Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey Breakdown

Strikforce: Tate vs. Rousey will be held at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio on March 3rd and will feature the incredibly hyped Women’s Bantamweight Championship bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey.

Main event fights will be aired in Canada on Superchannel. This card alone is easily worth the cost of subscription so don’t miss out. If Rousey wins, we will be watching the birth of Women’s MMA’s second superstar.

Here is the Top MMA News breakdown of the two women’s fights on the card:

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey.
One thing I’ve observed over the last year in MMA is that high level judokas like Yoshihiro Akiyama and Yushin Okami have been dominating a lot of elite wrestlers when it comes to takedowns and octagon control. In my opinion, Ronda will continue this trend. I see this fight between champion and challenger breaking down as a grappler vs. better grappler. Ronda Rousey will be too fast, too strong and too aggressive for Miesha to handle.
Prediction: Ronda Rousey by 1st Round TKO

Sarah Kaufman vs. Alexis Davis
Alexis Davis shocked the world when she defeated Amanda Nunes by TKO late in the second round of their fight back in September of last year. Her heart and determination stole the show and won her a lot of fans. That being said, Sarah Kaufman is just as gritty and tenacious but she will be significantly bigger and stronger than Alexis.

I think these two warriors will take Fight of the Night honours. Both fighters have the cardio to go strong for all three rounds. Sarah’s striking skill level, size and strength will help her edge out Alexis on the judges’ scorecards.
Prediction: Sarah Kaufman by Unanimous Decision

18 Responses to “ Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey Breakdown ”

Rousey getting her opponent angry really plays into her game.
    If Tate stays wound up on hate and she’s over aggressive, Rousey will have an easier time getting the clinch. Which is what she wants.

If Tate can keep it at striking distance she’d have a big advantage. But I don’t think she can.

I’m starting to see a Rousey submission too.

Gonna be a great fight.

How can you not pick Rousey by Armbar… I’ll play the odds and take Rousey by armbar in under a minute! haha

You could “not pick Rousey by armbar” becuase she’s never armbarred anyone who is anywhere NEAR Tate’s experience and skill.

That’s a legitimate reason to be hesitant to fully believe in Rousey yet.

Tate has fought the best fighters in the world. Rousey fought some part time fighters.

If Tate fights a smart fight she has to be the favorite.

But its hard to fight a smart fight when you are angry.

This really is an interesting match up.

4. Donald Duck says:

I’d also be picking Rousey to win if this was Tate’s fourth or fifth fight.

Since it isn’t I’m not.

Tate will remind Ronda that this sport has a learning curve.

I was half joking, however I’m still picking Rousey!

6. Donald Duck says:

You mean to say this person:

Who could barely keep down a 35 year old making their pro-debut (with, rumor is, zero ground game) is going to beat the person who has beat Coenen, Akano, Gurgel and many others?

Sorry, the hype train stops tonight.

Donnie

7. steve hill says:

rousey by armbar….just wish it was a bra and panties match

8. Dan chambers says:

I like this fight cause both fighters are hotter than the ring card girls ….. Plain and simple it will be fun to watch

9. I agree with Donnie. Miesha takes it. Tate is a big underdog too so I will throw a bit on her.

10. Idolmaker says:

“you’ll throw a little on her”? Kg you dirty dirty man. Couple of tough gals. I too think miesha, aka the future m

11. Idolmaker says:

Mother of my babies has this one all sewn up

Tate is a big UNDERDOG?

That’s nuts. She should be the favorite.

I’m only feelin Rousey because I’m interested in the mental intangibles of the anger and hate. I think they play a very big role and might play into Rousey’s clinch game.

If Rousey is the bookmaker’s favorite that’s nuts imo. I’m gonna put a few bucks on Tate then too.

13. Donald Duck says:

This fight is like when you first saw Sapp vs Nog. If you’d never seen fights before (and I still break this out for buddy’s who are new to the sport) you’d throw all your money on Sapp due to size and Hype. Think is he didn’t stand a chance if you knew anything about MMA.

Ronda has done a good job of hyping herself but let’s be honest she’s never faced anyone at the caliber that Meisha has been facing for years now. The funny part is that this is yet another example of just how young this sport is. People can still talk their way into Title Fights based on hype alone.

Donnie

Unlike Sapp, It is possible that Rousey really is that good.

She’s never faced someone this tough. Doesn’t mean she can’t rise to it.

What if she really is as good as she talks? It’s definitely possible.

There’s so many interesting and compelling things about this fight.

15. Donald Duck says:

What do you have to be sofa king nice all the time? Seriously, if I ever get the chance I’m going to put a pair of gloves on and try and smack you around just to see if you get mean at any point.

After that we can go for beers and talk about DRI and DOA and Hardcore Logo and The Blue Meanies and I Spy and Red Fisher and anything else you’d like to talk about but first you have to get mean.

Ronda talked her way into this fight.

She dropped weight when she realized Cyborg was her next fight.

She didn’t say a word about Cyborg until after Chris pissed hot.

She talks alot.

I mean a whole f*ck of a lot.

Can’t wait for Team Alpha Male to run ragged over her. Keep in mind that for every argument that Ronda might do well there is the entire Faber Squad with a counter argument and loads of proof that they can get the job done.

Donnie

You’re nice.

And I think you’re from Winnipeg now.

17. steve hill says:

I agree robin!tate should be the favorite…however i think rousey will take it …unless she gases from the cut….did I mention it should be a bra and panties match

18. Donald Duck says:

James Ash knows the Duck.

The Duck is Punk Rock that way ;-)