Extreme Cage Combat 14 – Halifax – April 27th

Date: April 27th, 2012
Location: Halifax Forum in Halifax, Nova Scotia
TV:
Tickets:

Main Event:
Ricky Goodall (9-5) vs. Joe Ray (6-3)

Jeff Black vs Brian Johnston
Brent Fryia vs. Matt Maclennan
Pat Carroll vs Matt DeRosches
Gavin Tucker vs Robert Rende
Nathan Hamilton vs Bryan Fedynyszyn
Mertezza Shahi vs Matt Heim
Mike Malott vs Ryan Gallant

Plus Sebastian O’Malley, Ashley Welsh, Nicki Cleroux, Sonny Adamski

38 Responses to “ Extreme Cage Combat 14 – Halifax – April 27th ”

1. Ryan says:

Are you guys sure this is at the forum? I reallllllllyyyy hope so

2. @clinchcraig says:

Hollett vs Horn is interesting, seeing that Hollett has the Bellator contract. We saw what happened to Ford. Not saying that Hollett can’t win it but its a tough fight.
    Would love to see Arsenault and Goodall finally get to fight but if not Arsenault then I hope they bring in someone like Briere or Nathan Gunn.

3. It was reported in the Chronicle Herald two days ago that it would be so Ryan it looks like you will be able to go to this one.

4. Unzelle says:

Is this the full card or do they plan to have guys from Fitplus there as well? I don’t recognize Pat or Mickey so maybe they are from that club.

Hollett vs Horn is all about Roger’s take down defense, which is pretty solid.

Jeremy has developed a pretty good jab-based outside boxing game over the last few years, but I think Roger’s power striking is too much on the feet for Horn.

I love this fight. Love it.

Any way to see it if I’m not in the building?

6. mike kent says:

Pat and Mickey are from marmac and pat trains with titans as well . Great fighters . Also there still looking to match people up of you want on contact peter martell

7. Arsenault is still under contract for Elite 1 so unfortunately he won’t be able to fight me on this one. As for Briere, he’s been avoiding a rematch with me like the plague. I would punch a baby for that fight but I can’t see him ever taking it.

8. Ryan says:

Anyone know any of the other fights?

9. Derek LeBlanc says:

Update: Ricky Goodall has posted on his facebook page that he will be facing Strikeforce Vet Joe Ray

Just updated, thanks Derek!

11. eastcoastwarrior says:

Jeff Black vs Ryan Gallant

12. Derek LeBlanc says:

Thanks for the indfo Eastcoast

13. Tim says:

So if it is at the forum what the age bracket for those who can attend. My girlfriends son is 10 and would love to go.

14. Derek LeBlanc says:

When ECC did shows in the fourm before it was for all ages so I can’t see that changing. I think the only rule is that you can have kids on the floor because of the alcohol but I am not sure of that

15. Ryan says:

The card is three weeks away, where are the rest of the fights?

16. Shar 1 says:

Yeh… any updates on the rest of the card? Rumours? Come on Mike Kent, you usually know the dets…

17. Derek LeBlanc says:

I have contacted one of the promoters about the card but he is still yet to email the fight card. Once we find out something it will be posted

18. Bring the Pain says:

i just had my 145er who is 0-0 have the show cancelled on him…ie Freedom Fight….so if they need a 145er were in….

19. Ryan says:

It’s now 12 days away. Hurry it up Peter! Lol.

20. Update: Added Brent Fryia vs. Matt Maclennan

21. mike kent says:

Nathan , gavin and pat carol all have opponents. Will be announced soon

22. m says:

who is the 145 that Bring the Pain is talking about. One is needed for the show

23. eastcoastwarrior says:

jeff black vs ryan gllant is now jeff black vs brian johnston.
    Also Pat Carroll is on the poster on the eccmm.com site as well as the debut of muay thai specialist Morteza Sahhi. Also expect to see Gavin Tucker on the card in his toughest test to date.

