Battlefield Fight League 13 Quick Results – Buckland, Spencer Win Titles

Battlefield Fight League is holding its 13th show in Vernon, British Columbia. Here are the BFL 13 results compliments of our friends at MMA Madhouse.

Main Event:
Andrew Buckland submits Matt Baker by Arm in Guillotine in Round 3, 2:12
***Buckland wins the BFL Middleweight Title Fight

Graham Spencer submits Shawn Albrecht by Rear Naked Choke in Round 4, 2:40
***Spencer wins the BFL Featherweight Title Fight

Micah Brakefield submits Ryan Allen by Flying Triangle in Round 1, 2:20
***Brakefield retains his Amateur BFL Middleweight Title Fight

Matt Dwyer defeats Mark Dobie by TKO (Elbows from Mount) in Round 1, 3:31
Jordan Beecroft submits Cory Tosoff by Arm Bar in Round 2, 3:45
Marcus Aurelio defeats Richard Jodoin by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1, 0:45
Gary Mangat defeats Dan Lin by Unanimous Decision (30-27×3)
Daniel Swain defeats Russel Davis by Unanimous Decision

33 Responses to “ Battlefield Fight League 13 Quick Results – Buckland, Spencer Win Titles ”

1. Jamie Locke says:

Bad stoppage for Jodoin….

2. Agree…sloppy stoppage by the ref.

3. Nice flying triangle by Micah Brakefield to retain ammy title.

4. Jamie Locke says:

Pretty sure it was an arm bar that got the
    tap, but slick triangle setup as well…

5. Congrats to Buckland! 2nd belt in a row!

Buckland’s on a roll, nice job!

7. mike kent says:

Buckland looked sick

8. RatedR says:

I’m not huge on Baker so I was pretty stoked to read this result :D

9. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Me too Rated R,I think the cupcake maker is one of the most overated in Canada. Look at his record,and who hes beaten,170lbers @185&a guy that has been highlight reeled twice by BFL main stays,lol nice win buckland i said u might do it,LMAO at Baker. Nice win Graham,sounds like a crazy finish to Brakefields fight.

10. Mike Davis says:

Andrew Buckland looked great tonight..wow guy has turned his career back around.

11. RatedR says:

Mr.Hicks I couldn’t agree more with everything you just said.

Great legit win for Mangat. Kid is developing great!

He can audition for tough India, which is coming in the next few months. He will get on the show 100%.

13. Tyler Davis says:

Wow buckland looked great. Awsome post fight speech baker is a douche

What’d he say post fight?

15. mike kent says:

He said he had other offers for ww belts and wasn’t even that interested in the belt he just wanted to kick bakers ass becuase he’s a huge douche lol right in bakers backyard

16. Lenny wheeler says:

Wow very surprised to see toshido go 1-2 lat night, not something that happens often

17. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@Jamie or if anyone else knows, is Buckland still training at Impact up in Nanaimo?

18. Bonnie matters says:

Baker got unlucky. He gassed on the guiliotine. Props to buckland for getting out of it its looked tight. Hanging in 3rounds gassed and bloody nose Baker showed heart. Bucklands speach after was unprofessional and the only douche of the night. Was a great fight.

19. Jamie Locke says:

Not Called Leon, Buckland is training at Impact MMA full time now and lives here on the Island. He is also doing some teaching up at Comox Valley Boxing.

This was a great night for Impact, two nice looking belts coming back to Nanaimo! Graham was due for a finish, I had 100% confidence that he would walk away with the belt, but he needed that finish! Stoked to see who he defends his belt against first! It’d be nice to see Mike Adams get healthy in time for the Nanaimo show and see Graham defend his belt/ avenge his loss at home!

Bucklands experience and patience won him another fight. He stayed calm throughout that early guilotine choke and you could see Baker mentally quit when he didn’t get the sub. Buckland looked fantastic for the rest of the fight. His post fight interview may have been a little risky, both because it was in Bakers stomping grounds and dropping the F-bomb. He was honest and candid though, a great personality to get noticed.

Looking forward to seeing these straps at the club tomorrow night!

20. Tyler Davis says:

Buckland just won a fan for life. I’ve met him before he fought Jordan, very nice guy. Baker on the other hand shit talked me when I was weighing in to fight one of his guys and dissaproved of me and Gary touching gloves mid fight, along with other douchy antics. Buckland showed relentless g&p (don’t know why ref stood the fight up the one time)nasty elbows, great striking. And ya he told it like it is on the mic great job all round

21. mike kent says:

Lol at buckland got lucky . You get lucky when u flash ko some one . Not outwork and outclass someone fot 2.5 rounds lol … Baker and buckland are both great fighters . Buvllands experience payed off m scary dude . Muvh respect after that performance

22. RatedR says:

I wish I could have saw that post fight speech, tho in saying that, Buckland has won a fan for life.

23. Tyler Davis says:

No luck involved with Andrews win. I’m thinking hours and hours of gym time and hard work had more to do with that win than luck.

24. Tyler Davis says:

Post fight speech was legendary as well!

25. Buckland did not look too concerned with that guillotine. I thought it was a dominating win. I picked Baker to win, but Andrew impressed.

26. Jamie Locke says:

Tyler, you’re 100% right about that first stand up, Buckland was laying down some serious beating in the full guard, didn’t make sense at all. That ref was weird all night. I’ve heard lots of other BS stories about him as well. I’m also surprised he could see over that gut when the fighters were on the ground.

Someone have a vid of the fight?

28. Jamie Locke says:

It’ll likely get replayed on TFN, I’ll find out if someone got a cornercam tonight.

29. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Its funny cause GAY Golshani offered me Baker for my first fight back,i said no,cause it would have been a hard cut to 185lbs so i told baker not for my first fight. Then after i beat Yan,I said im all good to fight baker now,i brought my weight down,baker talked some shit saying he would spit slap me for free & i was just using him to get a main event lol,no Matt I just wanted a win, They announced the fight then Baker whined about me making weightwhich i brought on myself from the past)But to talk all that shit & what he was gonna do to me and then pull out cause of my weight,lol u clown. Ive learned Wendys doesnt help dieting for fights,lol i think ill be ok now. my next fight is at 185lbs,can i have a hug once i make it & everyone can move on with the whole Marcus fat kid missing weight thing. I thought only i disliked the diarhea maker,but apparently he has a huge nonfan club lmao,dont worry Bfl will have someone to match Baker with thats fair,probably #1contender fight – Baker vs Dave Logan,LMAO

30. B says:

not impressed with spencer , never am. he is boring and is a point fighter. when was the last time he finished any body? he needs to do something impressive before he is considered by the ufc or bigger orgs

31. Judging from these results, the last time Spencer finished anybody was February 11, 2012.

LOL!!!!!

33. Gunner says:

i gotta get keiths back here i say Spencer finished a guy on Feb 11/12 i sure hope this was a big money quiz