Aggression FC 8 – Victoria – April 14

Date: April 14, 2012
Location: Bear Mountain Arena in Victoria, British Columbia
TV: Internet PPV
Tickets: JDF Recreation

Fight Card:
135lbs- Diego Wilson (5-1) vs. Corey Gower (3-1)
170lbs- Karel Bergen (5-0) vs. Adam Smith (3-0)
170lbs- Advin Omic (10-3) vs. Marcus Vinicios (5-6)
145lbs- Nick Driedger (5-1) vs. Bruno Capdeville (3-3)
185lbs- Marcus Hicks (11-20) vs. Ryan Janes (3-1)
200lbs- Nathan Swayze (2-2) vs. Derek Mrak (0-0)
170lbs- Dajan Kajic (1-1) vs. Ash Mashreghi (0-0)

Amateur Fights:
155lbs- Alexi Argyriou (0-0) vs. Guy Gauthier (0-1)
185lbs- Bronson Peterson (1-0) vs. Chris Anderson (4-0)
155lbs- Dillon Brown (1-0) vs. Brandon Shorter (2-1)
265lbs- Dustin Joynson (0-0) vs. Dylan Moore (0-0)
145lbs- Josh Williams (2-1) vs. Dee Obaro (1-0)

52 Responses to “ Aggression FC 8 – Victoria – April 14 ”

1. Kevin says:

Im hoping they get Drysdale a worthy UFC level opponent. The guy is ready for a step up in competition.

2. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Im hyped for this card.In fact im already at weight,lol. I am also scheduled to be on,Darren and I agreed to matchup & everything,also my boy(watch out for him)Julius Huhes(2-0)will be on this card if the matchups workout.we’re going 2-0 on AFC.U will all like my matchup,very good fight,& will have an influence on the next Canadian 205lb ratings,to my possible opponent to quote Nick diaz ‘Dont be Scared Homie’ Im also excited to see who they get for drysdale,he needs a beast who will really test him.

3. Dan says:

Misha-hicks

4. hawkes says:

i want on this card!!!

5. Don't Call Me Leon says:

C’mon Darren come out and play, tell us more!

6. Evilboy says:

I have some good ideas who Drysdale should fight. I hope AFC steps up!

7. Demitri (trev) says:

Excited to see drysdale take a big step up

8. Darren Owen says:

@Evilboy who would you like to see him fight?

9. Ryan says:

Babalu vs Drysdale would be amazing. But babalu is all tied up. Maybe try to deam of mean? Or trevor Prangley? AFC has a HUGE prospect. I hope they help use him to get a tv deal and advance their brand.

Don’t cancel on Halifax again either! lol.

10. mike kent says:

your not headed to middle wieght Marcus ?

11. canadx says:

good to see Mulder moving up the power 25 rankings!

12. KISS - Alive says:

Will Drysdale be on this card? He signed to fight in Legacy Fighting Championship in early May.

13. Drysdale is not on the card. He was not going to be ready for the AFC date due to minor surgery.

14. Advin says:

I asked my manager to see if I can be on this card. I’d love to get a chance to compete on this card.

15. Jamie Locke says:

Advin vs Bergen is a wicked fight!

16. Ryan says:

Darren you guys should try and sign Vinny Maghaeles vs Drysdale for the next event. GREAT JJ match and Vinny needs a fight since M-1 are dicking him around.

17. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Actually Mike,I am going to 185lbs. There was 3 or 4 fights I would love at 205lbs(Misha,Vic Valimaki,Tim chemelli,Martin Desilets),Darren was gonna try and hook up one of those fights vs Misha Cirkunov,we got beef.We were supposed to fight but i wasnt cleared. I REALLY WANT TO FIGHT MISHA!but oh well focus on whats happening and not what woulda,should,coulda. BUT we got my matchup for April 14th its at 185lbs & i love it,cant say till contracts are in but we have both verbally agreed. LOL Im almost more excited to show people how easy i can make 185 now than the fight,lol

18. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ The LMA, good to see your going to 185, good luck on the cut and your fight.

19. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Jamie, Locke’s offering some match making ideas for Darren! That would be a wicked fight but you could also throw Medler’s name in there too! Bosnian Bad Boy has looked real good in his last 4 outings! I can’t wait to hear more updates for this card!

20. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Ryan, don’t think Drysdale vs Magalhaes will happen as I believe they friends or something like that!

Drysdale’s opponent for Legacy Fights 11… A bit of a step down IMO, should be a quick win for Robert!

UPDATE: Added Adam Smith to take on Karel Bergen, Diego Wilson vs. Corey Gower, Nick Driedger vs. Bruno Capdeville, Marcus Hicks vs. Ryan Janes, Nathan Swayze vs. Derek Mrak and Bronson Peterson vs. Chris Anderson

These guys do a great job of finding the right fights for up-and-comers in the west.

If you’re a young fighter trying to break out of the pack, AFC is the show you want to be showcased in.

I like Dreiger vs Capedeville. Great matchmaking there.

And this janes better be ready, Marcus is a tough test for a young fighter.

Swayze vs a debuting lion is good too. Also hoping to see Jordan Knippleberg to see if he’s continuing to develop. promising fighter.

Excited to see the full card. Darren really works to build a great show.

Great work guys.

UPDATE: Added Amateur undercard

25. showtying says:

good luck on your fight marcus train hard erry day holmes.

26. Sean Quinn says:

Ya, train hard erry day, Jon Holmes.

27. ccanadx says:

Medler is now deservably highly ranked on the power 25. He is a very hard working guy. Jason is bring him along very well.

Any views on who the next upcoming star will be out of Island MMA, AAC or other BC shows/gyms?

Comments????

Come on throw out names for debate!

28. Idolmaker says:

I hope you help show find 185 Sherlock holmes

29. Darren Owen says:

Mike Holmes on Homes is making his MMA debut on this card.

30. theone says:

right on robin mentioning knipplebergs name in here

31. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ ccanadx I didn’t see you say anything about Bergen, I’d say him or Medler will fight for the AFC WW belt!

32. ccanadx says:

Leon, Im a lover not a match maker- Just wondering what the more knowledgable mma fans thought regarding a suitable match up for Mulder. See what aac thinks? Thanks for being first to throw out a name!

UPDATE: Added Advin Omic vs. Marcus Vinicios

34. Darren Owen says:

Medler is in line for a WW title fight and he most likely his next fight will be for the title. If Omic can beat Vinicios that will be 5 in a row for him and a 11-3 record and could be a potential challenger. Very preliminary at this point though.

UPDATE: Added Ash Mashreghi vs. Dejan Kajic

36. Jamie Locke says:

Card looks great.

My picks:

Wilson
    Bergen
    Omic
    Driedger
    Janes
    Swayze
    Kajic

Josh Williams is hella entertaining as an amateur. I’ve seen him kickbox as well, him and his brother ALWAYS bring it. Fun to watch.

37. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Jamie

What not taking any upsets! Pretty much how I’d see it too!

38. Jamie Locke says:

Swayze and Mrak is the only one I think could swing the other way, I have only seen Mrak fight once and this is a big step against a bigger fighter.

Swayze is a big dude who hits very hard. He is getting better every fight, so I have this one going to him.

I think Wilson’s ground game will be way too much for Gower. Every fighter from MET (Team BEEF under Josh Spong) always shows up to fight hard, I see Gower coming to scrap like he always has, but Wiklson should win this one on the mat.

Bergen has been active since his debut and again shows improvment and confidence every time out. This is a good win for him on paper, beating a 3-0 guy, but lets face it his opponent hasn’t been in the ring in a few years. Bergen should dominate.

Omic and Vinicious is a good match up, it’s exciting. Vinicious will be the bigger fighter but Omic hasn’t had a hard time with his last few bigger opponents. I think Omic will come away with the win via gas tank UD.

Dridger vs Capdeville is really a grappler vs grappler match-up. I think Drieger will be too strong and will either win this via G & P TKO or grind out a UD. I was actually very surprised that Brendan Frost managed to go the distance with NIck, and he didn’t look bad doing it.

Hicks vs Janes…. Well, I guess we’ll see which Hicks shows up. Janes is another ZUMA guy who’s great on the mat. I have yet to witness LMA make 185, but if it happens his hope will be to use his weight to get on top and pound out a TKO. I see Janes coming out with an early RNC.

Kajic vs Mashreghi is a fun match up. Kajic is from Adam Ryan’s “Dynamic MMA” in Vancouver. He’s got the pro experience and Adam Ryan knows how to bring up tough skilled fighters. Kajic will likely get another submission victory.

39. Jamie Locke says:

It’ll be interesting to see how this new merger affects production on this show.

40. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Jamie

Well I can’t go against Cory “the Hatchet” Gower!

I think Nick’s boxing is underrated so if they are both grapplers look for Nick to start something on the feet and finish with like you said some GnP!

I believe Swayze’s size will be too much for Mrak, but it will be fun to watch these to go for it!

And I really want the “Bosnian Bad Boy” to win so Medler can fight him next unless the UFC calls him up for the Calgary show, lol!

41. Jamie Locke says:

Medler vs Omic would be a fun one to watch.

Tough for Bergen as he is the top contender but team mates with Medler.

With this new merger is Ryan Ford in the title picture? Medler vs Ford, Omic vs Bergen, things could get interesting…

42. I guess there is no more AFC belt for Medler to fight for. With the merger, Ford vs Medler makes a ton of sense. I guess Hulett vs Medler makes sense as well.

43. Jamie Locke says:

I think after the merger they will be know as Aggression Fighting Championship – AFC?

Lots of great match ups, would have been cool to include BFL in the merger, combine all the talent and resources…

44. ccanadx says:

The merger is just for A’s at this stage… maybe BFL will be part of “Plan B”?
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, sorry– weird humor here and wife’s out.

45. Tom says:

The title says “Aggression FC 8”. Isn’t this event actually “Armageddon Fighting Championships 8”?

46. @Tom…Top MMA News changed the name to reflect the recent merger and the comments from both Darren Owen and Moin Mirza on our radio show that this was Aggression FC 8. To get the lowdown on the merger, I encourage you to listen the this week’s show. http://topmmanews.com/2012/04/11/aggression-merger-talk-robin-black-and-brad-causey-on-stacked-top-mma-radio/

47. Jamie Locke says:

Pretty pumped for this show, Not Leon or can will you be at the show?

Over/under on Hicks making 185 today?

48. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Jamie

Oh I’ll be there! I as well am pumped! I really hope Hicks makes 185, he better be in that sauna now, lol!

49. Jamie Locke says:

Excellent, glad to see there will be some other TMN followers at the show. Fell free to join me for a bevearge.

I will be the drunk guy in the too tight TapouT shirt who boos everyone’s entrance and yells “stand them up” at least 18 times per round. I also enjoy giving the fighters free advise such as “get up” when they are taken down…

Hope to see you there!

50. John Truss says:

Lol @Jamie awesome job describing yourself as 50% of the crowd

We got lotsa those out here too