24. Derek LeBlanc says:

Final fight card

Roger Hollett vs. Jeremy Horn

Ricky Goodall vs. Joe Ray

Jeff Black vs Brian Johnston

Brent Fryia vs. Matt Maclennan

Pat Carroll vs Matt DeRosches
    Gavin Tucker vs Robert Rende
    Nathan Hamilton vs Bryan Fedynyszyn
    Mertezza Shahi vs Matt Heim
    Mike Malott vs Ryan Gallant

Plus Sebastian O’Malley, Ashley Welsh, Nicki Cleroux, Sonny Adamski

25. Ryan says:

Good opponents for Hollett, Goodall and Mallott. But why is Tucker fighting a guy thats 1-1?

Anywho, should be a great card. Lookng forward to seeing my NS boys do work.

WAR NOVA SCOTIA and WAR MMA

26. Update: Jeremy Horn vs Roger Hollett fight is off.

27. Jamie Locke says:

I wonder why that was such a last minute discovery that his scan was bum? Why wasn’t Roger ready to go way back?

I hope he’s healthy and can get it together for the Belator show.

28. Mike Malott says:

Ryan Gallant dropped out of our fight 2 days before the fight… because he is a real fighter and a class act. Oh wait…

29. Ryan says:

Hollet AND Mallott off? I hope Hollet is okay. I didn’t pay for my tickets, but If I did I think I’d be a little upset. They should offer refunds. UFC does it when there is a main event change. Let alone the guy who in my opinon has the brightest future on the card (Mallot)

30. Cameron McQueen says:

Is that is the same hw Bryan well team tompkins then his a opponent has a tough night ahead of him. I’m going to predict a submission within two minutes. Kid is a stud on the mats.

31. Cameron McQueen says:

Is that is the same hw Bryan from team tompkins then his a opponent has a tough night ahead of him. I’m going to predict a submission within two minutes. Kid is a stud on the mats.

32. Brady Duncan says:

I guessing Gallant realized how much tougher Mallot is than Black. Maybe he felt the promoters were throwing him to the wolves, being a stepping stone for Mallot

33. mike kent says:

how is gallant a stepping stone ? there both 2-0 and mallott was moving up a weight class to fight . its not like mallot has 20 fights. they have the same record.

Mallot offered his purse to gallant and to fight for free and gallant still turned it down

34. Ryan says:

Offered me his purce and i turned it down realy guys come on funny i was never told any of that and like i said how can back down from a fight that no one told me about? I have nothing that says i was fighting him my contract was for jeff i was never told bout mike so …. have a good one and can stop this talk bout me please when it not true thanks.

35. mike kent says:

so u were never offered to fight mike malott ?

36. Ryan says:

Nope i have nothing saying i was fighting mike mallot and im sorry he didnt get his fight but kind of hard when i was never told there was nothing so how was i suppose to know? And i dont know were u got the thing bout offering me his purce cause i could usr the extra money for sure. But anyways like i said i was never told so i would appreciate people saying i was scared when i didnt even know …. but anyways have a nice day and hope the card goes well.

37. Ryan W. says:

Id just like to say the Ryan posting after Cameron and the Ruan posting before aren’t the same guy lol. I’ll be posting as Ryan W. from now on methinks hahaha.

38. Ryan W. says:

I met Jeremy Horn (sweetest guy), One of the Muay Thai guys (amazing guy, soooo mad at myself that I cant remember his name), Nathan Hamilton (was also an incredible guy) and Matt Heim who was also an awesome guy. I saw Mike Kent and waved too him, but was too shy/intimidated to ask for a picture lol. Dude is actually jacked/scary looking in real life. But seemed like a really, really nice guy.

Ricky’s KO was brutal. And Overall it was a really bad night for Titans. But the guys post fight seemed so awesome and cool and unphased. Truly awesome people. I will be at the next one for sure!