UFC on Fuel TV 1 – Quick Results

Stipe Miocic defeats Philip De Fries by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 43 secs

T.J. Dillashaw defeats Walel Watson by Unanimous Decision

Ivan Menjivar defeats John Albert by Rear-Naked Choke in Round 1, 3:45

Jonathan Brookins defeats Vagner Rocha by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 1:32

Justin Salas defeats Anton Kuivanen by Unanimous Decision

Tim Means defeats Bernardo Magalhaes by Unanimous Decision

The fight between Sean Loeffler and Buddy Roberts has been cancelled due to Loeffler injuring his ankle during his warm up prior to the fight.

Benson Henderson interview: Henderson mentions how much he respects Frankie Edgar and his talent. But feels he won’t have too hard of a time taking Edgar down, feels the hard time is getting a hold of Edgar.

Frankie Edgar interview: Edgar says that Henderson is just as good as any of his past title opponents and feels Henderson is very well-rounded. Confident regardless of where the fight goes.

28 Responses to “ UFC on Fuel TV 1 – Quick Results ”

What an awesome comeback by Menjivar! I was worried he was done and he showed tons of heart and experience to choke Albert out! Great reffing.

Man that fight pumped me up!!! YEA MENJIVAR!

I love how the ref has a Bad Boy tattoo on the back of his head. lol

3. lol that’s an awesome tattoo

Great comeback from Menjivar!

I wish I didn’t have to watch it via online streaming. It’s not on either sportsnet channel I get. West and One. :(

4. It’s on SN West at like midnight or 1 am – stupid Oilers/Maple Leafs hockey game… /sigh.

You Winnipegers need to be real sports fans and get the full sportsnet package! :)

Or you Spruce Grovers! Lol

7. lol This is the first time the fights haven’t been on. I’ll be fixing that in the future.

I don’t care about any other sports.

Whatever man, you and JBouw proved you’re band wagon fans.
    You probably trane ufc as well.

9. ha, I’m still watching the fights live.

I’ve proved my loyalty to the sport, by watching “By all means necessary”

Only badasses trane ufc

I’ll be downloading and watching the Best of the Best Quadrology this weekend. Eric Roberts will instantly stamp my bad ass card after that kind of traning!

I got MENJIVAR for Sub of the Night.
    Brookins for Ko of the Night.
    Ellenberger/Sanchez for Fight of the Night.

13. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Hey guys do u know by chance why it wasnt a 5 rounder. Jake won but imo if thats 5rds like i thought main events were now,i think Diego continuews to get stronger and Kae wilts. Nice win by ellenberger though

14. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

kae,lol i meant jake

I’m confused on what fights are 5 rounders now and which ones arent.

They gave KO bonus to Miocic

17. Jamie Locke says:

From what I now understand, only PPV non title main events will be 5 rounds. Freebies will still be three.

I think….

18. Davis vs Evans was 5 rounds on TV.

19. Jamie Locke says:

Then I am confused…

20. Unzelle says:

I thought they had 5 rounds only if it was a title contention fight? Davis vs Evans = the winner getting Bones Jones. Sanchez vs Ellenburger would only be 5 if they were in line to fight for the belt their next fight?

21. Bisping vs Sonnen was on TV and was a #1 contender’s fight and was only 3 rounds.

22. But it wasn’t a main event.

Rashad Evans should have been a 3 round co main with Bisping vs Sonnen a 5 rounder

23. Unzelle says:

We blew it tonight. It should have been a five-round fight,” Dana White said following his promotion’s first main event on Fuel TV.

As the final seconds ticked away in an exciting bout between welterweight contenders Jake Ellenberger and Diego Sanchez, fans were left wondering why they wouldn’t get to see the pair of fighters go at for another two rounds, as five-round, main-event fights have become the standard on the UFC’s pay-per-view and FOX events.

After announcing in mid-2011 that all future main events would be five-round affairs, the UFC narrowed that statement to exclusively include the featured fights on its biggest shows.

However, the outstanding performance displayed by Ellenberger and Sanchez on Wednesday night led the UFC brass to recognize their mistake. As such, the UFC is now serious when they say that all of their main events will be scheduled for 25 minutes inside the Octagon.

“Already thought and done,” White said of future Fuel TV and FX main events being five-round fights.

Not only will this change bring more entertainment for fans who had hoped to see 10 more minutes of Ellenberger and Sanchez, but it promotes consistency.

If the organization is going to feature fights with title-shot implications at their smaller shows, such as UFC on Fuel TV’s main event, it only makes sense to treat those fights the same as they would a main event between top contenders on a pay-per-view or FOX card.

Good info man!

25. Nigel Guerin says:

Watching TJ Dillishaw run through Watson, made me think…..put him on a main card opposite Nick Denis…..

26. Nigel Guerin says: