Cage Warriors 46 Weigh-In Results: Morvan Misses Weight

Cage Warriors is holding their 46th event tomorrow in Kiev, Ukraine. The fighters took to the scales earlier today for the official weigh ins. Big surprise is former top 10 Bantamweight and new Flyweight Remi Morvan missed weight on his first attempt coming in at 130.1 lbs for his 125 lb fight with Phil Harris. Morvan was given an additional 2 hours to make the contracted weight, where he came in at 129.4 lbs and was fined 40% of his purse. Additionally Diego Gonzalez missed weight coming in at 156.5 lbs for his Lightweight fight with Ivica Truscek, he was fined 25% of his purse.

Cage Warrior 46 kicks off tomorrow at 1pm ET with the preliminary card airing on Facebook. Followed by the main card starting at 2pm ET on either The Fight Network or

MAIN CARD (The Fight Network or

Andreas Kraniotakes (240) vs. Dmitry Poberezhets (236.9)
Diego Gonzalez (156.5)* vs. Ivica Truscek (155.1)
Vladimir Katyhin (185.8) vs. Anatoly Safronov (Last min replacement, will weigh in tomorrow)
Phil Harris (124.9) vs. Remi Morvan (129.4)*
Dan Hope (170.1) vs. Alexander Voitenko (166.6)
Neil Seery (124.6) vs. Artemij Sitenkov (125.6)

Pavel Kusch (184.8) vs. Alexander Starikov (184.1)
Sergei Churilov (168.5) vs. Anatoly Starodubtsev (166.8)
James Brum (134.4) vs. Leandro Gontijo (134.4)

*Missed Weight

18 Responses to “ Cage Warriors 46 Weigh-In Results: Morvan Misses Weight ”

I wouldn’t be too surprised to see more misses from fighters moving down to Flyweight as it’s probably going to be the first time they’re attempting the cut!

This is Morvan’s 2nd Flyweight fight

3. Donald Duck says:

I didn’t realize this was Morvan’s second fight. This is totally understandable. He probably didn’t realize that he was suppose to make 125. Perhaps he thought it was a suggestion?

I’m willing to be a bit forgiving if travel was an issue however….. sign to fight at a weight, make damn sure you make weight.

4. mike kent says:

Wow 40 percent of his purse taken. If that was the regular more fighters would make weight

Morvan fought Reilly at 125 on Wreck MMA

6. Tyler Davis says:

40% OUCH!!

7. @clinchcraig says:

Pro rated % for missing weight is a good idea.

Second time Morvan has missed. Ouch!

9. Raw says:

Missed weight two times?? I’m with the duck on this one not good and he missed weight by a lot. And how has robin black not commented on this miss

I love Remi. Amazing guy and amazing fighter.

But unacceptable. You gotta make weight. No excuses. Deserves that 40% fine, and deserves to take shit publicly.

We’re gonna be seein more than a few of these fresh 125ers miss weight.

If guys can’t make 125, they better stay bigger.

The motivation for some of these guys is the idea that they can drop down to a less populated division that’s new (not new but new to the UFC) and make it their home.

125 is small, man. This is a serious freakin cut. Its no joke.

If you can’t make it you gotta stay up.

Remi made it once, so its a weight he has proven is possible. No excuses.

It’s a great penalty to lose 40%.

Hard to call a guy “fatty” at 129.4, but FATTY.

That said, all the best to Remy tonight in his fight. Go in, win this, then come home and put down the donut.

(Love you Remy you fat bastard)

11. nice knee bar by Sitenkov. Good stream.

12. Remz says:

Yep I missed weight no excuses. I still love you Robin. Your right with what you said. I missed weight and unlike the other fighter who missed weight and quit i continued for the entire amount of time they gave me and I still came in fat. The promotion respected my effort and saw that I had done all in my power that day. The issue comes from many uncontrollable factors that technically don’t matter. 129.4… I missed weight that’s it that’s all.

Showtime et al., ^^^^^ read. Boo for missing weight. Yay for always putting on a great show. Hope the next cut is a success.

Everyone who misses weight:

Read the classy post by Remy Morvan.

That is a good man who did everything in his power to make weight, then did everything the promotion asked him.

He still didn’t make it but he took full responsibility with no excuses. And fought his heart out.

15. Big Win says:

Props to Remi for comming on the board and owning up to his miss, no excuse nothing just I did it and my bad that’s how a real man owns up to his mistake.

16. Gunner says:

Mr Morvan you sir just won yourself a big huge hug and a ceasar or two on me when we are ever awake at 8am drinking like mr black and myself. Never thought i would ever respect a little gaffer more because how he handled a miss weight than before he missed weight. Props buddy head high and go geter next time (unless you got many of them after regardless i am part uke and man you must have scene/touched a few pleasantries)

17. Good luck against Imperato, Remi.