Ryan Ford Set For Bellator Debut Against Luis Santos

After a disappointing setback and a ton of anticipation, Ryan Ford looks to finally be making his Bellator début when the promotion makes their fourth trip to Ontario at Bellator 67 at Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario on May 4. Sherdog was the first to reported the rumoured Welterweight bout between Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford and Luis “Sapo” Santos.

After a strong four fight win streak over the likes of Pete Spratt, Nick Hinchliffe and Karo Parisyan Ford signed Bellator and was expected to make his Bellator debut in October followed by a possible slot in the next Welterweight Tournament. Unfortunately, a loss to David Hulett derailed his plans and Ford’s turn in the international spotlight was delayed. Ford made the move to Tristar Gym in Montreal to take his training to the next level and bounced back with an early TKO victory over Ricky Goodall at Aggression MMA 9

Santos, a veteran of almost 60 professional fights started his Bellator stint with a victory over Dan Hornbuckle the opening round of the Season 5 Welterweight tournament but fell short against Ben Saunders who submitted the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt early in the third round of their Semi-Final match-up. “Sapo” has 50 victories to his credit with a 72% finish rate.

15 Responses to “ Ryan Ford Set For Bellator Debut Against Luis Santos ”

1. E_Lewis says:

Good test. Fights in bellator will only get harder after this one.

2. Mike Davis says:

I do not see Ford winning this one Santos is a beast and can fight anywhere.

3. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Very big test for ryan. I think he wins this. 2nd or 3rd round,& earns his ticket into the next WW tourney. Good Luck Ryan

4. ktfomma123 says:

Ford can win this fight there is no doubt. He will have to stick to a game plan and be very aggressive. Is he still out at Tristar? If he is he will be in good hands

I believe he is still doing full training camps at Tristar!

6. peter puck says:

Ford will be exposed for the over hyped ganster he is.

7. mmafanTO says:

Lol over hyped gangster what are you talking about?? I met Ford at Toronto at the MMA expo the guy is very well spoken and respectful and far from a gangster attitude. I know he’s had his past but is that all u can say about him? I hope Ford wins this fight he has it in him too and him being at Tristar will be in his favor. Ford by TKO/KO in the 3rd or Decision. WAR Ford

Ford was very dangerous before.

Training with Firaz and a room full of monsters will next level him for sure.

I’ll go out on a limb and cal Ford to finish this fight.

9. somemmafan says:

Robin I agree with you 100% Ford was always dangerous and now with the level of guys he is training with he we only get better. I saw his last fight on youtube and I could see a big change in the way Ford has fought before he trained at Tristar.

Santos is a very tough and experienced fighter but I thin Ford will win this fight.

10. Lance Bass says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 12

11. Priest says:

@ Lance Bass, i believe that he can, all he has to do is apply for a pardon, if i’m correct in my thinking.

I don’t know how it works but I know Ford has a passport, he got married in Mexico or somewhere down south not too long ago. I’m not sure if he needs a work visa to fight in the US or something like that and they have different criteria.

13. Mighty Mouse says:

You can have a passport and still be denied into other countries. Mexico is VERY lenient on who they let in. United States goes based on “crimes of moral turpitude” which would probably get him denied unless he has a pardon/waiver.

I think it’s too bad. Ford has a past no doubt…but he’s proven that he’s turned his life around and deserves a chance.

Tough fight ahead with Santos. I think if he sprawls and brawls, he has a good chance. If it goes to the ground, he could be in some big trouble.

14. BRD AT WRK says:

who ever is on here talking shit about ryan need’s to get a life and get off the computer give your poor palm’s a rest ;) he is a great guy thats all about his family and his friends.everyone has a past and needs to get over it.be proud of every canadian fighter that gets the spotlight on us up here in canada it will just mean more mma for us to enjoy and more chances for canadian fighters to shine.

15. Guns Loaded says:

Great match up 50-7 verse 17-4 records on paper FORD is the under dog. Let’s see the fireworks as it will be a dog fight. FYI at least when FORD fights he fights. A guy like Jimmo does the robot and runs. FORD puts it on the line you got to give the guy some credit.