Rumble on the Rez Weigh-In Results

The Opaskwayak Cree Nation is holding its first MMA card and Rumble in the Rez is putting on the show.

Here are the weigh-in results

Pro MMA
160lbs – Dominick Blais (159) vs Leo Constant (160.5)
155lbs – Matt Zemlack (155.5) vs Desmond Johnson (152)
142lbs – Louis Fisette (142) vs Curtis Constant (134)

Amateur MMA
155lbs – Jordon Constant (155) vs Peter Weir (151.5)
185lbs – Leon Church (185.5) vs Mike Flett Jr (176.5)
265lbs – Nelson Cote (263) vs Dale Swampy (279)

19 Responses to “ Rumble on the Rez Weigh-In Results ”

1. QuinnFan says:

Sign… Gabe, where is your beautiful CFM promotion? what a joke this is.

Over under for this show is 5 min 47 seconds

3. Update: Swampy arrived. Weighed in at 279.

4. Pas Prints says:

desi johnson is retarded

Wamma will smash in there fights

anybody named constant is going to lose

under for sure

LOL, so Constant’s go 0-3?

6. Idolmaker says:

Constant criticism

7. Jamie Locke says:

So you say the MBC sanctioned this?

Good on MBC for sanctioning it.

Small starter card in small town in Manitoba. Lots and lots of variables.

MBC coming in and overseeing it makes it safer and smoother.

Great to see a card in a Northern town. I hope people go support it. I hope it goes well and they do more and they’re bigger every time.

Again, kudos to MBC for making it legal and safe.

Here’s my picks

Dominick Blais vs Leo Constant : Blais in 52 secs
    Matt Zemlack vs Desmond Johnson : Zemlack in 1:31 min
    Louis Fisette vs Curtis Constant : Fisette in 22 secs

I dunno about amateurs and don’t agree with it anyways.

Amateur MMA
    Jordon Constant vs Peter Weir
    Leon Church vs Mike Flett Jr
    Nelson Cote vs Dale Swampy

This card needed Konrad McKay to lay down the business!

Konrad McKay vs both Vivian brothers at the same time!

11. Idolmaker says:

Haha I think he’d open up as a huge favorite!!!

12. @Jamie…. MBC did sanction this. They provided us with the weigh-in results.

13. Louis Fisette says:

I just think it great that more shows are starting up in MB. Need as many events as possible.

14. Idolmaker says:

Really you think more events? How about legit quality events as opposed to quantity?

15. Pat says:

idolmaker get a grip, no fights is better than lower level fights.

16. unfortunately, ROTR is the only show scheduled in Manitoba right now.

17. hawkes says:

I think its great that the MBC is trying to regulate it… but does that mean that ammy mma is no longer illegal in MB???… because it normally is!

18. Gatlin Church says:

The show is done, people left happy, No one was left being owed any money, and there is talk of a second card for August.

Any Amature fighters out their looking for a fight be sure to contact to me asap.

Thanks to Wamma for making the trip as well as the guys from Regina, Fight of the Night was 2 future stars, Leon Church and Mike Flett Jr.

19. Kevin Penner says:

What happened to the Matt Zemlack vs Desmond Johnson fight?

I’m editing the DVD today ($25 incl. tax & shipping – send me an email or call me at 204-734-9179). Footage looks & sounds good, despite some technical problems. Congrats to my cameraman Ryan Barnett who hand-held the camera the whole time when we had to get rid of the tripod.

As this was my first MMA event, I have to say the crowd noise was amazing – just this mighty roar when a local fighter got in a hit, kick, or take-down. Crazy …