball and kept the show from happening.